News Trader EA - page 104

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

EURUSD: +17.

GBPUSD: +263.

USDJPY: -22.

USDCHF: -5.

AUDUSD: 0.

USDCAD: 0.

NZDUSD: +30.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

Nice results NewDigital, thanks.

I appreciate you keeping us updated on your results.

Cheers, Snow.

Updated results for this week (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in 4 digit pips.

EURUSD: -50.

GBPUSD: 0.

USDJPY: -49.

USDCHF: 0.

USDCAD: +26.

NZDUSD: 0.

---------------

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).

Confusing results

I have just started playing with this EA on a fxdd test account. What I am seeing is that the EA opens a number of orders when the news event occurs. The problem is that when the trade is triggered, it is almost immediately closed with a couple pip loss even though the current 15M bar runs up rather significantly. I am sure its probably settings. On the first news event I watched on the EURUSD, there were a total of 11 buy orders opened and immediately closed with a 2 or 4 pip loss in a period of 4 minutes. During the 15M bar, the value of the EURUSD pair went up 25pips and another 20 pips over the next 30 mins so these trades should have made money.

A little help from someone who has played with this ea a bit would be appreciated.

I am using this version https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175898/page61 and this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum (v5.3) and nfp settings is on this first post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

GBPUSD: 58.

USDJPY: -40.

USDCAD: 0.

---------------

Files:

GBPUSD: -50.

USDJPY: 99.

USDCAD: 127.

---------------

EURUSD: 0.

GBPUSD: -28.

USDJPY: -5.

USDCAD: 30.

NZDUSD: -41.

---------------

------------

GBPUSD did +290 pips now with the news.

---------------

Files:

EURUSD: 0.

GBPUSD: 290.

USDJPY: 7.

USDCHF: 2.

USDCAD: 78.

---------------

Files: