Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 74

So if I delete the 2 sub folders in the examples folder (PanelDialog and SimplePanel) this may help?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

As a separate question, is it possible to get the 'zones' background on this indicator? I believe it is a MLaden indicator but I am not sure.

It would be helpful, as the indicator is reliable, to get the chart background to change to Pink/PaleGreen where the K crosses the D line currently being shown as arrows.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
As a separate question, is it possible to get the 'zones' background on this indicator? I believe it is a MLaden indicator but I am not sure.

It would be helpful, as the indicator is reliable, to get the chart background to change to Pink/PaleGreen where the K crosses the D line currently being shown as arrows.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Here is a version in which you can chose if the coloring will happen on levels cross or on signal line cross : stochastic_zones_2.02_nmc.mq4

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Hi Pierre,

Attached the indi you need.

TEAMTRADER

Files:

Adaptable stochastic Rsi by Alexander Gettinger

adaptable_stochrsi.mq4

Is it possible to make an on-chart version of this specific color stochastic indicator?

I already have a 'stochasticsonchart' indicator but it does jump around in live trading, but this MLaden attached version is very reliable and gives control over the OB/OS colours and sizes etc, which would be very useful on screen.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Files:

Another way around my problem of a stochs on screen is to check the code of the attached to ensure the stochs remain on screen (rather than disappear off the screen at top or botton) and then adapt this indicator to give a separate colour to the overbought/sold areas.

Is this something that can be done easier?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Files:

TEAMTRADER:
Another way around my problem of a stochs on screen is to check the code of the attached to ensure the stochs remain on screen (rather than disappear off the screen at top or botton) and then adapt this indicator to give a separate colour to the overbought/sold areas.

Is this something that can be done easier?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

The thing is that metatrader does not scale the chart to fit indicators - it scales the chart to fit prices only. Whatever we do, there will always be cases when indicators values are going to be out of the visible area of the current chart

Thanks again for the information - looking for the impossible is frustrating.

Could the overbought/sold have colours added to that indicator or is this not possible? As long as I know I will have to adapt.

TEAMTRADER

PS

I can't get this indicator (stochs on screen) to work on the Dow index. Is there anything I can change in the code to make it work?