Wth do ppl sell EAs - page 4

el cid:
So u regard people like as real traders making enough from trading, because we give away free EAS ,to help new traders automate

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178023

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177980

El Cid

Give away different to selling, if your selling it that means you cant make money from using it and need money from selling it.Same as forex training and systems they do it because they've lost all there money trading and are about to get paid to show you how to lose yours.

omelette:
El Cid, while I would agree his EA's are over-priced, at least he has the stones to trade them live and in full view to prospective buyers. Which is probably also the reason that his thread does not seem to attract the "Kill 'em all" crowd...

Having just had a looksie, it is slightly ominous that he has posted a link to the EA's latest update which is replete with beautiful MT Generated equity curves - absolutely worthless imo!

So as long as he continues trading his EA's live and posting the results, he will always have more credibility (and less hate-mail) than others...

Live testing MUST be done with real money, even with nano lots, because the demo data and live data make systems and indicators go different ways and do different things.

You can see this by putting the same system on a live and demo side by side everything looks the same but signals and trades generated seem to be different.They wont always be immediately different but over time 6 months they will.Because broker messes with live data throws in a bar here a bar there takes one out here n there when ever he chooses.This is what some people just cant seem to get through there head it is the history the EA is working from that is being altered is why alot of these demo tested EA's fail on live accounts.

What we really need is, the esignal feed coming into the MT4 that the ea works from and the actual trading done through an ecn like MBTrading but all done through the MT4 platform using API's.

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
...Live testing MUST be done with real money, even with nano lots, because the demo data and live data make systems and indicators go different ways and do different things.

You can see this by putting the same system on a live and demo side by side everything looks the same but signals and trades generated seem to be different.They wont always be immediately different but over time 6 months they will.Because broker messes with live data throws in a bar here a bar there takes one out here n there when ever he chooses.This is what some people just cant seem to get through there head it is the history the EA is working from that is being altered is why alot of these demo tested EA's fail on live accounts.

What we really need is, the esignal feed coming into the MT4 that the ea works from and the actual trading done through an ecn like MBTrading but all done through the MT4 platform using API's.

Absolutely, I totally agree! My point was that though overpriced, the seller in question is at least live-testing them, unlike others...

btw, I subscribed to eSignal for a few years - it's overpriced and a waste of money imo. InteractiveBrokers' feed is every bit as good and is free.

If you have a reliable EA why not sell it? If I knew how to design them, and they were very profitable, I would sell them. They wouldn't be cheap either.

You see these EAs all over Ebay, some very high($2000+) and some very low($55). Who really knows if the $55 one isn't the exact same as the $2000 one? I don't think any 1 trading system can flood the forex market. Be it a trading system or EA. Just my opinion.

I would like to see a very profitable EA with a sl. With little drawdown. If it is profitable enough why wouldn't it be worth a couple grand?

I just like using them along with my trading. I like to think of it as a challenge to beat the machine. Keeps me on my toes.

not worth it imo.

Maybe cause they are programmers and not traders, so they are unable to make a living from trading

So they rely on income from programming whilst running shitty little accounts

maybe they are just big bullshitters

Here is commercial EA sold on forex factory.

The first image is the EA optimised on historical data before the sale

and second image is performance after the purchase

el cid:
Here is commercial EA sold on forex factory.

The first image is the EA optimised on historical data before the sale

and second image is performance after the purchase

Yes, it is good point.

We are backtesting EA based on historical data. And we can forward test EA. But when we finished forward testing so we may say like this: "look, this EA is performing good". But to say a true, we must say the following: "look, this EA performed good". To say exactly about performance we all need to understand the system but unfortunately the sellers are not telling anything to us and we have to believe in them and sometimes just funny talking aroud between the seller and customer:

seller: "my EA is very good."

customer: "can I see backtesting results?"

seller: "statement attached."

customer: "can I see forward testing results for few weeks?"

seller: "yes, statement attached."

customer: "can I see invertor's password and login?"

seller: "yes, take it"

customer: "can you explain about this system? how can I know that this system will be profitable in January 2008 for example? I need to know your system. Where did you develop it? Forum, website, where? I do not need to know your secrets but I need just an explanation"

seller: "Sorry I can not disclossed anything."

customer: "So how can I believe that your system will be profitable if I will buy it?"

seller: "believe in me. It is profitable."

customer: "believe in you? Who are you? Some variant answeres - you are:

- famous forex coder/developer/trader - say your well-known name;

- unknown forex coder/developer/trader - please indicate your posts/threads on the forums and your free indicators or EAs or systems or evaluations posted to be familar about what you did before selling;

- Napoleon Bonaparte (if yes so I will believe in you);

- Mother Teresa (if yes so I will believe in you);

- Nicolaus Copernicus (February 19, 1473 – May 24, 1543)."

Most of the sellers are not disclossing anything and we should just believe in them that their systems are profitable.

Hi all

Igorad is a trader and a very good coder and many of his EAS are good and profitable,he supplies EAS as part of his programming services .Kalenzo ,Ryan Klefas Coders Guru are coders and provide custom EAS for customer's requirements.They are all good programmers

The readers should not include the above persons in generalisations ..........when discussing why

El cid

hehe. i think the closest automation you can get is just when a trade is setup, have the EA call you or msg you so that yo ucan Look and assess and place orders. with EA everything is mechanized, but theres that certain time where you can save a lot of loss by simply looking at the charts yourself, and determining whether its right or wrong.

jjk2:
hehe. i think the closest automation you can get is just when a trade is setup, have the EA call you or msg you so that yo ucan Look and assess and place orders. with EA everything is mechanized, but theres that certain time where you can save a lot of loss by simply looking at the charts yourself, and determining whether its right or wrong.

I agree. Not sure how to set that up. But it would be nice!

Do you see automated trading taking over any time soon?