New EA based on the !xMeter - page 10

correlations

FerruFx:
Hi SIMBA,

Here's the 'filtered' version (only EURUSD).

The filter as i understand it (my english is not so good!) and as i set it:

If EUR <= LowLevel AND GBP+CHF <= predefined Level then Short

If EUR >= HighLevel AND GBP+CHF >= predefined Level then Long

Hope we start to go on the right way!

FerruFx

Thanks,I have downloaded it and will check how it goes

Regards

Hi Everyone,

How are you guys and EA going?

I just back from my vacation. Hope I can catch up the status.

I am thinking of combine the Normal and Reverse version together to form a entrance and exit strategy.

let's say the indicator reflecting current trend in the following types

1. Neutral ( 4 and 4 or 3 and 3)

2. Slightly unBalance (6 and 3)

3. UnBalance (e.g: 7 and 2)

4. Extreme unbalance (e.g.: 9 and 1)

Depends on the the life cycle, and trend, decide Long or short position and exit strategy.

FerruFx, would you send me the latest version to work with?

goldenchau:
FerruFx, would you send me the latest version to work with?

Hi goldenchau,

I just update the post #1.

I started last friday 2 forward tests for normal and reverse EA. Right now, the reverse version seems to be more accurate. Wait and see!

FerruFx

FerruFx:
Hi goldenchau,

I just update the post #1.

I started last friday 2 forward tests for normal and reverse EA. Right now, the reverse version seems to be more accurate. Wait and see!

FerruFx

I feel for using 8, 2 in reverse EA. get more profit on 20/20

salohang:
I feel for using 8, 2 in reverse EA. get more profit on 20/20

If you test it, don't hesitate to post results here.

Right now, i test the 2 EAs with 10 pairs, 7/2 and 20/20.

FerruFx

fx4_ever,

You have to update your datas for backtesting. Between jan 2006 and may 2007, almost 10 months are missing.

hI:

4 month is missing.. from End of Dec 2006 till end of April 2007.

I update the historical data downloaded from Alpari and still not coverting correctly. I am still trying to get the most of historical data, so that I can do more testing.

I found this thread last night and trying to catch up all the posting still.

I will put more stuff here often as I do more testing (backtesting and forward testing)

Also, Your single one has the trailing optons, but on your multi-pair norm EA, and reverse EA, I don't see Trailing Stop options on both.

Is it possible to add that in please?

Thanks,

FerruFx:
fx4_ever, You have to update your datas for backtesting. Between jan 2006 and may 2007, almost 10 months are missing.

fx4_ever:
4 month is missing.. from End of Dec 2006 till end of April 2007.

Look at 2006 and you will see some months missing too.

fx4_ever:
Also, Your single one has the trailing optons, but on your multi-pair norm EA, and reverse EA, I don't see Trailing Stop options on both. Is it possible to add that in please?

Yes, i'll add it in the next version.

Hi:

I am so glad to found this thread. I always hoping there is an EA based on Currency Meter and my prayers has been answered!

In the past few years, I've used "FoxGrail/Currency Meter spreadsheet" for my trading and quite successful. In my live trading, I don't use small SL, I used SL far away from the current price. Since I am entering the trade at opposite end of the strength on 2 currencies, I found it more profitable if I don't set SL. But, trading without no SL is not a good idea, so I put something like 100 pips. If trading doesn't produce 20 pip+ targets that I set out initially, then, I have a plenty of time of close the trade without letting it hit my high SL settings.

I know backtesting is not same as forward testing, but here is just couple of my backtesting on EUR/USD. (1 with Fixed lot and the other with money Management lot.)

FerruFx, is there way to make your latest multi currency version to back testable EA? The reason is, if I can backtest, I can find the most optimal settings for EA currencies. As you all know, EUR moves differently then AUD, etc..

Thanks for making this EA.

I can't wait until the market opens.

Edit: FerruFx point out that I am missing some data on my backtesting.

The end of 2006 till April 2007 is missing from the test. Checked my historical data and all data is there, but when I run backtest, somehow, it is skipping. Just FYI..

FerruFx:
If you test it, don't hesitate to post results here.

Right now, i test the 2 EAs with 10 pairs, 7/2 and 20/20.

FerruFx
Files:
ixmax-bt1.htm  210 kb
ixmax-bt2.htm  210 kb

Thank you,

I am downloading data again.

And thanks for the reply on trailing stop options!

FerruFx:
Look at 2006 and you will see some months missing too. Yes, i'll add it in the next version.