Terminator Version 4 - page 5

vpopovic:
have a stupid qestion,do i need to change magic number for every chart or just attach?

Just attach to every chart. There is not need to change magic number.

Demo Results

Hi,

I've decided to give Terminator 4 a try, and put it yesterday to test on 12 pairs with 0.01 lots on Alpari Demo.

Right now it has 5 open positions on USDJPY, GBPJPY, EURJPY and EURAUD, all losers, totaling -30.82 .

Since these results are totally different from the ones posted in this thread, I'm afraid I may have some problems with my settings. Where can I look for this problem?

Thanks!

demo result

hi,

i' m testing terminator 4.11, with good result ( i think it is possible to close manually any orders, base on your discretion)

see my statements

giapel

memilavi:
Hi,

I've decided to give Terminator 4 a try, and put it yesterday to test on 12 pairs with 0.01 lots on Alpari Demo.

Right now it has 5 open positions on USDJPY, GBPJPY, EURJPY and EURAUD, all losers, totaling -30.82 .

Since these results are totally different from the ones posted in this thread, I'm afraid I may have some problems with my settings. Where can I look for this problem?

Thanks!

You didn't started it at the best moment, we are under heavy downward movement on carry trades, and most EAs based on carry trades are a heavy drawdown at this moment.

Anyway Terminator is resisting very well until now.

giapel, you are using it with an extreme overleverage, this EA need a 100K deposit size to work with 0.1 lot on a standard account.

My Demo Accounts:

Statement: 1514515 - Terminator v4

Statement: 455958 - Terminator 4.11

account-lot setting on terminator

hi, project1972

this is only demo-account to understand ea, i think to use 3000 $ with 0.01 lot and 4 or 6 pairs.

do you think it correct ?

regards

giapel

Hello Project1972,

It is true that T4.11 is doing well in these days, I'm also trying FR and FFS with far worse DD.

Question:

The T/P values of the orders seem to me to high, for example T4.11 opened yesterday buy GPBJPY at 245.32 with T/P 254.68 - is it not too dangerous?

Sorry for my English, best regards

parez:
Hello Project1972,

It is true that T4.11 is doing well in these days, I'm also trying FR and FFS with far worse DD.

Question:

The T/P values of the orders seem to me to high, for example T4.11 opened yesterday buy GPBJPY at 245.32 with T/P 254.68 - is it not too dangerous?

Sorry for my English, best regards

TP are there only to write something or fool the broker, the EA will close the order when its the time to close, most of the time well before reach TP.

"After a highly volatile 24 hours in the currency markets, today’s New York session saw most currencies hold on to there recent gains against the dollar. Throughout the session EUR/USD repeatedly tested all time highs around the 1.3780 level. With EUR/USD now firmly above the 1.3700 mark, and well supported there, short term support and resistance levels seem to be forming for the pair around the 1.3740 and 1.3780 levels, respectively. Cable also continued skyward, as the Pound strengthened to quarter century highs versus the greenback. GBP/USD rose into the 2.0360s before some late day profit taking sent it back to the short term support level of around 2.0325.

The USD faired a little better elsewhere, as it bounced rather dramatically against the Yen. USD/JPY recouped a good portion of its losses, as it rallied higher by 100+ pips from recent lows. Traders resumed their long Carry trade position which was evident as EUR/JPY bolted higher by 150+ pips from recent lows, popping back over the 168.00 handle. Many saw this as a signal that traders are willing to maintain their risk appetite. Other high yielding carries followed as AUD/JPY and NZD/JPY both moved by more than 100 pips to the upside after yesterday’s shakeout.

Yesterday’s Bank of Canada statement following the rate decision also continued to be digested by traders. USD/CAD pushed another 50+ pips higher, to briefly penetrate the 1.0600 area, before a late session draw back forced the pair into the 1.0550s. An increased probability the BoC will not continue to raise rates, which had been priced into the exchange rate, was mostly to blame."

My demos are back on the green line.

Files:

Hello,

thank you project_1972 for this good work. I've done thousand backtests of terminator v2.2&3 and find some settings. Your ea seems to be a strong improvement of previous version. But i have problem with your predefined settings : eur/usd doesn't pass nov 2006 big movement when i backtest with the both direction. (eur/usd is not a carry affair ). So my question is this one : how can i configure the ea to stop al positions with a -25% drawdown ?

thank you

icek

icek:
Hello,

thank you project_1972 for this good work. I've done thousand backtests of terminator v2.2&3 and find some settings. Your ea seems to be a strong improvement of previous version. But i have problem with your predefined settings : eur/usd doesn't pass nov 2006 big movement when i backtest with the both direction. (eur/usd is not a carry affair ). So my question is this one : how can i configure the ea to stop al positions with a -25% drawdown ?

thank you

icek

If you use the default risk and capital requirement I am sure it pass the backtest, I did it several times with Alpari data. Be sure to have at least 2 years back of data in the diary timeframe prior to the start date of backtest, it will let the EA to pick the worst movement in the 2 years prior the start date to adjust pipstep according.

But anyway you can increase the AccountEquityPercentProtection to 75% if you want to protect against 25% drawdown.