PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 25

guernica:
I think is a secure EA. Best Regards.

thats some big time leverage on the account. At least we can see how those $cad buys pan out.

thanks guernica

Dave

A suggestion

I'm not sure if this has already been considered, but here's a suggestion that I thought might make Pacman (and all other 10p3 derived EAs) more effective. From viewing the backtests, I noticed that the EA is able to accumulate a good number of wins, but the only thing that can kill the EA is too many losers because of the continually increasing lotsizes. Couldn't a limit simply be placed on the number of attempts the EA makes to try and win? After a certain number of losses, just quit, because the progressions will become too big and risky. I don't think this would have a very bad impact on overall performance since the EA will usually EVENTUALLY winning its trades.

ryanklefas:
I'm not sure if this has already been considered, but here's a suggestion that I thought might make Pacman (and all other 10p3 derived EAs) more effective. From viewing the backtests, I noticed that the EA is able to accumulate a good number of wins, but the only thing that can kill the EA is too many losers because of the continually increasing lotsizes. Couldn't a limit simply be placed on the number of attempts the EA makes to try and win? After a certain number of losses, just quit, because the progressions will become too big and risky. I don't think this would have a very bad impact on overall performance since the EA will usually EVENTUALLY winning its trades.

MrsPacMan has a feature that you can set to close orders when market momentum shifts. And max trades setting sets the number of max attempts.

I am working on a new version as we speak with individual trailing stop for each order. And progressive pip step. And hedge.

The trailing stop and progressive pip step works great. But the hedge needs alot more.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
MrsPacMan has a feature that you can set to close orders when market momentum shifts. And max trades setting sets the number of max attempts.

I am working on a new version as we speak with individual trailing stop for each order. And progressive pip step. And hedge.

The trailing stop and progressive pip step works great. But the hedge needs alot more.

Dave

hi Dave

great work on new version, specially strategy-hedge.

best regards

giapel

xxDavidxSxx:

Dave

Sounds really excellent. I look forward to seeing it in action.

Thanks

Thanks for your hard work David, Mrs pacman is working really well in my ibfx demo on several pairs. I'm tempted to go live in a weeks time,

thank you again for your hard work and for sharing ,

Cal

invalid ticket for orderclose function

I am trying to do some backtesting and keep getting this error in the journal.

2007.04.25 23:38:56 2007.02.19 20:59 PacMan-CPA-TF EURUSD,H1: invalid ticket for OrderClose function

Anyone else having this problem??

xxDavidxSxx:
I have a correction for this. I'll try to have the files updated by this evening.

Here is something I want everyone to test out. Its in ex file because I don't want 100 different test settings. I need the exact same settings on different brokers/time zones, ect...

You do have the option of changing no trade day, and from conservitive mrspacman signals, or agressive RSI/I_Trend signals, and magic #'s.

run this on gbp$ and $jpy.

Dave

hi, dave

do you use tf = 1h ?

thanks

giapel

Ok, testing now with Velocity FX Trader M30 default settings.

So, If the broker starts on Sunday I should change no trade day to 6, correct? as to not trade on Friday

I saw you were working on Trailing Stop code. I added the trailing stop routines from Phoenix 6 Beta 5. I added one extra parameter, MoveTPonTS just above the long/short info. Use a value of 0 to disable this function.

I suggest it would help in backtesting if there was a simple option to have shortInfo=longInfo and then run a routine inside Init() where all of the variables are copied over. That would reduce the number of tested conditions to a square root their previous value. O(n) becomes O(n^0.5). The Trailing stop code I included has an extra check for long vs short. You can make the code smaller and split it into two parts, but then you will need to have two copies of it instead of a single line in your main code.

If you want to make the same changes to MrPacMan I imagine this is a simple example to doing so. Feel free to rename the file as you see fit, I altered the name for file management. Enjoy!

Files: