Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 17

torito:
i was just wonder how can we activate the forex robot trader if any one know how pls post it. ty

You could start with this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

How can I separate the indicators from EA's

I have what looks like EA's that do not work, maybe they are actually indicators, and visa versa.

How can I tell which is a EA and which is an Indicator, or maybe I have EA's that just do not work?

xx.set files

I have xx.set files. They I just open them to read the settings to are these control files for the EA with the same name? how do the .set file work?

alpine4133:
I have what looks like EA's that do not work, maybe they are actually indicators, and visa versa. How can I tell which is a EA and which is an Indicator, or maybe I have EA's that just do not work?
alpine4133:
I have xx.set files. They I just open them to read the settings to are these control files for the EA with the same name? how do the .set file work?

Did you note the indicators does not have "Common" Tab. You could start with that to classify your library.

About set files. Works by saving the preset of values. You could save your values for some EA on a set file.

If you need some more info: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

finding all the signs for testing EA

Hi, I know there are logs for the time you turn Metatrader on and you can find the signs generated by your EA for the time you turn Metatrader on. What about those signs that you find on the chart at times you have NOT turned on Metatrader? I want to have a record of all the signs generated by a EA to test its efficiency. Can anyone help me?

newb codes

hello- this may be trivial for some, but- how can i pull the current price of a symbol? what variable/function?

thanks much

Gidday pap0007

You could do a search for either CoderGuru he put together a coding book or have a look in the How To Code thread.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Beno

ea on demo/live account

hey,

i was trading on liteforex with ea on demo account and everything was ok, but when i want to use the same ea on live account, ea just doesnt work. only makes the first trade and then nothing. i gues the reason is broker. so my question is: which brokers use same settings on demo and live accounts? thx

Remove expert advisor from chart

HOw do I remove an expert advisor from my chart?

I tried closing metatrader but it didn't work.

Thanks.

Close the chart.

Or right mouse click on the face and remove this face from your chart.