The Simba Con Man - page 27

iGoR:
Hi Mladen,

This indicator repaints....I follow some of your postings and you seem to be a person with credibility.

So I don't understand the reason to post an indicators that repaints.

A lot of newbies don't even understand what repainting means and here we will go again as with the Yu4rik and solar wind indicator that will cause an endless amount of useless postings and filling this forum up with stupid postings or topics that wil ask...: What do you think about this indicator ?...or Do you like this indicator as much as I do ?....Or, I made a very profitable system based on this indicator.....

regards..iGoR

PS. 95% of the non-repainting indicators are already totaly useless....so whats the point of even posting beautifull repainting indicators that are even more useless then the most useless non-repainting indicator.

Perhaps the answer is in the thread? Have you read it yet? These aren't used to enter trades alone.

clahn04:
I've never went with zero bar (i.e. current bar). It's too likely to change. I usually wait 2-4 or more, watching the snake lines themselves as well to turn. The slopes mean nothing without the context of the snake lines. I also think the MTF's are a must. It helps to provide more context as well ( just looking for an edge). My hope is that trades will begin to be posted here as they happen live so we can see if their is any value in this method. Like i said, i've messed with it only 2 trading days which is hardly something to rely on.

All the best,

cl

Yes,

IMHO Clahn is right 0 bar is extremely dangerous...I wait until I see a change in turn(so,at least bar 2 and 1 are closed and have changed direction) and either a TL breakout or a snake crossover,this is not infallible,but I posted a couple of examples for everybody to "feel/know/see" when to believe a confirmed change in cycle ,practically real time,and both were profitable...

....And this is what usually happens,if you wait for confirmation and have a reasonable target,you usually get to reach it fast.

MTF:Depends...sometimes it is a must,sometimes you have to get the feel for when the h1 is strong enough to go on itself,trading is an art not a science,more like playing poker than like playing chess...why?Because there is no STRUCTURE...your beliefs create it,as in poker...is the guy(market maker) going all-in(catching stops) having a better hand than yours(knows there is strong demand/supply coming into the market) or not(just shaking out weak hands)?

Hurst centered smas,Snakes or mladen triangular weighted mas...just help us in deciding if the "FRAME" is there to try a trade with good Reward to Risk ratio...the end decision is ours to make....and all the decisions we make are done in an uncertain environment...by definition

Glad to see 3 heavyweights like fxbs,mladen and Linuxser coming into the thread,please keep posting here and help us refine the method.

iGoR:
Hi Mladen,

This indicator repaints....I follow some of your postings and you seem to be a person with credibility.

A lot of newbies don't even understand what repainting means and here we will go again as with the Yu4rik and solar wind indicator that will cause an endless amount of useless postings and filling this forum up with stupid postings or topics that wil ask...: What do you think about this indicator ?...or Do you like this indicator as much as I do ?....Or, I made a very profitable system based on this indicator.....

regards..iGoR

PS. 95% of the non-repainting indicators are already totaly useless....so whats the point of even posting beautifull repainting indicators that are even more useless then the most useless non-repainting indicator.

I don't think anyone is denying that these recalculate. It's been expressed many times that they do...and they should. As Simba stated, if there is a "quicker" ( in terms of computation) version then perhaps that should be explored. In no way are these a way to give you precise mechanical signals. Perhaps i am mistaken. I believe over time the "value" or "crap" will come out with regards to these.

cl

SIMBA:
Yes,

IMHO Clahn is right 0 bar is extremely dangerous...I wait until I see a change in turn(so,at least bar 2 and 1 are closed and have changed direction) and either a TL breakout or a snake crossover,this is not infallible,but I posted a couple of examples for everybody to "feel/know/see" when to believe a confirmed change in cycle ,practically real time,and both were profitable...

....And this is what usually happens,if you wait for confirmation and have a reasonable target,you usually get to reach it fast.

MTF:Depends...sometimes it is a must,sometimes you have to get the feel for when the h1 is strong enough to go on itself,trading is an art not a science,more like playing poker than like playing chess...why?Because there is no STRUCTURE...your beliefs create it,as in poker...is the guy(market maker) going all-in(catching stops) having a better hand than yours(knows there is strong demand/supply coming into the market) or not(just shaking out weak hands)?

Hurst centered smas,Snakes or mladen triangular weighted mas...just help us in deciding if the "FRAME" is there to try a trade with good Reward to Risk ratio...the end decision is ours to make....and all the decisions we make are done in an uncertain environment...by definition

Glad to see 3 heavyweights like fxbs,mladen and Linuxser coming into the thread,please keep posting here and help us refine the method.

I think i need much more live screen time to view them in action to develop a definite view about the time frames. I dont' know if there is going to be a "best practice" or like you said a general "frame".

We shall see.

Best,

cl

cl

oh yes, that's the art; and answers is inside the thread, but there are still much more questions;

Oh dear..., now on every other page on Simba's thread will be Qs: "does it repaints?"- Igor right

Mladen should answer the Simba's questions, but what i can tell - he is genius mathematician and programmer (like i am : ((( ); his scripts - a few lines instead of pages of code - clear, clean like light, flies through and does what it should

clahn04:
Simba,

Thank you for the kind words. I think it's "something", but i'm hoping the board will help mold it into something more. I strongly encourage everyone to post trades, showing entry and projection, time frames and reasoning. This will only help us to become better.

cl

Just a quick trade. The 5 minute chart was showing downward pressure and accelerate quickly. I did not play the gap fill initially because i just don't know how these snakes truely work. I shorted at 172.41. The pictures are attached. My take profit was based on the 1 minute chart was roughly 172.21, give or take. My top base was in the 60's, the mid point in the 40's, so i projected out 20 more. Closed at 172.26 for +17.

The gap on the 5 minute may be playing with the indicators a bit. If the downward pressure continues we could see 171.60 within the next hour or so. It's a little too early to tell in my estimation right now.

Files:
trade_1.gif  26 kb

iGoR:
Hi Mladen,

regards..iGoR

Hi iGor,

Glad to see another heavyweight whose work I respect contributing to the thread...Regarding your comments,I would like to add mine in order for everybody to have a fuller picture...

1-Centered smas is the original Hurst method and there is no doubt whatsoever(for me ) that it works,at least in my humble mind,after having learnt his book and his 5 kgms course...only problem is that a centered sma,by definition,will end up delayed by half its period length in the chart,so ,in order to project the crossover you have to use "creative" methods,like drawing trendlines,projecting slant lines,etc

2-Another way to solve this problem is to use mas that can be centered and then "redrawn" on real time...That means using indicators that repaint.

3-Since the indicators repaint...but,since ,at the same time we (probably)know the dominant cycles that rule the half lengths of the MAs...we need a way to devise a filter about when the repainting is PROBABLY not going to affect us...That is why we use TL crossovers and half cycle confirmed turns by at least a couple bars in order to confirm that we have a HIGH PROBABILITY change of cycle phase...then we estimate a target and decide if the RR is right or not.

4-mladen has just added a new repainting indicator to a thread that uses repainting indicators,with the intention of improving our setup,so,if somebody is at fault,it is not him ,but myself .

5-I hate repainting indicators,solar winds,super signals,etc,etc,and have practically the same opinion about them as the one you have posted...but I have found that the particular repainting indicator we use,snakes,with the 2 filters we add(TL cross plus 2 bars slope change)..allow us to execute in real time a very sound methodology much better than by just using the original Hurst method...That`s all....I may be mistaken,but my results and those of the few people that had invested the necessary time to understand the system seem to point to a different direction.

6-I live in a mountain country with icy roads...When in winter,I have to disconnect the ESP/ABS from my car in order to be able to brake on "hard snow"..when raining strongly,those same ESP/ABS are the ones that increase my safety...so,their usefulness is contextually related...and,like the Snakes..ESP/ABS repaints a lot,actually they repaint thousands of times per second when needed...So,it all depends on the context.......Unbelievably enough,there might be some contexts where repainting adds information and decreases noise....with the right contextual filters...IMHO,this thread may be one of them.

Thanks for posting here,your posts are always appreciated and it will be a pleasure to keep reading them here...Don`t worry about criticizing my methods,I like intelligent critics and I know you are one of them,so,if you have additional negative opinions about the system,please be so kind to post them here,it will help us grow the thread,just take into account that mladen is not responsible for posting a repainting indicator in a thread that already uses them...I am the one responsible,so,please be so kind to direct the critics towards me.....he doesn`t deserve them,at least in this particular case.

SIMBA:
Hi iGor,

Glad to see another heavyweight whose work I respect contributing to the thread...Regarding your comments,I would like to add mine in order for everybody to have a fuller picture...

1-Centered smas is the original Hurst method and there is no doubt whatsoever(for me ) that it works,at least in my humble mind,after having learnt his book and his 5 kgms course...only problem is that a centered sma,by definition,will end up delayed by half its period length in the chart,so ,in order to project the crossover you have to use "creative" methods,like drawing trendlines,projecting slant lines,etc

2-Another way to solve this problem is to use mas that can be centered and then "redrawn" on real time...That means using indicators that repaint.

3-Since the indicators repaint...but,since ,at the same time we (probably)know the dominant cycles that rule the half lengths of the MAs...we need a way to devise a filter about when the repainting is PROBABLY not going to affect us...That is why we use TL crossovers and half cycle confirmed turns by at least a couple bars in order to confirm that we have a HIGH PROBABILITY change of cycle phase...then we estimate a target and decide if the RR is right or not.

4-mladen has just added a new repainting indicator to a thread that uses repainting indicators,with the intention of improving our setup,so,if somebody is at fault,it is not him ,but myself .

5-I hate repainting indicators,solar winds,super signals,etc,etc,and have practically the same opinion about them as the one you have posted...but I have found that the particular repainting indicator we use,snakes,with the 2 filters we add(TL cross plus 2 bars slope change)..allow us to execute in real time a very sound methodology much better than by just using the original Hurst method...That`s all....I may be mistaken,but my results and those of the few people that had invested the necessary time to understand the system seem to point to a different direction.

6-I live in a mountain country with icy roads...When in winter,I have to disconnect the ESP/ABS from my car in order to be able to brake on "hard snow"..when raining strongly,those same ESP/ABS are the ones that increase my safety...so,their usefulness is contextually related...and,like the Snakes..ESP/ABS repaints a lot,actually they repaint thousands of times per second when needed...So,it all depends on the context.......Unbelievably enough,there might be some contexts where repainting adds information and decreases noise....with the right contextual filters...IMHO,this thread may be one of them.

Thanks for posting here,your posts are always appreciated and it will be a pleasure to keep reading them here...Don`t worry about criticizing my methods,I like intelligent critics and I know you are one of them,so,if you have additional negative opinions about the system,please be so kind to post them here,it will help us grow the thread,just take into account that mladen is not responsible for posting a repainting indicator in a thread that already uses them...I am the one responsible,so,please be so kind to direct the critics towards me.....he doesn`t deserve them,at least in this particular case.

Lots of car references today :-)

I would have to agree with everything Simba has said. A long time ago it was Simba who created this great thread. Cycles immedietly made sense to me from the standpoint of math/science, but finding a way to pratically remove and use them in trading has been somewhat difficult. I was a student of DF's, and they just became very complex and cumbersome. Simba kindly introduced me to Hurst's book, and i have to say that it is in my mind one of the greatest investment books ever written. I think it's beyond an investment book, but that is another conversation for another time. Simba taught me ( if he remembers) to fish and to be creative. Trading is just that. Mladen's indicator may be an even "quicker" way to achieve what we are trying to do. I must say that the constant updating, imho, is the critical piece of this method. The constant recalculation in my opinion is doing one thing - making you critically look at price action.

Enough bantering. Safe trading!

cl