MA cross/Price cross MA EA - page 2

mrtools,

thanks a lot. Looks great. No idea what some of the settings are - is there setting explanation somewhere?

And if it is your EA - is there way to add number of open trades and distance in pips from the trigger bar for the actual trade to open (check this post for visual explanation, please)?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181882

Dear MrTools

Can you tell me if the time filter refers to GMT or Broker time?

Thanks

sachin_syd:
Dear MrTools

Can you tell me if the time filter refers to GMT or Broker time?

Thanks

Hello Sachin_syd, the time filter is referring to broker time.

Thanks MrTools.. Also wondering if you can add 2 more moving averages (with type and mode settings) so that buy is generated when price bar closes above all three and vice versa. An option to get a simultaneous exit and reverse trade similar to Universal EA will be pretty good.

I have done a visual testing on few pairs on H1 it works good. See image attached. :-) Will appreciate your assistance as always. Hope this will work well for other users too. Many Thansks

Files:
usdchfh1.png  53 kb

sachin_syd:
Thanks MrTools.. Also wondering if you can add 2 more moving averages (with type and mode settings) so that buy is generated when price bar closes above all three and vice versa. An option to get a simultaneous exit and reverse trade similar to Universal EA will be pretty good. I have done a visual testing on few pairs on H1 it works good. See image attached. :-) Will appreciate your assistance as always. Hope this will work well for other users too. Many Thansks

Sachin_syd, sounds like a plan, will try and have it done before the market opens tomorrow.

mrtools:
Sachin_syd, sounds like a plan, will try and have it done before the market opens tomorrow.

Added the 2 other Ma's the close on trend change if true(default setting) the order will close and reverse, for what its worth did a 6 month optimization and the default settings although kinda strange are what I came up with on hourly EURUSD.

nice one very wonderful

mrtools:
Added the 2 other Ma's the close on trend change if true(default setting) the order will close and reverse, for what its worth did a 6 month optimization and the default settings although kinda strange are what I came up with on hourly EURUSD.

Thanks heaps! I will test it and get back to you.. i noticed though u have three ma as slow mid and fast. I hope u didnt put the buy sell based on ma cross but based on price crossing the upper band or lower band (and simultaneous exit). Please advice.

Mrtools in this chart the ea should have closed the long trade and opened a short trade but it didnt? Please look into the ea settings. Thanks

Files:
usdchfh1_1.png  55 kb

Dear MrTools, On this chart u will notice that the ea didnt close the short trade to go long and then again go short and long as it should. Please advice. Many Thanks

Files:
eurusdm15_3.png  47 kb