PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 30

Statement

Here the results.

Very nice Dave.

Best Regards.

NFP ok

I turned off mrs pacman on my life account just in case, but in my demo account mrs pacman did well and took some good trades today on NFP day, even with a 60 pip news move, congratulations on a stable EA david!

Thnaks again for your work

Nice work David.

After doing lots of testing, I've observed as long as currencies are ranging which is most of the time, or right after a strong trend, martingale systems do well. It's when the pair starts into a 2 week up or down trend, that's when one has to watch for blowing an account. Anyway, it looks like a good ranging forecast for the next few weeks. Will post my results when they become available.

I'm using a modified version of Mrspacman. Dave, if you like I can post the ea. or just start own thread.

ericbach:
After doing lots of testing, I've observed as long as currencies are ranging which is most of the time, or right after a strong trend, martingale systems do well. It's when the pair starts into a 2 week up or down trend, that's when one has to watch for blowing an account. Anyway, it looks like a good ranging forecast for the next few weeks. Will post my results when they become available. I'm using a modified version of Mrspacman. Dave, if you like I can post the ea. or just start own thread.

Thanks for asking.

What are the mods? If there good mods but not enough to warrant a name change,or new thread. I can post the mod version on the first page. But I won't call it mspacman_mod"whatever". I'll call it something like mrspacman_extreme. Or something that kinda fits the mod, with out calling it the mod version. If you get what I am saying. Like all the pacmans are mods of the origonal pacman, witch is a mod of bipoler. Just don't want the name "mod" I guess.

But the biggest thing is having it posted on the first page so its easy to find.

thanks

Dave

PacManJr_MultiPair

xxDavidxSxx, here is the code for converting PacManJr to PacManJr_MultiPair.

If you have implementation problems just pass me the PacManJr source code and I'll implement it for you.

Files:

I've seen a lot of examples of these PacMan EAs eventually wiping out accounts. To keep the EA from TOTALLY blowing up an account, you could add a simple feature to close all trades and then disable new ones when the equity drops below a user-defined limit. This way, it'll only be able to SORTA blow up the account.

ryanklefas:
I've seen a lot of examples of these PacMan EAs eventually wiping out accounts. To keep the EA from TOTALLY blowing up an account, you could add a simple feature to close all trades and then disable new ones when the equity drops below a user-defined limit. This way, it'll only be able to SORTA blow up the account.

Would like to add a feature for the expert to automatically close any open positions every Friday at a specific time and reset itself to start over again on Sunday. If anyone has any incites on how to do this would be much appreaciated. I believe this would solve some of the problems of accounts blowing up.

ericbach:
Would like to add a feature for the expert to automatically close any open positions every Friday at a specific time and reset itself to start over again on Sunday. If anyone has any incites on how to do this would be much appreaciated. I believe this would solve some of the problems of accounts blowing up.

Having run this in live account for a few months, I found that would not be a good idea. I have added no trade friday into pacman JR, so it won't place new orders. But will continue to work the open orders. If you close open orders based only on the change of day, it can take huge losses.

Dave

Do you think PacManJr GBP$ is tweaked enough then? or are you still tweaking it with these results your getting? Do you think it's safe not to run on live account? What other currencies move the same as GBP$ to try next weeks tests on?

Here are my results for this week;