**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 20

I'm not THAT good, yet!

fxd01:
Coolhand,

That was really a good one. Can you please tell us if you used an indicator to determine the pivot/support/resistance levels? If yes, can you please post the indicator or how you calculated these levels?

Thanks a lot.

Hey fxd01, I use an indicator for the pivots. I have been studying the use of pivots for some time and am amazed at their accuracy. Combined with this ha candle method has shown to be a killer combination. Not 100% mind you, but very close. You don't even need to be at the computer all day. I just place 2 trades with the pivots as my tp and check when I get a chance. Check my usd/chf trade on Friday, just look at the price action.

Files:

fxd01:
Coolhand,

That was really a good one. Can you please tell us if you used an indicator to determine the pivot/support/resistance levels? If yes, can you please post the indicator or how you calculated these levels?

Thanks a lot.

Check these joints out.

Both update every 24 hrs. No good on Monday because of the half day on Sunday. Once Tues. rolls around, they're good tho. One is Fib's and the other's camarilla/pivots.

Feedback welcomed.

Files:

Coolhand are you using the server time as your pivots, or are you shifting to your local CST time? I saw you mentioned 5pm Central US time (where I am too) - but wasn't sure if that is what you were basing your pivots on....or GMT....or server time...etc

Thanks.

Pivots

tracej:
Coolhand are you using the server time as your pivots, or are you shifting to your local CST time? I saw you mentioned 5pm Central US time (where I am too) - but wasn't sure if that is what you were basing your pivots on....or GMT....or server time...etc Thanks.

Hey tracej, the indicator works off the platform time, it's not adjustable. I found that at FXDD, their 00:00 time is 5pm my time. That could change in the future if they go to dst, but right now I'm not sure. I do know the indicator bases it's calc off the previous days movement. By the way, here's my cable chart.

Files:
cablehas1.gif  18 kb

And another chart

Here's my yen chart just for laughs! The price did go past the lower support but who cares? Notice the price confluence around the pivot lines. If I was on the ball, I could have gone long on the reversal and taken pips at the r1 line but, I am also working a fulltime job so I'll take what I can get while the gettin' is good!

Files:
jpyhas1.gif  16 kb

coolhand:
Hey fxd01, I use an indicator for the pivots. I have been studying the use of pivots for some time and am amazed at their accuracy. Combined with this ha candle method has shown to be a killer combination. Not 100% mind you, but very close. You don't even need to be at the computer all day. I just place 2 trades with the pivots as my tp and check when I get a chance. Check my usd/chf trade on Friday, just look at the price action.

Can you please tell me what setting you are using to display your charts?There beautiful.......

It's very easy!

steinitz:
Can you please tell me what setting you are using to display your charts?There beautiful.......

Hey Steinitz. Great thread! All you have to do is get the chart the way you want it, go to file and choose save as a picture, save it as an active chart, then give it a name and it will save the screen into your templates directory, then upload the file to your post. This is an awesome indicator package dude!

coolhand:

coolhand, thanks for the indicator and the explanation.

coolhand:
Hey Steinitz. Great thread! All you have to do is get the chart the way you want it, go to file and choose save as a picture, save it as an active chart, then give it a name and it will save the screen into your templates directory, then upload the file to your post. This is an awesome indicator package dude!

O yeah that is really nice. Thanks for the help coolhand!

Major Annoucement **Alert** Available to Members

I have an alert that was programmed awhile back that will pop-up and sound up to two simultaneous sounds overlapped to get your attention. You just need to set the values both as "true" inside the indicator. It's self explanatory.

The alert will announce upon a color change on the MT4 TF setting (lower MTF TF) If platform is set to 30M that will be the TF you will receive an alert on.

At first I didn't want an alert on a non closing HAS candle. But upon further contemplating of my naval I figured this is better. Here is why:

1. Let's say you are long based on all upper TF's.

2. Ok so you drill down to the 4hr and find a reversal

3. You drill down one TF lower to the 1hr and you want to get in on the 1st blue candle.

4. Set your alert and when the candle on the hr is forming (unstable and not closed yet) you will get your alert at the first instance of a blue candle. If this candle goes back red you will get another alert. If it goes back blue another alert. This if course will happen as the candle is accumulating 1 hours worth of price movement.

5. This is ok and maybe preferable since we want are ass woke up out of bed. I have no problems with the first hint of blue since I just want to get in at some decent sign of reversal. Why wait for a whole 1 hour passing to seek a closed candle.

6. This alert may go back and forth alerting us as the candle goes from red to blue and possibly back to red hence a nice alarm clock. I know this is how it worked with the pop-ups. I am not sure about the sounds but I am almost sure it works the same way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be sending this alert to all me members right through your email. Please say thanks to CJAfor his work as he deserves all the credit!