Phoenix 6 Expert vs Simple - page 2

autumnleaves:
I would like to add extra signals from EASY (see Malone EASY document) to Phoenix. When I try to add the Price Action Channel, the result is exclusively sell transactions. Can you suggest why this might be happening? See the code below.

I looked at the code, and it seemed fine. I stuck it into Phoenix 6 using the code below and I noticed that for my settings LowPAC1 was 0, I had only buy signals.

int EntrySignal4()

{

int value=0;

double HighPAC1 = iMA(NULL,0,P_PACPer,P_PACShift,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_HIGH,0);

double LowPAC1 = iMA(NULL,0,P_PACPer,P_PACShift,MODE_SMMA,PRICE_LOW,0);

double haClose1 = (PRICE_OPEN + PRICE_HIGH + PRICE_LOW + PRICE_CLOSE)*(0.25);

if(haClose1 > HighPAC1) value=1;

if(haClose1 < LowPAC1) value=-1;

Debug("Signal4 PAC High:"+HighPAC1+" LowPAC1:"+LowPAC1+" haClose1:"+haClose1);

return(value);

}

I really like the Debug() system. I attached the code I wrote for debugging, I'd love to finish the EASY system in the EA system I provided. Many of the features are actually not designed around Phoenix, but to work with nearly any strategy in a framework of code. When this goes to BETA, you'll see most of those features disappear but this core is good for developing other EA.

Files:

wujun122:
Daraknor,I will forward test Phoenix 6 Alpha.Oh,I saw the code:extern string U_Trade_CURRENCY = "USDCHF".Could I change it to "USDCHFm"?The reason is that now I forward test Phoenix 5.7.2a in a IBFX Demo mini account,and want to test Phoenix 6 in this account.

Please keep in mind this isn't the entire "Phoenix 6" system, this is just a framework for development with the old Phoenix signals mixed in..

Available for testing

I am back from a week at the beach (Phoenix running live in the back ground ) and available for testing. You see, I live in Canada, not on an Island as Bertbin does...

I hope Bertbin will accept to lead the pack and relieve Daraknor from the testing duty !

wujun122:
Daraknor,I will forward test Phoenix 6 Alpha.Oh,I saw the code:extern string U_Trade_CURRENCY = "USDCHF".Could I change it to "USDCHFm"?The reason is that now I forward test Phoenix 5.7.2a in a IBFX Demo mini account,and want to test Phoenix 6 in this account.

It is just a string, you can change it to anything, including GOLD or IBM. The reason I made this string and check is so we know what currency and timeframe settings are created for. If someone wants to use nonstandard timeframe and currency, it probably won't work so we toss up an error. To fix the error, change the settings to your current values. I think I report "current values" to make that easier, but I just woke up. Late night debug sessions kill my sleep schedule. *yawn*

Edit: now that I'm awake, I realized the intent of the question better. Next version (release time later today) should treat USDCHF and USDCHFm the same.

daraknor:

Phoenix in the contest brought many people over to the idea that automated trading could be viable. Phoenix as an experts system is a horrible way to introduce it. Phoenix as a simple system doesn't meet my needs, and I imagine many others as well.

Here is my proposal: fork development into two versions. A simple system has only a single trade, only the most basic common exit strategies, but full signal use. (If nothing else, a fast and lightweight EA useful for signal optimization.) The expert system would use the complete template, but not all possible functions are programmed at release. Settings similar to mode 3 will be available, multiple simultaneous trades, confirmation signals to adjust lot size based on signal data, etc.

I have been thinking of "how do I satisfy as many users as possible?" and I think this is the best way. I'm interested in any and all reactions to this separation. I welcome flames and constructive suggestions.

daraknor

I'm still relatively new to MT4 EAs, though have demoed up to 5 potentially profitable ones in some depth (compared realtime with backtests) for the past 6 months. They were relatively easy to implement, so when I discovered Phoenix I though it would be the same. Hmmm, rather more difficult...

So I heartily endorse your idea and welcome any efforts to make Phoenix more useable to the masses.

Looking forward to Phoenix Simple BETA and many thanks for your wealth of contribution to Phoenix.

JRtrader

daraknor:
I'd be happy to let Bertbin manage the testing process with whomever he likes. The two systems are supposed to be similar between Phoenix 6 Alpha and Phoenix 5.7.0. I made so many minor changes I don't know if they can "synchronize" at all, but I want to know what the answer is if possible. I think a priority to figure out among testers would be why alamanjani can't attach Phoenix to a chart. I'm handing it off to you guys for testing, I'll fix bugs and make different versions of Phoenix rapidly.

Ok Darak

Will need at least 10 "good traders" or volonteers (more are welcome!) to Test P6.

Rules :

Brooker : FXDD stable brooker (why ? We are not testing brooker(s) but Phoenix !)

K : 5000 (around) leverage 100:1

P6 : 24/24 5 trading days/5

Cur USD CHF

TF 15

Detailed reports every 24 hours posted here

Starting : to morrow 12h00 GMT

For this firts week we are NOT testing settings BUT stability of Poenix

Then during 1 week every "incident" as to be immediatly reported here with detailed statement, copy of alerts, copy of journal. If bugs identified reports it immediatly, even i you have a doubt

"Testers" should post here "I am in" no more and start process.

Autumn : you let me know that you have 6 Pc on line to test : go on !

And start back test too as you like on the standard settings of USD CHF

Any questions ?any ideas ? : let me know. I am not chief only acting...

ejlamarque : ok start to morrow 12 GMT

Wujun : same

Mario : same

AZBO : leave a while mother in law.... open new demo account on FFXD and let's go !

For all: leshammond, hhsmoney, gforce, frank, whizzo, jb007, xolosis.....: let's go ! Let's go ! Let's go !

Thanks M6M6 about the nice island I live... But Canada not too bad !!!!Maudit Canadien !!!! (joking !) Well for sure you belong to the group of "top five testers" !

COME GUYS !!!!!! HOLY GRAIL IS NEAR !!!!

But for the moment we have to work....

Phoenix 6 forward testing

Sorry for the misunderstanding Bert. I meant that between myself and two friends, we can test perhaps 5 brokers with 5 installations total. I could put all 5 installations on my own machine if necessary.

But since we are not testing brokers, I put one installation on FXDD, and ask each friend to do the same. Is that OK?

Daraknor: I would like if if you could check Phoenix 6 one final time and put a test version online so we all start with the best available.

Extra code for Phoenix 6

Thanks for the comments Daraknor. The reason that I get sells and not buys with the PAC signal is that I reverse all the Buy/Sell signals in order to convert Phoenix to a trending system.

But I need clarification regarding your conclusion. Is there a bug in this code that limits it to either long or short transactions, or did I miss something somewhere? How can the problem be corrected?

autumnleaves:
Sorry for the misunderstanding Bert. I meant that between myself and two friends, we can test perhaps 5 brokers with 5 installations total. I could put all 5 installations on my own machine if necessary.

But since we are not testing brokers, I put one installation on FXDD, and ask each friend to do the same. Is that OK?

Daraknor: I would like if if you could check Phoenix 6 one final time and put a test version online so we all start with the best available.

No problem Autunm !

Ok go on with FXDD and start test on P6.

Hi,Daraknor!Should I both test Phoenix6 ALPHA.mq4 (in the post #2) and Phoenix6 alpha easy.mq4 (in the post #13) or choose one?