MTF CCI Bar Indicators - page 4

Hi,

Thanks CJA for all his work,seriously what he has done has helped us keep things simple. No longer do we need to switch between windows or has tons of indicators on our screen but we will be able to see what's happening on different time frame.

Btw doing the CCI into a horizontal bar as well as showing when the price is above the 34 EMA H/L/M in the bar format is what i am looking for as well.

It would be great if somebody could help out with this as it would surely help make things easier.

matrixebiz:
How do you make CCI into a horizontal bar type indicator? (See pic example)
danny-fx:
Hello cja,

I love your telented work very much and thank you for sharing it.

May I request you for an Indicator, 34 EMA price level in defferent time frame.

Like price is bellow or above the 34 EMA.

This will really help for trades who follows woodies CCI strategy.

Thank you very much in advance

Danny Gomes

Hi cja,

Great tool. Would it be possible to add a Day column to the original format, e.g. 4 hr then Day?

Thank you

How to make CCI_Bars_M#_v2 appear in separate window (below candles)

Hi CJA,

Thank you VERY much for this GRRREAT MTF CCI indicator!

I just downloaded CCI_Bars_M#_v2.ex4. It appears as expected on an MT4 chart when I enter 0 (zero) in the CCI_Window Input tab field. But what value must I use to make this indicator (and multiple versions of it by changing the Multi_num field) appear in a separate (below the candles chart) window? I tried entering 1 in the CCI_Window field, but that resulted in the indicator not appearing ANYWHERE on the chart.

Thanks!

P.S. I would also be interested in your answer to the last post (by ewise, on 01-05-2010), about whether you can (and would kindly) add a Daily (D1) column as the right-most column of this indicator. Thanks.

MTF CCI "wish list"

Dear Brilliant CJA,

If it's possible to add an extern Input tab field that would allow us to enter the currency pair symbol name (e.g., EURUSD for 4-digit brokers/accounts; EURUSDm or EURUSD_FX for 5-digit brokers/accounts), would you be willing to do that for version #s 1 and 2 of your wonderful indicator?

Thank you!

indicator window

eurekafx:
Hi CJA,

Thank you VERY much for this GRRREAT MTF CCI indicator!

I just downloaded CCI_Bars_M#_v2.ex4. It appears as expected on an MT4 chart when I enter 0 (zero) in the CCI_Window Input tab field. But what value must I use to make this indicator (and multiple versions of it by changing the Multi_num field) appear in a separate (below the candles chart) window? I tried entering 1 in the CCI_Window field, but that resulted in the indicator not appearing ANYWHERE on the chart.

Thanks!

P.S. I would also be interested in your answer to the last post (by ewise, on 01-05-2010), about whether you can (and would kindly) add a Daily (D1) column as the right-most column of this indicator. Thanks.

The reason you could not see the indicator in the main chart window is because you set it to appear in indicator window #1 and if you did not have a separate window indicator loaded it would not show, set the window to #2 to have the CCI appear in the 2nd indicator winow and so on. The magic # just needs to be different for each CCI loaded onto the same chart/window it can be as simple as #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 etc it does not have to be 12345678 just different. Here is a Blank indicator window if you would prefer to load it on the chart instead of another indicator window to load the multipal CCI into.

mt_window.mq4

Files:
mt_window.mq4  2 kb

Making MTF CCI v2 appear in separate chart window

Hi CJA,

Thanks for replying.

My chart already has an indicator in "window 1" so I'm entering 2 in the MTF CCI v2's CCI_Window Input tab field. But it still isn't appearing in a separate chart window. And it doesn't appear if I enter 3 in the MTF CCI v2's CCI_Window Input tab field either. Do I have to also change the values in the Shift_UP_DN and/or Shift_Left_Right input fields?

Thanks.

????

eurekafx:
Hi CJA,

Thanks for replying.

My chart already has an indicator in "window 1" so I'm entering 2 in the MTF CCI v2's CCI_Window Input tab field. But it still isn't appearing in a separate chart window. And it doesn't appear if I enter 3 in the MTF CCI v2's CCI_Window Input tab field either. Do I have to also change the values in the Shift_UP_DN and/or Shift_Left_Right input fields?

Thanks.

I suggest you resd the instructions a little more carefully that i posted in the previous post.

#1 The CCI indicator does not i repeat DOES NOT have its own separate window

#2 If you put the #1 in the in the CCI window input tab then the CCI indicator will appear in the 1st indicator window below the main chart it does not matter what that indicator is the CCI MTF just uses that window.

#3 If you put the #2 into the CCI Window input tab then the CCI indicator will appear in the 2nd indicator window below the main chart.

#4 To load several CCI MTF indicators into the same separate window you must give each a different magic number and use the shift tabs.

I hope this makes things a little clearer.

Eureka!

I appreciate your patience, CJA, while I've stumbled along getting this indicator to work correctly. The problem has been USER malfunctions, certainly not your great indicator!

I was finally able to add several of the MTF CCI v2 indicators on a chart, in "Indicator window 1" but only after I already had one OTHER indicator in Indicator window 1. (I put in a "regular" CCI and made the indi line invisible by making it Black.) When I deleted that regular CCI indi, all the MTF CCI v2 indicators vanished, but they still were in the list of Indicators, as if they were on the main chart window.

Sorry to have made such a big deal about this but the graphic in Badguy's July 27, 2008 post#18 in this thread doesn't show any other indicator(s) in chart window #1.

Thanks again.

Separate window

eurekafx:
I appreciate your patience, CJA, while I've stumbled along getting this indicator to work correctly. The problem has been USER malfunctions, certainly not your great indicator!

I was finally able to add several of the MTF CCI v2 indicators on a chart, in "Indicator window 1" but only after I already had one OTHER indicator in Indicator window 1. (I put in a "regular" CCI and made the indi line invisible by making it Black.) When I deleted that regular CCI indi, all the MTF CCI v2 indicators vanished, but they still were in the list of Indicators, as if they were on the main chart window.

Sorry to have made such a big deal about this but the graphic in Badguy's July 27, 2008 post#18 in this thread doesn't show any other indicator(s) in chart window #1.

Thanks again.

Its not a big deal, look at the screenshot example you posted and you will see he has loaded the CCI indicators into an indicator window called Blank Window, Yes the indicators will still show in the list of indicators and you will also be getting warnings in the logs saying that the CCI cannot find the window so don't leave them running like that unless you want huge log files. As i said earlier you can load the CCI into an existing indicator window with another indicator or if you want the same result as the screenshot example you supplied load the MT Window indicator i posted and load the CCI indicators into that, its quite simple really.

MTF CCI version 3 ?

Hi CJA,

I'd like to suggest a version #3 of your MTF CCI indicator. (If what I'm suggesting is too time-consuming and/or difficult or impossible, I apologize. It's just that I have no experience programming any MT4 indicators.)

Version #3 would allow the user to enter 1 timeframe and up to 6 different CCI periods. The attached .jpg file is an example of how it would look.

Thank you!

Files: