PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 21

xxDavidxSxx:
thats great work.

would you really run on those pairs with real money?

My results are very conservitive. Because there on real money.I got about 100 on the 3600 accnt and 50 on the 1300 account. I just started the 1300 one this week. MrsPacMan is running on that one.

Dave

No, I proberly would not use that much risk if this was a real account. This was just a test to determine whats the max risk I could handle with a minimum balance. I am happy with these pairs cause I noticed when some are not producing then the other ones make up for it. If I had a real account I would withdraw the profit once a week and keep my balance the same. The larger the account balance gets, the less risk I will be using.

Dave, thanks for your great work in setting up this thread.

Ted Noogent:
man how this ea gets 5 stars is beyond me. its not a hybrid. its a mutant. this thing got destroyed again this week. usdcad kicked its ass around the block. can you say "margin call"? I knew you could. piece of junk. bleech.

---------------------------------------------

I do not understand why you speak thus against someone that it is to make something of good and interested in progress. My tests are running well and for next week i go edit a statement.

Let the peace be with you.

xxDavidxSxx:
your running on bad pairs like gbp$. I only recomend euro$, $cad (safe) and $chf (slightly more risky) and most all others not recomended.

Any of the gbp pairs can take a 200 pip move w/o retrace.

Dave

I'm never really sure what pairs are the best. What pairs are the best to work with? just the three you mentioned? Is this from years of experience? What are the major pairs with safe moves? I'm going to re-test some EA's and would like to narrow down my pairs. The reason I test with all pair is because I'm new to forex and don't know yet which pairs are the safest to deal with. Anyone can comment on this if they want and let me know the successful pairs. From my experience so far as well, the pairs also depend on what EA your running as well.

Thanks

Ted Noogent:
man how this ea gets 5 stars is beyond me. its not a hybrid. its a mutant. this thing got destroyed again this week. usdcad kicked its ass around the block. can you say "margin call"? I knew you could. piece of junk. bleech.

Hey Ted...what are you? shitbing's girlfriend?

Your the only one here busting accounts.

Once again I say its user error.

Since its such a piece of junk I don't ever expect you to be posting here again. You should move on to another ea thread that you can live with.

If your still testing this ea next week after concluding its a piece of junk then what does that say about you?

can we say definition of insanity?.....Repeting the same thing over and over expecting a different result....I knew you could...LMAO.

Better luck with the next ea buddy

Dave

matrixebiz:
I'm never really sure what pairs are the best. What pairs are the best to work with? just the three you mentioned? Is this from years of experience? What are the major pairs with safe moves? I'm going to re-test some EA's and would like to narrow down my pairs. The reason I test with all pair is because I'm new to forex and don't know yet which pairs are the safest to deal with. Anyone can comment on this if they want and let me know the successful pairs. From my experience so far as well, the pairs also depend on what EA your running as well. Thanks

Yes this is from 2 years traders experiance. The gbp pairs will take frequent 200+ pip moves with out retrace. The pip step might be able to be increased so that it opens its 5th trade at 200 pips. This might accomidate the gbp pairs movement. But gbpjpy can move 300 pips in one day easy.

I had no problems with $cad on 2 accounts. 1 with pacman and one with mrspacman ( both real money). $cad moves like euro$ but not as much. $ chf moves like euro$ but on an exaggerated scale. $jpy is better than gbp$ but can still move 150 pips with out retrace. Same with ausie$.

I know the gbp pairs are appealing because of there volitity. They could make alot of good trades. We need a better safety net for those pairs.

s/l can suddenly get hit back to back a few times in a day and be just like a bust.

I need to figure out a good hedging stradigy.

if (L_OpenOrders == maxtrades)

I need an order send function that will be the sum total lots of the maxtrades open positions. Then it will have a tp of 10. once it hits its tp it hedges again. And repetes this untill the 5 get closed or the winnings off set the neg floating p/l from the 5 open orders. To do this it would have to switch to L_OpenOrders+S_OpenOrders combined equity target. Then once the hedge and 5 losers are closed it goes back to normal operating settings.

any further ideas? Can anyone effictivly write this order send function to work in pacman series?

Dave

Heres pacman from 3 16 07 to today.

Its been a choppy month but still in the black. Remember this is only 2 pairs. max trades were opened 2 times in a month. First time swap got me for some money. The second time I exited on equity target, swap was in my favor.

Dave

Heres this week mrspacman I started it on the 11th.

Dave

Actually I just ran some back tests on gbp$ and gbpjpy. If you use defaults on mrspacman and hedge number to 4 or 5 then it does quite well from december to now.

But still know theres more risk to these pairs.

Dave

File Update

I updated the first post with MrsPacMan signals tweeked and defaults tweeked slightly. Also added MrsPacManUsdChf. The risk and equity target is slightly lower to get us out quicker.

The UsdChf is ok for $jpy too. But I don't trust the rest. The regular MrsPacMan is good on euro$ and $cad.

Dave

wibitiens:

Could you explain further your idea about "time delayed tight trailing stop and limit on the number of cycles"? Thanks very much

Cheers,

The trailing stops I'm programming these days are price delayed. If the TP is 40, then we might wait until 30 to have a trailing stop of 10. Then, I like sliding the TP up when the SL moves up, so the average price will go higher. I keep the TP around in case of disconnects or strange 1 tick spikes. (Keep the brokers a little honest!) PContour also had the idea of making the TS contracting, to the broker limit. Some brokers allow as close as 5 pip SL from current price, why leave the extra pips on the table? Sometimes the strategy makes sense to exit near the peak instead of trying to wait out the countertrend.

So here is my ideal Trailing Stop:

Delayed = wait until X pips in profit

Tight = under 15 pip trailing stop

Contracting = move the SL closer and closer to current price as time goes on

Sliding = move TP up when SL is moved

Even without "Contracting" the average profit is usually higher than TakeProfit each trade, instead of lower as with normal Trailing Stops. Without "Sliding" the average profit *must* be lower than the TakeProfit.