The River Wild - page 2

The Video

I hope this video helps everyone see the beauty of this trade. If you are like me it is always easier to learn when I can view it as a video.

http://www.divshare.com/download/511162-a5c

PowerTrader:
I hope this video helps everyone see the beauty of this trade. If you are like me it is always easier to learn when I can view it as a video. http://www.divshare.com/download/511162-a5c

Thanks a lot for the effort, and thanks for sharing

Why 240SMA? Why not 320, or something else?

The reason I ask is that I have backtested an identical system months ago using 5 years of data for testing. There are great breaks away from an average but there are also a lot of bounces around the line some months.

In my opionion the moving avereage number just does not matter, what matters is the larger the avereage then fewer, more profitable trades and less bad trades, the time of day and the daily range that has been exceeded by the pair for the day prior to entry.

What I see

Markj:
Why 240SMA? Why not 320, or something else?

The reason I ask is that I have backtested an identical system months ago using 5 years of data for testing. There are great breaks away from an average but there are also a lot of bounces around the line some months.

In my opionion the moving avereage number just does not matter, what matters is the larger the avereage then fewer, more profitable trades and less bad trades, the time of day and the daily range that has been exceeded by the pair for the day prior to entry.

Markj,

You are correct, you could use the 320 or other numbers too and there are still very positive trades, but! By using 320 you will find youself in less trades and ultimately less pips. Another thing which happens with a higher SMA envelope is price will come back towards the envelope but fall well short. Mark, I have tested this thing frontwards, backwards, and all over and I am convinced that the numbers I have chosen work well. I will conceed that you could pick another level near my 240 and have great results. I invite all to test this and make it your own.

PT

what is the function for MA 50?

amenlo9:
download speed very slow and the connection has been closed if cannot finish download within 30 min.anybody able to finish download?

I have tried to download it about ... 3 times probably. However, after 30-50%, the connection stop, then I couldn't continue the download

Anyway, nice strategy ProwerTrader! Cool!!! I put it on 15min chart instead, and it's still good

Cheers,

download speed very slow and the connection has been closed if cannot finish download within 1 hour.anybody able to finish download?

wibitiens:
I have tried to download it about ... 3 times probably. However, after 30-50%, the connection stop, then I couldn't continue the download

Anyway, nice strategy ProwerTrader! Cool!!! I put it on 15min chart instead, and it's still good

Cheers,

yes.the connection from server will closed after 1 hour or so.unless u can finish download within 1 hour .

amenlo9:
yes.the connection from server will closed after 1 hour or so.unless u can finish download within 1 hour .

Although I understand how to trade riverwild from PT explanation ... I am still curious to be able to watch the video file

Power Trader, do you have another link of the video file so that we can download it better? Thanks in advance

Best,

wibitiens:

Cheers,

Look here for 15m river

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176576