Martingale....The Holy Grail or Are We Chasing A Myth? - page 3

Good job David! Martingale systems with the right contorls are great, but the trick is to find that control.

By the way, the reason I posted that percent figure was to let Aegis know that he owes me money for developing an EA based on the specs he provided me. I busted my behind to get it done and now he has stopped answering my emails and have not paid me even when he promised me in his email that he will send me a partial payment as agreed. I am just pissed at him for not keeping his word. $600 is not a big amount, but I think a person's words is worth more than that.

Maji:
Good job David! Martingale systems with the right contorls are great, but the trick is to find that control. By the way, the reason I posted that percent figure was to let Aegis know that he owes me money for developing an EA based on the specs he provided me. I busted my behind to get it done and now he has stopped answering my emails and have not paid me even when he promised me in his email that he will send me a partial payment as agreed. I am just pissed at him for not keeping his word. $600 is not a big amount, but I think a person's words is worth more than that.

WOW! You're expansive...:p sorry I bother lots of your time, I'm not sure whether I can afford. LOL... just kidding mate. Cheers.

Regards,

David

davidke20:
WOW! You're expansive...:p sorry I bother lots of your time, I'm not sure whether I can afford. LOL... just kidding mate. Cheers.

Regards,

David

Unless we have an agreement that you will pay for my time, then it is okay

Good luck.

Maji:
Unless we have an agreement that you will pay for my time, then it is okay Good luck.

David,

I have one correction, I checked my trades and it made 10%+.

Account opened on 2/26/07 with $5k and now the balance is $5580. Not bad

What is disheartening is to see respected members acting like deadbeats.

Maji:
David,

I have one correction, I checked my trades and it made 10%+.

Account opened on 2/26/07 with $5k and now the balance is $5580. Not bad

What is disheartening is to see respected members acting like deadbeats.

In this case, I think suppose to be the entry rule for the EA is quite strict aike. I've try to do that to Martingale EA, later only I figure out I made a fucking mistake. The EA making 20~30pips everytime with 0.01lot, until 1 time it hit the wrong entry, it scaled down to 10.24lot, then exploded! LOL LOL LOL still, better scale down and invert the entry rule to make it work. LOL. Meanwhile, V12 is still going strong.

Regards,

David

davidke20:
In this case, I think suppose to be the entry rule for the EA is quite strict aike. I've try to do that to Martingale EA, later only I figure out I made a fucking mistake. The EA making 20~30pips everytime with 0.01lot, until 1 time it hit the wrong entry, it scaled down to 10.24lot, then exploded! LOL LOL LOL still, better scale down and invert the entry rule to make it work. LOL. Meanwhile, V12 is still going strong.

Regards,

David

Let me first say that I can't disclose the system I'm referring to, so slam me for that blah, blah, blah...

...just get it out of the way and then readand then consider what I am going to say.

The reason I quoted davidke's message is that I think he's hit on something here whether he meant to or not... "invert the entry rule." You see... why always martingale AGAINST the trend? Eventually that trend will come along and wipe it's ass with your account Why not instead, find creative ways to martingale WITH the trend?

This is the time to think outside of the box, outside of the confines of what you know a typical MG system is. Therein lies the secret to dealing with the trend.

Food for thought...

techinvest:
Let me first say that I can't disclose the system I'm referring to, so slam me for that blah, blah, blah...

...just get it out of the way and then readand then consider what I am going to say.

The reason I quoted davidke's message is that I think he's hit on something here whether he meant to or not... "invert the entry rule." You see... why always martingale AGAINST the trend? Eventually that trend will come along and wipe it's ass with your account Why not instead, find creative ways to martingale WITH the trend?

This is the time to think outside of the box, outside of the confines of what you know a typical MG system is. Therein lies the secret to dealing with the trend.

Food for thought...

well said!!!!

techinvest:

Food for thought...

Threads like this should be allowed to expire with dignity...

But enough of the sarcasm - the reason that most are against the trend is that markets range 70-80% of the time, so with a stat. like that it pays to heed it. From backtesting martingalers, I find that anti-trenders always fare better. Also, what makes no sense (imo) is trying to martingale with account sizes of a few hundres dollars (with anti-trenders anyway) as these are based on the principle of drawdown to begin with - so if I was to set an absolute minimium, it would be $5,000, though much better if $10,000. It should be stating the obvious, but the reason that most martingalers fail is for lack of money, not that martingaling 'doesn't work'...

To the Nay-sayers, below is a pic. of what my latest tinkering with martingaling has achieved. I find that USDJPY is the best pair for martingaling, both on back and forward-testing. There are still account blow-ups (on backtest) but things seem to be improving, and most of the last-year volatility pick-up is now survivable...

Files:

Over 37000 trades in your backtest. How long is the period for your backtest, 2 years?