TrendMeLeaveMe - page 9

Help

Hi all, of the 20+ EA's I've tested, this one seems to defy logic. I am trying to backtest it and it seems hopeless. I read an earlier post on backtesting, but using that method( HL LL) it still did not backtest properly, no trades were taken.

There seems to be a sad lack of useful help here. Bits and pieces, here and there, but not one cohesive body of information to really help. I am not a mind reader, and I have no idea of what Wadda had in mind . Seems I get more confused the more I read. Normally I would blame myself, but having tackled the toughest EA's around, this one eludes me. Am just about to give up on using it at all. I will not forward test, even on demo, what I cannot backtest.

So if someone has a .set file and a properly set up chart to publish it would be most helpful, and I would be most grateful.

I am tired of trying to decypher explanations written by others which are very very difficult or impossible to decode or understand. I know fully well that English is NOT the first language of millions, so am not about to criticize anyone for that.

Please help as best you can by making your explanations and charts as clear as possible. All I need is a bit of a start on this EA and am sure I can handle it from there. I don't want to be spoon-fed! It looks very promising.

Amen

Pip2

pipsqueak2:

Hi all, of the 20+ EA's I've tested, this one seems to defy logic. I am trying to backtest it and it seems hopeless. I read an earlier post on backtesting, but using that method( HL LL) it still did not backtest properly, no trades were taken.

There seems to be a sad lack of useful help here. Bits and pieces, here and there, but not one cohesive body of information to really help. I am not a mind reader, and I have no idea of what Wadda had in mind . Seems I get more confused the more I read. Normally I would blame myself, but having tackled the toughest EA's around, this one eludes me. Am just about to give up on using it at all. I will not forward test, even on demo, what I cannot backtest.

So if someone has a .set file and a properly set up chart to publish it would be most helpful, and I would be most grateful.

I am tired of trying to decypher explanations written by others which are very very difficult or impossible to decode or understand. I know fully well that English is NOT the first language of millions, so am not about to criticize anyone for that.

Please help as best you can by making your explanations and charts as clear as possible. All I need is a bit of a start on this EA and am sure I can handle it from there. I don't want to be spoon-fed! It looks very promising.

Amen

Pip2

Back test is very simple,

1- Do your setting for the EA as which line to sell and which to buy and take profit

2-choose the visiual mode

3-Don't choose optimization the first time

4-run and after the data is collected and the EA start to draw on the chart, go from the navigator window and chose the trend line indicator you set the EA to work with, and attach it to the chart.

This is as far as the backtest, as for the template, I am not sure this is necessary since this is a very simple yet powerful EA that works on the break of the trend, some traders on the break of the trend they go against the trend and some go with the trend, some works inside the channel, some takes an opposite position on the upper trend break while others take a long position… so it’s a matter of taste and experience, you can do whatever you want with this EA.

If I post a template it might work for me but might not work with your trading style, also you may choose SHI modified or the Denmark or another trend indicator.

If you have an indicator that you like to work with and likes to take long positions with the trend break or likes to take a short position, then post the indicator let me know what do you want to do when the trend line is broken and I will help you with the setting.

For me this is the best EA I have ever worked with, but every trader has his own trading style, and this EA requires your personal input as techinical trader, personaly I modify the setting from time to time, to suite my trading style

How to adjust EA SHI_Channel_true_fixed

Hi sir,

I would like to use TrendMeLeaveMe3.ex4 with SHI_Channel_true_fixed indicators, How can I adjust this EA if price touch TL1 from up = want Buy .

And when price go up and touch TL2 = want Close last buy and open new Sell ,and so on... with SL=50 ,TF=M5.

Thank you

mmb:
Hi sir,

I would like to use TrendMeLeaveMe3.ex4 with SHI_Channel_true_fixed indicators, How can I adjust this EA if price touch TL1 from up = want Buy .

And when price go up and touch TL2 = want Close last buy and open new Sell ,and so on... with SL=50 ,TF=M5.

Thank you

I have answered to your PM, the Gold version is more easy to understand with the picture on the first post but i made the setting for you, see your privtae messgae, and let me know if you need anything else

Hi MiniMe!

Its very nice EA, no gambling and nice result. Great!

I send my modify SHI_Channel_true_fixed with extern features OnlyTrendTrendMeLeaveMe

If true, EA trade only to direct slope...SHI line name oposite is renamed.

Try and write opinion.

Please, can you send me any your statement and your recommended settings for testing? I use M30 EURUSD and GBPUSD. SL 30, but TP and Breakeven nanaged with Manage TP 2.4.

Cheers

FC

frantacech,

I made the reply here on this thread

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Regards,

Alan

TMLM_gold grate EA

frantacech:
Hi MiniMe!

I send my modify SHI_Channel_true_fixed with extern features OnlyTrendTrendMeLeaveMe

Try and write opinion.

Please, can you send me any your statement and your recommended settings for testing? I use M30 EURUSD and GBPUSD. SL 30, but TP and Breakeven nanaged with Manage TP 2.4.

Cheers

FC

Hi Frantacech

First of all I'd like to tell you that i was testing this EA for a long time first us TMLM v1 witout own trend line and now with TMLM_gold with SHI Good (grate resoult) evry time but us said MiniMe this is semi automated system good advisor not good for beginer. I know becouse i was a beginer

Now main topic

Can you describle shortly what is a diference between your and previous version of ... SHI. I try used also Managet TP but it seems not work. I dont' know where is reason can you describe, as well

sorry for my bad english it is not my nativ language

Regards for all and a lot of pips

frantacech:
Hi MiniMe!

Try and write opinion.

Cheers

FC

frantacech you have great ideas, I though of some of them myself and I send an email to Mrpip but he never came back to me.

I like the way you did your setup, but some of the template you are setting the trade inside and outside the channel, that will not work on the long run, I have tested it... since you have gone far in the development I would suggest that you open a theard so people can test your setup and help developing it, I am running 4 live accounts now so I can not run more test, But I am planning to add another PC for testing.

I am sorry I can not post live statments but I am ready to give my full support.

I hope you had a chance to read my email, I got lots of template from you, each with different setting so I am not sure which one to comment on... you are using different time frames and different pairs so I am not sure what to do

MiniMe:
frantacech you have great ideas, I though of some of them myself and I send an email to Mrpip but he never came back to me.

I like the way you did your setup, but some of the template you are setting the trade inside and outside the channel, that will not work on the long run, I have tested it... since you have gone far in the development I would suggest that you open a theard so people can test your setup and help developing it, I am running 4 live accounts now so I can not run more test, But I am planning to add another PC for testing.

I am sorry I can not post live statments but I am ready to give my full support.

I hope you had a chance to read my email, I got lots of template from you, each with different setting so I am not sure which one to comment on... you are using different time frames and different pairs so I am not sure what to do

Hi all i 'm ready to make some test with you, can I

Regards

abuk:
Hi all i 'm ready to make some test with you, can I Regards

this is the link

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Its the same EA used here but with with added ideas