News Trader EA - page 122

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

EURUSD: 20.

GBPUSD: -11.

USDJPY: -20.

USDCHF: 6.

AUDUSD:39.

USDCAD: 143.

NZDUSD: 0.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

EURUSD: 0.

GBPUSD: 27.

USDJPY: 0.

USDCHF: 0.

AUDUSD: 5.

USDCAD: 168.

NZDUSD: 0.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

Setup

newdigital:
Hi theforexedge,

I see nothing as your picture is small.

But installation of this version should be in exact way as the normal 5.3 version concerning additional files and Metatrader's setting for "allow dll" and so on.

If you will have any issue please report and I will try to help.

Difference between the normal version and enc is the following: on enc version - the trade is opened first with no stop loss and take profit and immediate after that - this trade is modified for stop loss and take profit. That's all the difference.

Dear NewDigital

I think i've setup the EA as per the installation notes...The EA screen is showing NOT ACTIVE - is this correct?

My chart is set to M1

Jason

Attachment

sorry i forgot to include the screen grab

Jason

Files:
newstrader.jpg  105 kb

Are you using ecn version?

Because I am using simnple 5.3 and I do not have this 'not active' ...

No idea what it means.

We need to ask MrTools.

Make sure that you installed it in right way (2 additional files should be placed in different locations).

Besides, check Metatrader's settings.

It should be like this:

Metatrader - Tools - Options:

- enable EA - yes

- disable experts when ... - no

- disable experts when ... - no

- allow live trading - yes

- ask manual confirmation - no

- allow dll imports - yes

- confirm dll - no

- allow external ... yes

Click on EA face on the chart - and the same:

- allow live trading - yes

- ask manual confirmation - no

- allow dll imports - yes

- confirm dll - no

- allow external ... yes

theforexedge:
Dear NewDigital

I think i've setup the EA as per the installation notes...The EA screen is showing NOT ACTIVE - is this correct?

My chart is set to M1

Jason

Hi Jason,

When the Ea is not in trading mode it will show "NOT ACTIVE" when time gets close to News time which is OrderDuration + ProcessTime Ea should switch to "ACTIVE" . So from what i can tell your all set and ready to go.

mrtools:
Hi Jason, When the Ea is not in trading mode it will show "NOT ACTIVE" when time gets close to News time which is OrderDuration + ProcessTime Ea should switch to "ACTIVE" . So from what i can tell your all set and ready to go.

Thanks Mr Tools

I thought that might be the case...I appreciate your help.

Jason

Add 60SMA Trade

Mr Tools

Is it possible to add a additional 60SMA trade to the News Trader EA?

See attached chart..

I usually trade the news either with a limit order or if the prices drops 50 pips then I open a trade once it cross the 60SMA - this is usually about 80% successful on High Impact news, and i think would really improve what is already a great news trading EA (see attached chart)

I usually leave this trade open for 30 minutes, so a time limit variable would be useful also..

Regards, Jason

Files:
newstrader.jpg  105 kb

Chart with 60SMA

Not sure if this screen grab is easier to see

Files:
newstrader.jpg  105 kb

theforexedge:
Not sure if this screen grab is easier to see

Hi Jason,

Should be able to add the Ma, give me a day or two.