Metatrader 4 freezing up? - page 2

i only got this "freezing" problem when i restart or recompiled the program. I figured this could be loading of display indicators and the EA requesting for chart data all at the same time. So what i did to mitigate this problem is to:

1) set a initial sleep of "x" seconds. To offset the "rush".

example : sleep(10000)

2) load the EA at "y" seconds based on the order sequence of a currency order. Loads a currency pair one at a time.

example:

InitialTimer = 10000; // 10 seconds

string Cur[26] = {

"EURUSD","USDJPY","GBPUSD","USDCHF","AUDUSD",

"USDCAD","NZDUSD","EURGBP","EURJPY","GBPCHF",

"EURCHF","GBPJPY","AUDJPY","CHFJPY","EURCAD",

"EURAUD","AUDCAD","AUDNZD","NZDJPY","AUDCHF",

"EURNZD","GBPNZD","NZDCHF","GBPCAD","CADJPY",

"GBPAUD"

};

void Init()

{

for (int a =0; a < =27; a++)

{

if (Cur[a] == Symbol())

{

Timer = (a * 10000) + InitialTimer;

}

}

Sleep(Timer);

}

The code above is not complete, but to give you a rough guide on how to overcome the problem of freezing. Hope this is helpful!

I was having similar issues but 409 seems stable so far

It can be a bit confusing on my end, I don't know if It's my MT4 or internet connection. but its still manageable. cheers

Namtok:
I was having similar issues but 409 seems stable so far

Is it just me or is MetaQuotes getting lazy with the QC on their releases?

I am/was having this problem too

The poster that mentioned deleting/backing up EA/indicators and taking them out of the EA and Indicator folders was correct. Not only does the amount of indicators affect the platform, but also the length of their names (for ones that I didn't want to get rid of, I just renamed them). Also, the scripting of the EA's and Indicators themselves can be a problem. When you're downloading new ones, it doesn't hurt to open them in the Editor, read them over, and compile them. Some of these indicators actually interfere with one another, I've noticed.

The last thing I'd say is check to see if any of your EA's or Indicators access the internet while activated. I had one that imported news and when it went wonky on me, I looked at the script and saw that it was written badly. I got rid of it and now have a different one with no problems.

If you keep your "extra" EA's and Indicators in a separate folder from the MT folder, it's a simple process to use the editor to "Import" the file into MT when you want to use it.