Stochastic Oscillator, the beginning - page 59

Pava:
Can I ask you to make it with SSA?...will be interesting to see it on a chart...

It can be but I think that in that case corridor version is out of the questions. Will try both

Pava:
Can I ask you to make it with SSA?...will be interesting to see it on a chart...

This would be a SSA normalized with flat filter added (it needs the libssa.dll to work)

Is it possible to have an on screen signal where one setting of a stochstics indicator crosses another setting?

Attached are illustations of chart with the combo indicators on the top below the chart and the mq4 file itself.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Files:

Great...Thank you...looking not like regular SSA...interesting...

mladen:
This would be a SSA normalized with flat filter added (it needs the libssa.dll to work)

Wow...that is something...

mladen:

Mladen...why the smoothness of curves are mostly missing?...now that opens up new opportunities...but technically why is that so?

mladen:

Pava:
Mladen...why the smoothness of curves are mostly missing?...now that opens up new opportunities...but technically why is that so?

Because of the criteria of what is a "flat" period. Set the DeviationsTreshold to smaller value and the smooth parts are going to reappear (depending n the criteria of course). See this example : DeviationsTreshold set to 0.004 (it will largely depend on symbol and time frame too)

Files:
ssa_flat.gif  68 kb

Cool...thanks...

mladen:
Because of the criteria of what is a "flat" period. Set the DeviationsTreshold to smaller value and the smooth parts are going to reappear (depending n the criteria of course). See this example : DeviationsTreshold set to 0.004 (it will largely depend on symbol and time frame too)

How long do you think it will take until "SSA normalized with flat.mq4 " will be available on E-Bay for $120, renamed as "The Final! FOREX Indicator"???

I think the Best way to apply SSA Flat to trading is...to keep in mind this: "To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction; or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.

- Newton's Third Law of Motion, translated from the Principia's Latin"

To simplify:...to wait for the first breakaway wave...and to enter as SSA turns in opposite direction...my 2 cents...