Fast Forward and Rewind Charts

Does anyone know of a MT4 plugin, or any other system for that matter that will allow me to step through individual candlesticks?

Meaning, I'd like to setup my chart with all my indicators etc, and then essentially hit play. That way I can pick a point where I think I can make a trade, and then fast forward to see if I was correct.

I know I can just go through carts and visually back test, but I would like to do it without seeing the chart ahead of me.

Blocking off the front of the chart doesn't work either, because some indicators such as ichimoku will be displayed ahead of time then allowing me to cheat.

I have used this setup in the past to do just this. However using the backtesting ability of MT4 some indicators may not work.

Testing Visualization: Manual Trading - MQL4 Articles

this article shows how to use expert advisors (that are included) that are posted using your own indicators to trade using historical data.

It works, takes time to put together, and doesn't work for all indicators, especially Multi-time frame indicators.

Hope it works out for you

-DGV

Thanks, That's about exactly what I was looking for. I haven't got the Buy/Sell ability setup yet, I'm having a little trouble, but I can select any date and hit start, load up my indicators and take a look.

Also, it appears that each bar closes in 1 minute vs 5min, 15min etc, so you can speed trade.

This is great.

Thanks for the help.

whoa that is just one of the greatest hint i have ever seen for MT4...

Backtesting without being able to see the chart is definitely more serious.