MQL4 Learning - page 18

Thank You Mas0n,

I do not get this half page code. Would You please write me how to create just 1 simple label, and how to change the font, font size, and color of it.

Thank You,

MQL4.

iEnvelopes code

Dave,

Are you declaring the values to be 'double' ?

I PMed you ages ago, couldn't reach you by your reg. email. Glad to see you posting

P in KC

Yes they are double!

Dave

Hello, can anybody help with this code??

Null

Replace your NULL with Symbol() ...

iscuba11:
envtop_cur0=iEnvelopes(NULL,0,30,0,5,0,-0.04,2,0);//TopBand

envbottom_cur0=iEnvelopes(NULL,0,30,0,5,0,0.04,1,0);//BottomBand

Something is not right with above - Can someone spot and fix this code??

Dave

<<<

Much thanks in advance!!

A suggestion from a seasoned coder ... try to get in the habit of using words for your variables rather than numbers. I think you will find the errors become easier to find. Also, you need to be a bit more specific in the context of how it's being used for us to spot problems.

So, some concerns I see:

1) do you want the shift as 5 or applied price to be 5? I am assuming you want the price to be 5 = PRICE_TYPICAL.

2) you have the modes reversed. MODE_UPPER = 1, MODE_LOWER = 2.

3) you are forcing the shift to 0, which is the current bar only. Not sure if this is what you want, but for an indicator that draws lines it needs to be a variable. An EA is ok with a 0.

Mark

Thanks For The Reply!

flexie:
A suggestion from a seasoned coder ... try to get in the habit of using words for your variables rather than numbers. I think you will find the errors become easier to find. Also, you need to be a bit more specific in the context of how it's being used for us to spot problems.

So, some concerns I see:

1) do you want the shift as 5 or applied price to be 5? I am assuming you want the price to be 5 = PRICE_TYPICAL.

2) you have the modes reversed. MODE_UPPER = 1, MODE_LOWER = 2.

3) you are forcing the shift to 0, which is the current bar only. Not sure if this is what you want, but for an indicator that draws lines it needs to be a variable. An EA is ok with a 0.

Mark

The 5 is shift and looks correct. The MODE upper and lower are wrong and have been corrected. What about the deviation's???

Dave

<<<

MQL4:
Thank You Mas0n,

I do not get this half page code. Would You please write me how to create just 1 simple label, and how to change the font, font size, and color of it.

Thank You,

MQL4.

objectCreate("pbstat",StartX,StartY,"test",10,"Arial Narrow",FontColor);