PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 101

Enforcer:

if OpenOnTickis used, next order will be placed only if

Close[0] < TickPrice for buys or

Close[0] > TickPrice for sells

OK but this will be in conflict with ReverseDirection=true, new orders against the trend cannot be placed if I understand well. Else, in trend follow strategy (ReverseDirection=false) new orders will be placed only if they are in better position than existing ones. That`s right or I didn`t understand?

Yes, will be in conflict with Reverse, but, like I said, is an old function left there, I didn't removed from code, just don't use it.

Actually, I requested the reverse function and enforcer added it, thanks enforcer for that. Since last november, I have been running several pipmaker versions together in a live micro account and despite drawdowns several times, I managed to survive with very possitive account growth until today. Each pipmaker versions always have different magic numbers. I use long only, short only, long and short, reverse signal versions altogether.

I love pipmaker than any other EA and we can insert any much more reliable signal if found, and as always money management is the key.

Really appreciate enforcer's contribution with pipmaker saga.

Enforcer:
Yes, will be in conflict with Reverse, but, like I said, is an old function left there, I didn't removed from code, just don't use it.

It works, but...

This EA has come up to be the best one I have in my collection, and it does come up with a lot of wonderful trades. But what I dont know is if its possible to avoid the piling losing current trades. It shows a perfect graph, really low drawdown, but the open trades could add up in huge losses so fast, or is there something i'm doing wrong?

Drawdawn spikes are expected on counter-trend systems.

EA try to aim point of trend reversal or near it. but many times have to place additional orders as first ones didn't hit the trend reversal zone...

Also settings have big impact on this, too low triggers will cause a lot of such orders, too high trigger will miss completely desired point and will not trade almost at all.

About OpenOnTick, I will not remove, relax

I currently try to have AutoReverse option, in other words to detect when is good to go on trend and when is better to go on counter-trend and switch modes automatically.

Until now I got irrelevant results so if anyone have any idea about proper way to do this please say.

Enforcer:

I currently try to have AutoReverse option, in other words to detect when is good to go on trend and when is better to go on counter-trend and switch modes automatically.

Until now I got irrelevant results so if anyone have any idea about proper way to do this please say.

Best idea...

Maybe with ADXMA

Files:
adxma.mq4  7 kb
usdchf_1.gif  51 kb

Adxma

Hi Frantacech, I placed the indicator on my charts along with pipmaker v14, but did not get the information that you have at the bottom, is that another indicator, or am I placing it in the wrong place?

Thanks because the bottom is a different indicator. It's the ToR indicator, found here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177237

Enforcer, OpenOnTick is not working, I think you just disabled it. Can you please enable it for me. I cannot test my Break-Out strategy. Now when ReverseDirection=false there is no difference if OpenOnTick=0 or =1, The orders are being placed in wrong way: 1st - 0.1 lot, 2nd is in worse position but the lots are 0.2, 3rd is in more worse position than 2nd but the lots are 0.3 and etc. It mean OpenOnTick not working now. Thanks in advance.