Phoenix 6 - Development, Download, Bugs - See Post#1 - page 8

These are my thoughts after months of watching Phoenix in action: Phoenix seems to be able to pick the tops and bottoms very well. Be it the entry point, SL, or TP, they're often placed very close to the the peeks and valleys. The problem is that Phoenix is often confused and picks the wrong direction. Therefore, the trades often hit the SL instead of TP. I think we should focus our attention on the directional issue next.

hhsmoney:
These are my thoughts after months of watching Phoenix in action: Phoenix seems to be able to pick the tops and bottoms very well. Be it the entry point, SL, or TP, they're often placed very close to the the peeks and valleys. The problem is that Phoenix is often confused and picks the wrong direction. Therefore, the trades often hit the SL instead of TP. I think we should focus our attention on the directional issue next.

My suggestion. Why not we use RSI as a control.

If ALL (current) pheonix criteria meet AND RSI(14) <40 then BUY or

If ALL (current) pheonix criteria meet AND RSI(14) >60 then SELL.

aauzir, thanks for the suggestion!

What do you guys think?

aauzir:
My suggestion. Why not we use RSI as a control.

If ALL (current) pheonix criteria meet AND RSI(14) <40 then BUY or

If ALL (current) pheonix criteria meet AND RSI(14) >60 then SELL.

But what RSI timeframe?

Could use a RSI timeframe greater than the 15min.

Since Phoenix is countertrend insuring that the 1hr 5 period RSI is >50 for short entries and <50 for long entries could insure the right countertrend direction.

The XO method uses this.

mtf_rsi_1.mq4

Files:
mtf_rsi_1.mq4  4 kb

RSI is already included as a signal, we just need people to optimize for it. I'm doing some optimizations now, I will try to include RSI as well and see if I get good results.

The USDCHF settings i posted previously seemed to expire after 2 weeks. The USDCHF settings I just posted will be watched carefully. GBPUSD seems to have expired. Settings thread has current settings.

I tinkered with the ATR code from P6B5. No other changes were made. Phoenix 6 is released in the main thread, here is another copy. Settings file included here for convenience, also exists in the settings thread.

Released settings use signal 1,4,6 with filter 1,2.

Files:

daraknor:
I tinkered with the ATR code from P6B5. No other changes were made. Phoenix 6 is released in the main thread, here is another copy. Settings file included here for convenience, also exists in the settings thread. Released settings use signal 1,4,6 with filter 1,2.

Thank you again ! I will forward and back test and try to come up with better settings to share. So, join in and share your results !

P6B5 was working fine on $/CHF. I started trading $/JPY and now get this message repeatedly.

"2007.08.02 05:32:53 Phoenix6 Simple Beta5 USDJPY,M30: invalid lots amount for OrderSend function"

I've dbbl checked my settings, tried reducing lot size by moving the decimal place over. Any ideas? I know its something obvious that I've overlooked. Perhaps another set of eyes on the problem would help. Heres the settings.

C_TradeManage====== Trade Management Settings =====

P_ConsecSignals=10

U_Trade_CURRENCY=USDJPY

U_Trade_Per=M30

StaticTP=42

StaticSL=84

C_Function_Y======= Lotsize Money Management =====

U_Lots=1.00000000

U_MaxLot=90.00000000

U_MoneyManage=1

U_MaxRisk=0.10000000

C_Function_X1======= Exit Management =====

E_ExitStaticTSOn=0

E_ExitParaTSOn=0

StaticTS=5

E_DelayTS=38

E_BE_SL=0

E_BE_Profit=8

C_SignalA======= Signals Enabled =================

P_EntrySignal1On=1

P_EntrySignal2On=1

P_EntrySignal3On=1

P_EntrySignal4On=1

P_EntrySignal5On=0

P_EntrySignal6On=0

P_EntryFilter1On=0

P_EntryFilter2On=0

P_EntryFilter3On=0

P_EntryFilter4On=0

C_Signal1======= Signal 1 Envelope =================

P_EnvPerc=0.00320000

P_EnvPer=2

C_Signal2======= Signal 2 SMA Difference ===========

P_SMAPer=7

P_SMA2Bars=14

C_Signal3======= Signal 3 OSMA Cross ===============

P_OSMAFast=5

P_OSMASlow=30

P_OSMASignal=2.00000000

C_Signal4======= Signal 4: Price Divergence ========

P_Fast_Per=25

P_Slow_Per=15

P_DVBuySell=0.30000000

P_DVStayOut=2.40000000

C_Signal5_6====== Signal 5 RSI Direction & 6 RSI =====

P_RSI_High=80

P_RSI_Low=20

P_RSI_Per=2

C_Filter1======= Filter 1: BBands Channel Detect =====

F_ATRShort=5

F_ATR=0.60000000

C_Filter2======= Filter 2: Allowed Time ==========

F_AllAt1=0.00000000

F_AllTo1=18.00000000

F_AllAt2=21.00000000

F_AllTo2=24.00000000

F_SunAt=0.00000000

F_SunTo=0.00000000

F_FriAt=0.00000000

F_FriTo=13.00000000

F_MonAt=1.00000000

F_MonTo=18.00000000

C_Filter3_4======= Filter 3&4 Trend ===============

U_TrendPer=30

U_TrendShift=5

P_TrendStr=30.00000000

C_SystemChange======= System Changes =================

U_WriteLog=0

U_WriteDebug=0

U_EAComment=

Thanx,

Dion

Problems with lots

Dion,

My agent is CrownForex (they charge 1pip on majors but have a crapload of rules, the Swiss fellas) and i had a similar problem recently when i did the upgrade. Got an email from them saying lots on metatrade platforms (and all roads lead to Metaquotes Corp) been changed from, say, 1lot to 100000. Basically you're trading amounts now. I recoded my EA and it's back to operating now again. Lemmi know if it solves the issue.

Best

Groovy

Groovy:
Dion,

My agent is CrownForex (they charge 1pip on majors but have a crapload of rules, the Swiss fellas) and i had a similar problem recently when i did the upgrade. Got an email from them saying lots on metatrade platforms (and all roads lead to Metaquotes Corp) been changed from, say, 1lot to 100000. Basically you're trading amounts now. I recoded my EA and it's back to operating now again. Lemmi know if it solves the issue.

Best

Groovy

You should be able to use Phoenix with Crown by manually setting the amount in units to trade without money management, or using money management with a risk figure 100,000 times higher than normal.