Converting mql to visual basic?

Hello,

I am curious it its possible to convert mql coding into visual basic. The reason I ask is that I am toying around with a platform called Fibonacci TraderFibonacci Trader - The first Multiple Time Frame Software for Traders I am using their 2 week free trial now.

Its a multi time frame platform, and their system builder feature is very useful. I use both MT4 and FT but the system builder in FT is very very nice. You can literally design a system and backtest it in just a few minutes. The problem is their indicator selection is rather limited and they don't have such a deposit of knowledge like forex-tsd does with MT4.

the FT platform indicators are all coded in visual basic and I am not much of a coder ( I know a smattering of fortran 77 from engineering course in college).

Is it even possible to convert mql language to visual basic and where might I find some resources?

This bit is quoted from their site, concerning how to code your own indicators

" Do your own programming.

You can create indicators using Dynamic Link Libraries (DLLs). A DLL is a subroutine that Fibonacci Trader can link to and use dynamically. The DLL will be created using Visual Basic 6. In order to use this feature you will need some knowledge of VB6 programming. The Fibonacci Trader will pass the information needed to your DLL which will then return the value of your indicator for each bar in addition to the position of the market for that indicator and prices of any signals using that indicator. The Fibonacci Trader will display the indicator and any alarms set for that indicator.

In addition, you will be able to use your DLL indicators in your systems. "

All things are possible in one way or another

The word "convert" may be a bit loose.

The MQL4 language is a C construct, meaning it uses a syntax & structure that's loosly based on C. I would be surprised if you could find a "Converter" for it but it would be reletively simple although time consuming to "Translate" the MQL4 Code to VB.

Example:

MQL4 For loop;

for(i=0;i==15;i++)

{

do something here;

}

Translation to VB;

i=0

For i=1 to 15

Do something here

Next

Hope that helps answer your question.

Manx

Manxxx:
The word "convert" may be a bit loose.

The MQL4 language is a C construct, meaning it uses a syntax & structure that's loosly based on C. I would be surprised if you could find a "Converter" for it but it would be reletively simple although time consuming to "Translate" the MQL4 Code to VB.

Example:

MQL4 For loop;

for(i=0;i==15;i++)

{

do something here;

}

Translation to VB;

i=0

For i=1 to 15

Do something here

Next

Hope that helps answer your question.

Manx

Yes it does thanks. It appears on the surface that visual basic is easier language to code in, but I understand now how a "converter" wouldn't work.

It is possible

I am a VB developer and an MQL developer.

I can convert any MQL in VB/DLL.

Happy to do the work for you, provided there is some worthwhile trading strategy for me to share in.

Ninja

Hi I got this ea made its heiken ashi

mayby somone can change it to trade on any present bar for quicker order placing and post it back on this tread to share

Thanks

Files:

Here you go Paul. I just added a new variable to the parameters, SHIFT.

0: current bar and 1 for closed bar.

You could have just dropped me an email and I would of added it for you no problem at all.

Good luck

Lux

Files:
ninja.mq4  12 kb

Thank you so much you rock

No problem at all Paul.

Good luck with everything!

Lux

Ninja

Hi, Luxinterior

thanks very much for your modification I can c it trades a bit faster but what I was trying to ask is if you could make that it will always place a trade the second you press the expert adviser button no matter what stage the bar is at or how many same colour bars came previously. ihope I explain myself ok

I thought posibly it would mean -1: current bar and 0 for closed bar.

but i have no(sorry a little bad spell check makes misleading) idea about coding.

Thanks

Converting osMA indicator to visual basic

Can any programmer help me? This is my first post as I'm new to the site. I may well have put my appeal in the wrong section -(please forward this post on to the right section if necessary). I'm looking to use the osMA indicator , which I believe to be superior to Macd, as part of my Forex trading.

The problem is that the trading platform I use is a standard trading platform in the United Kingdom, which does not have the osMA indicator available to be selected. However it does a "Custom indicator" section where you can write/paste the source code for other indicators not available on the platform.

But to do this they must be converted to a visual basic type of language called "Probuilder" (programming guide available on www.prorealtime.com)The first type of osMA I would like to use, the source code files are available at ,https://www.mql5.com/en/forum , Second choice is https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018or https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173263

I have kindly been advised by the help staff here at Forex-tsd.com, that the osMA indicator can be converted by programmer/coder to visual basic - some coders can make dll and so on

by placing the request on the following threads:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177863

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173110.

Any questions please contact roy.daniel@centrica.com, or daniels_roy@hotmail.com

I would be extremely grateful for any help with this matter - please feel free to attach any files

Many Thanks

Sylvester.