PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 174

Maybe didn't work on EURUSD for 2008 but was working for GBPUSD with default set file (2008-2009 test).

Files:

I just ran it on GBPUSD 15min, got close to the same thing (although, it didn't take a single loss).

Enforcer:
Maybe didn't work on EURUSD for 2008 but was working for GBPUSD with default set file (2008-2009 test).

Hi Guys,

I'm an italian trader. I read the thread. The PipMaker it's very scheming for me. But I have for all a little question: it is not me clear the whole logic. Could be able someone to explain me the theory - in detailed way - of PipMaker that I try to program it on Tradestation 8.6? Thanks for help.

Enforcer.. can you have a look at something. I have been trading this EA for the past 2 weeks now - however, there is a slight problem.

Even with MM off, the lot sizes I put in are not the ones being traded. For some reason, it trades with whatever size it wants to trade with, and increments it with the the total of the lot size AND increment value I have put in

eg, I have entered MM off, Max risk is 0.2 (this should only work when MM is on), lot size is 0.03 and increment is 0.02

But it is trading lots of 0.01 and the increment is 0.05!

Can you look into this please?

@James666

I will llok as soon I'll get some time for that.

@Bigape

Theory is pretty simple - try to enter on trade at a good point and reach profit target.

If trend goes against trade will make a sort of grid by increasing lot with each trade and close everything in profit.

This method never fails if your account is big enough

Of course, in practice accounts are never big enough

Enforcer:

Another thing...I have just had a look at your statement and the settings from the above post. Profit target is supplosed to be 5, as shown in your settings, but the trades have been making 20 almost everytime. How come?

Profit target 5 mean is expected 5$ / 0.01 lot.

0.05 lot = 20$ (5x5).

Trades going above 20$ - Profit trailing = true.

More profit with multiple orders - IncrementProfitTarget=true

IncrementProfitTarget=false mean fixed target (profit target*starting lot)

IncrementProfitTarget=true mean incremental target by total lots

Enforcer:
Profit target 5 mean is expected 5$ / 0.01 lot.

0.05 lot = 20$ (5x5).

Trades going above 20$ - Profit trailing = true.

More profit with multiple orders - IncrementProfitTarget=true

IncrementProfitTarget=false mean fixed target (profit target*starting lot)

IncrementProfitTarget=true mean incremental target by total lots

very confusing.. previous versions were not like this...

I remember with v15_3.. if I put lots size 0.1 with profit target 5, then 0.1 would trade until it made $5 or more...simple.

So i should do increment profit target false to get to how it was before?

James666:
very confusing.. previous versions were not like this...

I remember with v15_3.. if I put lots size 0.1 with profit target 5, then 0.1 would trade until it made $5 or more...simple.

So i should do increment profit target false to get to how it was before?

Yup.

Read description of external variables inside EA.

A Set file

Can you post a set file for a micro 4 digit account. or can you post something that explains each settings. i do not know if I have it set up the best possible way since i do not know what all the settings do?

Should I be using all the trends? FISHER, CCI, iTrend, and ARSI?