Could someone edit the attached excel sheet to work with metatrader

DDE server.

The sheet logs prices at specific times

toddanderson:
Could someone edit the attached excel sheet to work with metatrader

DDE server.

The sheet logs prices at specific times

Hi Todd,

From what I can tell you can't get the CLOSE and OPEN, as well as Historic data directly through the MT4 to Excel connection.

What you need to do is install the MT4 Data Export Indicator and apply it to each chart. If you want more than one time frame then you'll have to add it to whatever the pair is for each timeframe.

The one I'm using is here: Search the forum for "Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) " and go to page 4.

/tools-utilities/4457-working-excel-tools-indicators-conversion-4.html

Look for the member Foreverold , the indicator is called MT4Data.mq4. That file creates *.prn files. I changed the code to "csv" so it writes csv files that excel recognizes, ie "EURUSD60.csv".

//name_file = Symbol()+ Period()+ ".prn";

name_file = Symbol()+ Period()+ ".csv";

The MT4Data indicator will save the files in to your MT4ProgramName \ experts \ files \ folder, so open up those files in excel. After loading it in to excel it will automatically update when a new candle is drawn in MT4 (realtime).

At this point you will now have OHLC and Volume data for the asset and time frame.

The rest is learning how to program in Excel to create whatever it is you want to do.

You might get a better idea by watching the video (link) that is found on this page:

Search Google for "Export MT4 Real Time Streaming Data to Excel"

As I can't post a link or attach the indicator.

I'm not an expert and I may have got something incorrect.

can you improve this excel indicator!!

good day to all,

I have a request regarding on this indicator, anyone can improve this excel indicator that measure the strengths of 8 major currency (aud, cad, chf, eur, gbp, jpy, nzd & usd) by a CALCULATING THE STRENGTH OF UNDERLYING CURRENCIES BY DOWNLOADING AND USING TICK DATA FROM ALL 28 MAJOR CURRENCY PAIRS (ACa, ACh, AJ, AN, AU, CaCh, CaJ, ChJ, EA, ECa, ECh, EG, EJ, EN, EU, GA, GCa, GCh, GJ, GN, GU, NCa, NCh, NJ, NU, UCa, UCh, & UJ).

this is the link of excel indicator>>

Forex Factory - View Single Post - Forexgrail excel indicator

Hope you can to this for me and the help of others traders!

Thanks!

I am using Excel 2010 on Win 7 x64, "enable dde server" is on.

When I enter =MT4|BID!EURUSD I get "The formula you typed contains an error".

When I try to open DDE-Sample.xls the excel hangs up.

I have been searching to find a solution to the hanging problembut have been unsuccessful. When I choose to update the links it just freezes up and hangs. If anyone has had this problem and found a way to fix it I would love to hear about it.

Thanks

Basically something is wrong on my pc, as I tried it on my laptop it all works perfect there... not sure what it can be, will try a few things out.

Hanging

fxpirate:

I have been searching to find a solution to the hanging problem but have been unsuccessful. When I choose to update the links it just freezes up and hangs. If anyone has had this problem and found a way to fix it I would love to hear about it.

Thanks

I had this problem a while back on Win7 x64 Excel 2010.

Are you using Chrome?

I was and it caused a problem with DDE imports, try shutting it down and see if that makes a difference.

I removed Chrome and have not had a problem since, I think this is a known error.

Metatrader DDE and programming documentation?

I want to know if there is some documentation about programming with Dynamic Data Exchange. I'm writting a program in VB and I prefer to work directly with the forex server rather than using metatrader and DDE to contact with the server.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

fxpirate:

I have been searching to find a solution to the hanging problembut have been unsuccessful. When I choose to update the links it just freezes up and hangs. If anyone has had this problem and found a way to fix it I would love to hear about it.

Thanks

Hi, I was able to make it work running the LibreOffice Calc (LibreOffice) instead of MS Excel.

Files:
dde-sample.png  91 kb

Thanks

Thanks for providing the file link, looking a while for this!

hi - I have 2 questions:

1) Can I export Closing price for the hourly candles

2) Can I export last 10 cabdles via DDE?