Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 266

Slow MT4

Bryan61:
These, or some of these indicators seem to be slowing down my computer.

I believe its the zigzag_pointer alert. Anyone else having this problem? I'm only on page 29, perhaps this has been addressed.

Thanks,

And thank you BB !!

I had the same problem. Start by going to the Windows directory of your MT4. Open the Logs folder and delete everything in it. Now go to the Experts folder, open the Log folder in it, and delete everything there. Restart MT4. If you still have slow performance, go to Tools - Options - Charts, and set both Max Bars to a minimum. You won't be able to get reliable backtesting with those minimums, but it will help the performance of MT4. I actually did this in reverse order, and found deleting the logs solved the lag problem.

Does this EA work???

I've attached the various EA's to multiple charts and have yet to have one open a position. i know this thread has fizzled out, but does anyone have any idea why these EA's don't seem to open trades?

does anyone know where bigbear is nowadays?

myoccm:
I've attached the various EA's to multiple charts and have yet to have one open a position. i know this thread has fizzled out, but does anyone have any idea why these EA's don't seem to open trades?

I don't think Bigbear himself recommended the EA, he preferred manual trading.

hey gang !

Hey fatcat ! hey gang !

I've been trading a bit a new strategy ( or a combo thereof ) and it's kind of lengthy to explain 4 systems at once so I'll stick to the basics of two of them.

This is in remembrance of Big bear's ZZ and MP6140 contribution to the initial thread which has evolved into the present one.

Fatcat you're in the same timezone as I am as far as I remember so I'll use the GMT+2 TZ. you guys will love this system as it's as pure as anything ( no freaking indis ... at all )

-----------------------------

1)

Open GBP/USD, GBP/CHF, GOLD.

G/U - open both Long and Short @9:15 ( M15 charts pls ) TP @ 40 pips SL @ 25 pips

G/Chf - open both Long and Short @9:15 TP 45, SL 30

Gold - open both Long and Short @ 10:00 TP 50 SL 30

2)

GBP/USD @10:15 after the 10:00 bar closes observe day low and day high so far. Place pending orders buy stop and sell stop at day high + 10 pips and day low - 10 pips respectively with TP 40 and SL 25 ( prefferably with 25 + Trailing stops )

GBP/Chf @ 10:15 after the 10:00 bar closes, note day high and day low, add 10 pips and place pending orders + / - TP 45 SL 27.5 TSL your choice ... prefferably larger than SL ... obvious reasons

Gold @ 10:15 place pending for buy stop and sell stop at the day high and day low. aim for TP 40 SL 25 .... TSL your choice ....

Anyone got an interesting way of automating this ? ... I've tested it for about 3 months and seems to be doing wonders

See for yourselves !

Inspired by inspiring traders

Cheers,

Al

actudoran:
Hey fatcat ! hey gang !

I've been trading a bit a new strategy ( or a combo thereof ) and it's kind of lengthy to explain 4 systems at once so I'll stick to the basics of two of them.

This is in remembrance of Big bear's ZZ and MP6140 contribution to the initial thread which has evolved into the present one.

Fatcat you're in the same timezone as I am as far as I remember so I'll use the GMT+2 TZ. you guys will love this system as it's as pure as anything ( no freaking indis ... at all )

1)

Open GBP/USD, GBP/CHF, GOLD.

G/U - open both Long and Short @9:15 ( M15 charts pls ) TP @ 40 pips SL @ 25 pips

G/Chf - open both Long and Short @9:15 TP 45, SL 30

Gold - open both Long and Short @ 10:00 TP 50 SL 30

2)

GBP/USD @10:15 after the 10:00 bar closes observe day low and day high so far. Place pending orders buy stop and sell stop at day high + 10 pips and day low - 10 pips respectively with TP 40 and SL 25 ( prefferably with 25 + Trailing stops )

GBP/Chf @ 10:15 after the 10:00 bar closes, note day high and day low, add 10 pips and place pending orders + / - TP 45 SL 27.5 TSL your choice ... prefferably larger than SL ... obvious reasons

Gold @ 10:15 place pending for buy stop and sell stop at the day high and day low. aim for TP 40 SL 25 .... TSL your choice ....

Anyone got an interesting way of automating this ? ... I've tested it for about 3 months and seems to be doing wonders

See for yourselves !

Inspired by inspiring traders

Cheers,

Al

Hi actudoran - That sounds like an interesting idea, but I don't understand exactly what you're doing.

1) For the GBPUSD, you say to open both long and short positions at 9:15 am. Do you mean place pending orders at those times or actually open both orders at once and take the loss on one side? Are you suggesting catching the losing side quickly and closing the order manually?

2) What times and time zone are you using to calculate your daily high and lows for the later trades?

I'd also appreciate some more information about your win/lose ratio. Sounds like it could be a very interesting system. Spot any other currency pairs that work?

PB

hey gang !

hi m8 !

look ... gbpusd 9:15 my time ( i.e. GMT + 2 --- meaning 7:15 GMT) open a BUY and a SELL order at that time ... you don't close any of them manually you just put TP 40 and SL 25 for each order ... obviously one wins and other looses ... i have carefully monitored gbpusd for about 1 year back and can say it works at 9:15 open TP 40 SL 25

I have also watched 9:15 for GBPCHF and works even better but giving the fact that the daily price amplitude is higher than GBPUSD by about 30 pips I'd say use the TP 45 SL 30 for better protection. diff is still 15 pips .... X 2 currencies or even gold @ 10:00 with TP 50 SL 30 ... might just make a nifty 50 pips a day without much loss of sleep .... worst case scenario is long shaddows that trigger both SL ... maximum risk = 2 X SL ... I've chosen that entry level and SL carefully so that it shouldn't happen ( test it on demo first )

I am now using it alonside my other tricks in the bag

hope that clears the mist a bit ! enjoy !

Alex

oops forgot about the other one ...

so you take the high of the day add ten pips and place a pending order ... TP and SL as explained above ... then you take the low of the day ( i.e. since 0:00 - assuming that all this pending placing business occurs right after the 10:00 bar has closed on M15 so right at 10:15 ) substract 10 pips place tp and sl ... this is why it has a dynamic range ... otherwise it would have been almost too easy .... It's a bit difficult to explain ... have faith ! use the above levels for tp and SL ... experiment a bit with it ... try it ...

seems easy enough to test. I like the momemtum trades with the small sl. I am not sure why the trigger at 7:15.. .Seems random but must be something going on.

As far as the ea from the thread, you would want to do some tweeking and run on the 4 hour. Not sure if you can make anything on one hour. its a good ea overall. Simple.

EA related ...

hey ajk !

look ... this is just a simple combo of two strategies. I used the 7:15 GMT because the 7 sharp is Frankfurt open ... first candle is erratic at best on m15 therefore I based my obs afterwards hoping that whatever momentum frankfurt is launching london will amplify or reverse it with a lot more wally behind ... The range I gave is as good as I can find a balance between risk and reward based on about a yr's worth of observation and forward testing different ways and parameters to catch the wind on my side ...

See you in the mkt !

Al

PS this is a tribute to Big Bear Kamper and mp6140 as they inspired me to look for those things even if the best result was observed on M15 not h4 or h1 as the original thread started.

I love the ZZ just like any other fella' ... but there's a simple and relatively safe way to bag a few pips a day ... even if all they do is slowly recoup what one lost due to lack of market exposure .... i.e. not enough nail biting time spent in front of the screen watching the markets .... after a critical time is reached ... you start noticing stuff ... and make up silly little things like the above taking adv on little experience with derivatives. That's all

thanks again on that tip....., I tested your trade yesterday and worked well. Very simple and precise.... I am going to run a couple of other ea combos and see what might work just for kicks. ....Today would of been a big day if it could of let it run and close a few hours later. most days not though and would have just reversed after the win...

. There are a couple of of other threads on the yen using the GBP open that have been tested that seem to also work well.

Back to this thread ea..I will have to try the 15 minute....I like the 4 hour though. Easy to manage.