PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 91

ok, here is v13

Added money management - will calculate lot size, lot increment and profit target.

Default lot size is 0.1% of balance. If MicroAccount=true lot size is decreased by 10 (0.01 instead of 0.1)

Lot increment is default lot size. If calculated lot is 0.02, 2nd lot will be 0.04, 3rd wil be 0.06, 4th will be 0.08 and so on.

Reworked CCI to be effective trigger - will trigger based on +/- level

Replaced DPO with TMA - triple moving average - a little better

Changed max loss to trigger based on account percent.

Reverted trade direction back to default to avoid confusion.

This is a back test for year 2008

StrategyTestReport

As you can see, LossManagement is turned off and max drawdown is 19.61% while profit is over 50% on 3 moths.

Using a lower spacing and disabling CCI will increase both profit rate and risk.

Please don't ask me what each option do since are already explained inside EA file.

Also I can't provide best settings since those must be find according to your broker, pair traded and personal preferences.

Files:

Sorry and Thank You.

Hi Enforcer,

Sorry I asked for too much. I thought if all the variables and their possible values could be explained once for all, all future questions could be pointed to that post, saving time in the long run.

Thank you very much for V13. Will start backtesting on it. Do I still need i-trend with V13? Are there other indicators I need to download?

Merci beaucoup.

forexjim

Is not about too much or too less, but I see no point in typing again all explanations already made.

Possible values are for MAperiod,CCI_Period and iTrendPeriod:

1,5,15,30,60,240,1440,10080 (timeframe 1 min, 5 min, 1h, etc)

CCI_lenght can be anything, usually 15-60.

If you plan to use i-Trend (better than TMA or prevoius DPO) then yes, you need it.

There are no other external indicators for now.

There is no fixed or best values, each one should find what fit best for pair traded, broker, current period (what is good for February may be worse for March for example)

Thanks Rnforcer for development of pipmaker. I already leave this thread long time ago.

Maybe I should test the EA.

I do what I can when I can...

Not too much time and about skills.. read my sig

Pipmaker v13

Many thanks, Enforcer. Will start testing. -forexjim

Thank you very much Enforcer for your reply.

I 've already started to test the v13 with CCI=true , iTrend=true and Reverse=false but could you please explain how EA compiles iTrend and CCI level of 25. I am not a programmer but i believe that the CCI usage must be from -100 to +100 level and vice versa. When this move confirmed by stochastic respective direction it gives excellent results. I use manually to place trades in that way on live account but you have to be always in front of the screen so i wonder if it is possible to develop this strategy inside the EA code. Thanks a lot for your time

Enforcer:
1. Of course will close them, depends how trend moves.

Is possible to place another orders that will help to close all, if not will close first order(s) that reach profit target, other will be probably closed later when trend change again.

If trend continue in opposite direction will be closed by loss management.

So either way, all orders are closed.

i-trend should be set according to trend type (also reversed option true or false): on a dynamic trend should be set to lower TF, 5, 15 or 30, on a calm trend to 60 or even 240. Of course nothing helps on sudden trend change.

Is recommended to make weekly optimization to find best settings.

You may also combine all indicators, sometimes may be better,

That remain a major problem of this EA, a better method to enter trades.

i-trend seem flexible enough but is not infallible.

This problem is somehow solved by loss management, at least cut loses early.

Placing recovery orders is risky and I do not recommend to use it unless you keep an eye on chart.

2. Profit target seem to be optimum around 8- 12 pips, so yes, if use 0.1 lots then 10 pips mean 10$ profit target.

Enforcer:
Is not about too much or too less, but I see no point in typing again all explanations already made.

Possible values are for MAperiod,CCI_Period and iTrendPeriod:

1,5,15,30,60,240,1440,10080 (timeframe 1 min, 5 min, 1h, etc)

CCI_lenght can be anything, usually 15-60.

If you plan to use i-Trend (better than TMA or prevoius DPO) then yes, you need it.

There are no other external indicators for now.

There is no fixed or best values, each one should find what fit best for pair traded, broker, current period (what is good for February may be worse for March for example)

Hi,

where I can finde these indicators TMA and iTrend?

erdenmensch:
Hi, where I can finde these indicators TMA and iTrend?

TMA is not external indicator.

i-trend is posted here

@zacharakis

You can set CCI to any level you desire

PipmakerV13 default setting on EURGBP

Hi Enforcer,

Below is PipmakerV13 default setting on EURGBP from 080101 to 083028. Big DDs. What variables do you suggest that I change to try to decrease DD? Thanks. -forexjim