Need ea for System I am have developed - page 2

Great question. The answer really is no. And I say no because my backtesting was done with FXDD. I think that their GMT time is +3 if I am not mistaken.

Obviously this is critical as each broker will have different feeds and time base. I'm hoping that overall it will not make too much of a difference but I could be wrong.

Also I wanted to say Thanks to Michel for getting the ball rolling. I checked out the ea and it has the guts. I'm curious about something with Metatrader. Is it possible to close half the order, as I have in my rules. Or would it be easier to open two seperate trades?

If my risk management only allows for 1 Regular Lot, then it could open 2 seperate 1/2 lots, each with the same stop loss, but with different take profits. Then when the 30 pips is reached, both stops would move to break even.

Can this be done?

wpaten:
I'm curious about something with Metatrader. Is it possible to close half the order, as I have in my rules. Or would it be easier to open two seperate trades?

If my risk management only allows for 1 Regular Lot, then it could open 2 seperate 1/2 lots, each with the same stop loss, but with different take profits. Then when the 30 pips is reached, both stops would move to break even.

Can this be done?

Did you try the EA ??? it follows your rules...

If Lots == 1, it opens two lots orders.

If Lots == 0.5, it opens 1 lot orders.

Oh...I guess that's why you're the coding genius . What about the stop loss breaking even after 30 pips? Is that in there as well. You will have to forgive me, but deciphering code isn't my strength.

Thanks in advance.

I just took a look at the EA above and if I'm understanding the rules right there were a couple mistakes in the EA. Like with the two options for a stoploss the rules were to take the closer stoploss, is that right? That what I changed them to, as well the take profit I thought was supposed to be 100 pips from the original buy or sell point rather than an additional 100 pips beyond the 30 pip take profit, so I changed that part to. I hope this is contributing more than hurting. I was looking at the GBP/USD when testing it and these changes in the code gave better results for the YTD gains, so I think this is what you wanted.

Just as a word of caution... I noticed that testing further back, there were some very big drawdowns, especially from Nov of '93 to May of '96.

Also, I put the stoploss and take profit points into the extern veriables to use for opitmization. Good luck!

Files:
wpaten2.mq4  3 kb

Perfect. Thanks a lot willis. Much appreciated to you both.

Willis11of12:
I just took a look at the EA above and if I'm understanding the rules right there were a couple mistakes in the EA. Like with the two options for a stoploss the rules were to take the closer stoploss, is that right? That what I changed them to, as well the take profit I thought was supposed to be 100 pips from the original buy or sell point rather than an additional 100 pips beyond the 30 pip take profit, so I changed that part to. I hope this is contributing more than hurting. I was looking at the GBP/USD when testing it and these changes in the code gave better results for the YTD gains, so I think this is what you wanted.

Just as a word of caution... I noticed that testing further back, there were some very big drawdowns, especially from Nov of '93 to May of '96.

Also, I put the stoploss and take profit points into the extern veriables to use for opitmization. Good luck!

Thanks for your corrections !

About the 100 - 130 pips TP, I misunderstood this sentence:

I found that MANY times the 30 pips was hit. The 100 pips take profit was hit but only about half the time. The key, however is to continue looking for a new setup once a trade has ended. What I mean by that is let's say that you enter a Buy trade and it is successful for 130 pips, and it continues heading up, YOU DO NOT RE-ENTER THE TRADE. You look for a completely new signal, which means that price needs to close Lower than it's open before you could look for a new signal to occur.

Anyway, the best is to put it as extern as you did.

Yeah I meant 30+100 total but 100 pips from the open of the candle. Sorry about that.

Michel:
The heart is here, seems good...

These are the 4 currencies for 7 years backtests.:)

I know a way to make the method a lot better!!!

Trade 2 lots.

Exit first lot with +30 pips

Exit second lot with +100 pips

I hope somone can make an EA modification..thanks Michel

Candles.

Files:
cadjpy.gif  9 kb
gbpusd.gif  8 kb
usdchf.gif  9 kb
gbpjpy_2.gif  9 kb

The best results for YTD with the GBPUSD seem to be leaving the SL points the same and changing the larger take profit to 85 instead of 100.

Files:

Ok, I realized that I didn't put the first take profit in the optimizing settings and so on this one I did and it turns out that with the GBP/USD it is better to have the the first take profit at 39 pips instead of 30. By the way, I am testing on MIG's quotes as that is the last MT4 broker I have traded with. Here's the new version with the earlier take profit.

Files:
wpaten2_1.mq4  3 kb