Phoenix 6 - Development, Download, Bugs - See Post#1 - page 2

MoveTPonTS is zero in other code versions. It is a user configurable parameter, and I refer to the trailing stops as "tight, delayed and expanding" Use of trailing stops normally decreases the average profit. Use of tight, delayed, expanding TS increases the average profit in 4 EA myself and others have tested it on.

Documentation Phoenix 6 ?

The documentation for P6 is very important, however I am not inclined to create any P6 documentation, until I understand whether there will be preferred setting again like P5. If not what are your thoughts on the prefix for the variable names for the external variables. They are a mix of P_ and U_ at the moment. I would like to have stabilized signals and variable names before documentation starts. I don't want to have too much change going on.

The difference between Chimera and Phoenix is just the entry signals.

What up with TimeCurrent() ?

For Phoenix 6, why does MetaEditor give me compile errors saying TimeCurrent - function is not defined? What do I need to do. For now I am using Time[0].

I won't use Time[0] because it just returns the opening time of the current bar. Feel free to use Time[0] if you like, but I recommend upgrading your version of MT4. What build are you running?

daraknor:
I won't use Time[0] because it just returns the opening time of the current bar. Feel free to use Time[0] if you like, but I recommend upgrading your version of MT4. What build are you running?

I upgraded to 2.03 but, I was using 1.98 MetaEditor, because I have two version installed now. Thanks. I made sure I was using 2.03 MetaEditor and tried again.

testing phoenix to other pair except Usd Jpy

i've been testing phoenix with optimizer,

but it only works on Usd Jpy

and not the others

can u help me with the setting?

If you are using Phoenix6 you need to edit the name of the currency. If you are testing GBPUSD, the settings file would show GBPUSD in the U_Trade_Currency field. I believe the default you're using is USDJPY. I know this is a hassle for optimization, but the settings are actually this specific too :/

Hello everyone

I would like to know:

Is P6 still time sensitive? Meaning do I have to start it Sunday evening and turn it off Saturday, or can I open and close everyday anytime and still get good results?

Both, but the account won't synchronize with other traders if you keep opening and closing it and they don't. There is also the ability to turn it off friday afternoon and back on monday at midnight in the EA

Trailing stops for P6 now have the following options:

Tight - TS can be much closer to current price after waiting.

Delayed - U_DelayTS, number of pips to wait before activating TS

Sliding - U_MoveTPonTS, slides TP up by 1 pip each time. On by default, hidden in simple mode.

Constricting - Not implemented properly, hidden and off. Intended to reduce TS to minimum allowed value over time.

Scalar - Not yet implemented, intended to allow automatic calculation of TS and DelayTS values.

When using Tight, Delayed, Sliding Trailing stops, the average profit increases rather than decreases. Normal Trailing Stops missing any of these properties tend to have lower average profit.

U_BreakEvenSL: if a value other than 0 is set, this many pips will cause the SL to move to the number of pips specified by U_BreakEvenProfit (default 0 means move to break even. A value of 5 means 5 pips profit.) An automatically safe value is chosen for your broker if the values are too close.

Signal 5 is similar to RSI R2 EA, I recommend using this on long term data like Daily if it is used. I added a plain RSI signal as Signal 6 because I like RSI. If normal RSI is used, P_RSI_Period should be between 2 to 20.

Please test and let me know if there are any errors. I'm currently using P6 close to profitable levels, and the use of these trailing stops should make it profitable since the incoming signals are predicted well but missed the TP several times. Please enable TS when testing P6 B3.

I still need some live testing on the Time Filter, which is Filter2. (Off by default)

It seems that the new settings are not trading in a tight channel, but this will require more testing. GBPUSD settings need a separate filter to avoid trading a tight channel and I plan to add it soon.

Thanks for testing!