Final contribution - page 2

don_forex:
To all...

I have made a promise to my wife. I am going to give up forex. Due to the addictive nature of forex and my personality, I am giving to much of my time to forex and not enough to God and my family. Therefore, I am giving you a final farewell. This is my last post.

Good Luck to you and may you be prosperous.

Don

Fair enough.Take care. May all the things you do be prosperous.

xXXXXooooOXXXOooooooXXXOoooooo

Perky:
don! before you go

its surprising we we working along the same path but i think im further than you got

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177985

try that!

Stop posting crap this is a thread of a retiring trader have some respect.

Newdigital, lock this thread.

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:

Stop posting crap this is a thread of a retiring trader have some respect.

Newdigital, lock this thread.

Come on, Perky is just anxious to show his new little development on that EA. I know how lonely can be a martingale/cost averaging developer are. When you blow up your account, people will come and tell you :"See?! I told ya!", and when you have good results posting on the forum, people will start to show you respect and ask you how do you do it. I think both of them deserve my respect.

Regards

David

same here

I got so addicted to forex, not because I like it, it's because it has the potential to make lotsa of money. I did not spend enough time with the family. I recommend you get your wife involve and let her trade. Please email me and I will help.

I wonder if someone can explain to me the scenario where this kind of expert falls down. I have had it running for less than 24 hrs and its up by over 800 points. But Im not getting excited here because I have read so many comments about this method of trading and they all seem to be negative so if anyone can help me understand whats going on with this expert I would very much appreciate it

Thanks

Andy

Big respect for don. May God bless you in every way you choose.

"Human choose, not chosen"

See you again sometime.....

final EA

I believe that the biggest problem with this EA is its requirement to increase the Take Profit with each increment. This feature makes it very hard to close off in profit when many increments have been made.

By using the EA to create trades and manually closing those trades as the direction gains profit I have been able to increase the original starting account balance of $251.66 (post #5) up to $335.01 (attached GIF) This is arduous and the price can change whilst closing manually a dozen trades so I have decided to use The Swiss Army EA to do the job for me at a previously set profit level.

My plan now it to set the overall profit for the current trading and let The Swiss Army EA close off both long and short trades when that level has been achieved. As the progressions are created, usually one side increments far more quickly than the other and a retracement can gain sufficient profit to cover the smaller loss on the other side. Providing the required profit level is not too high a satisfactory outcome can be achieved. In this case a more volatile pair such as GBPUSD is ideal and my starting unit is .01 = 1c per pip IBFX mini demo account and my Take profit is $1 = 100 pips.

There have been 187 downloads of this EA and it is disappointing that there has been so little in the way of results and constructive comments posted. We all wish don the best in his decision to move on surely we can make his parting gift a worthwhile contribution.

John

Files:
final4.gif  47 kb

only one thing

Thank You!, Don Forex

meda

don_forex:
To all...

I have made a promise to my wife. I am going to give up forex. Due to the addictive nature of forex and my personality, I am giving to much of my time to forex and not enough to God and my family. Therefore, I am giving you a final farewell. This is my last post.

Don

don_forex:
To all...

Don

Don you are not addicted to forex but to making money; like the whole people of this planet earth.

Take care of you and of your family.