PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 161

what are the difference between version 14 and 9.2 ?

Enforcer:
Drawdawn spikes are expected on counter-trend systems.

EA try to aim point of trend reversal or near it. but many times have to place additional orders as first ones didn't hit the trend reversal zone...

Also settings have big impact on this, too low triggers will cause a lot of such orders, too high trigger will miss completely desired point and will not trade almost at all.

About OpenOnTick, I will not remove, relax

I currently try to have AutoReverse option, in other words to detect when is good to go on trend and when is better to go on counter-trend and switch modes automatically.

Until now I got irrelevant results so if anyone have any idea about proper way to do this please say.

hello , i m new here it is my first post .. i m french and so i m sorry for my bad english . I developp some EA and i modifiy a little this one for the entry signal code where i use R williams and Rsi .. this work very well ( lots of trade and good profit) but effectivly the big problem is the fundamental when the price retrace after a long long time drawdown exploses . It s the major problem of this EA . For autoreverse , the idea is obviously great .. i think ever about that and i m ready to help you in this way .

Sorry for my language ..

Cordialy .

huge change

Be careful,

Just looking at Bobsters live stats, just sitting at floating p/l at -4800.

On a 10k account that is an incredibly high risk and drawdown.

This is against all BASIC money management rules.

Any thoughts on how the EA is setup or reacting?

Cheers,

Miike

10000$

bobsters:
freedom,

i'm also forward testing your EA. here is my link:

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

Looks great so far! 15% return in < 1 day.

that's great just wondering-do you have 10000 for real trade?

if yes -go forward test

if no

test with amount what you planing (if ) to trade with real green money

set files

bobsters:
freedom,

i'm also forward testing your EA. here is my link:

MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

Looks great so far! 15% return in < 1 day.

btw

what set files you use?

ea

SickouteR:
hello , i m new here it is my first post .. i m french and so i m sorry for my bad english . I developp some EA and i modifiy a little this one for the entry signal code where i use R williams and Rsi .. this work very well ( lots of trade and good profit) but effectivly the big problem is the fundamental when the price retrace after a long long time drawdown exploses . It s the major problem of this EA . For autoreverse , the idea is obviously great .. i think ever about that and i m ready to help you in this way .

Sorry for my language ..

Cordialy .

could you post ea you

done -modify ?

merci

SickouteR:

Sorry for my language ..

Cordialy .

Glad to see someone try to solve drawdawn problem.

Of course you are welcome to contribute, it would be interesting to see any improvement.

For now, a quick back test for PipMaker 15.3:

Pair: EURUSD H1

Period : 01.01.2009 - 06.01.2009 (5 months)

Initial deposit: 1000 $

Net profit: +34%

Max draw down: 11.67%

Profit factor: 2.27

Disable ARSI and will get:

Net profit: 48.6%

Max draw down: 12.47%

Profit factor: 2.08

Files:
pm15.3_2009.jpg  213 kb

Enforcer, never trust a backtest in any market or tool.

The backtest testing tool has flaws and the only way to trust results is live forward testing.

Even forward testing on a demo account can have inconsistencies with live results!

Cheers,

Miike

miike:
Enforcer, never trust a backtest in any market or tool.

The backtest testing tool has flaws and the only way to trust results is live forward testing.

Even forward testing on a demo account can have inconsistencies with live results!

Cheers,

Miike

it is not about trust it is about reference and you must have some reference to test ea

then you take forward test -and that cost a lot of time

i had this one

Files: