Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 80

Duke

dukeofdents:
Thanks for the welcome, Simba. Decided to start using my actual name now. I've had it with the mods over at FF, they can't take a joke and don't like straightforward, no B.S. people.

Well, I haven't gotten many signals in my demoing of this method manually yet. That's a good thing in my mind, because fewer, quality trades is a lot better than throwing darts. I saw one signal last night on USD/JPY that stopped out. I'm trying it on USD/JPY and GBP/USD while comparing its signals to a few other systems to look for times when they coincide.

I've been perusing some of the backtest results here, which provide a very good idea of what kind of runs, drawdown, etc. to expect. Excellent thread, I'll be following it closely while manually testing. My offer of participating in automated testing still stands, let me know...

Hi Duke,

Thanks for your offer,we will take you on it..;)

Can you repeat the tests for USDJPY,GBPCHF,GBPJPY,USDCHF,GBPUSD?

The EA you have to use is a few posts back..version 1.3 official,with settings already included there..use it only on 90% quality data,from 16/June/04 to 23/Feb/07..this is important,because "out of test" sample testing in forward periods will be our next step...and post your results

Regarding signals frequency,you can expect 3 to 5 signals per month,per pair..

Thanks again and Regards

Simba

alan.demo

alan.demo:
Hi Simba,

Could you give me a hand? I swot SimbaSystem rules diligently and there are some points I can't catch. Could you please specify issues as follows?

1. What is corelation between SATL H1 and SATL H4? How can that be interpreted? Must they go in the same direction or not? NO CORRELATION USED..we use only SATL4H..I have tried some tests with multixpmaEA to find if 1h,4h correlation improved the system ,and no way man2. Which way ChandelierStopV1 should be used?stop on 1h bar close

3. What is proper price position for entry towards SATL H4, SATL H1 and Chandelier 60? 1h we don`t use

4. How is position of H4, H1 towards Chandelier 60 interpreted?same as before

Some sketches, what is good and what is not, would be enough for me.And that you at least make the effort to read the relevant posts of this thread and avoid me the effort to spoonfeed you the answers,creating a dangerous precedent for everybody to pretend..would be the minimal requirement to reply from now onwards to your queries...;)Thanks for your kind tutor classes in advance, pal.if u want them to be of any usefulness comply with my minimal requirements..mateRegards to all.

Hi alan,

Please find above my reply..my friend

Simba

Frantacech,Pilofe-TESTS

frantacech:
Next backtest with USDCHF and USDJPY

Hi Frantacech,and Pilofe,Malcik..

Basically..tests results

GBPUSD:Frantacech,Pilofe ,Simba..agree

GBPJPY:Frantacech,Simba agree..Pilofe disagrees

USDCHF:Frantacech,Simba agree...Pilofe disagrees

USDJPY:Simba no test ,Frantacech and Pilofe..disagree

Frantacech....1-can you do the "official"test with GBPCHF too?check with Pilofe and my results to see if it agrees with one of them or none(not both because they disagree )..2-Can you edit your previous 3,4 posts with your versions,and don`t delete anything,just add your comment explaining clearly what are the differences between versions.3-Your money management is much better for sure..but first we must have consistent settings that are not overfitted ,so,we are not yet at money management step..you know,the fact that these settings work fairly well on cable and gbpjpy makes me think that we are on the right road..AND the fact that they don`t work on the other pairs,makes me think that we have to "widen" the settings before proceeding for money management..so,i ask you to be a little bit more patient..or EVEN BETTER..TRY TO LOOK FOR A CONSISTENT SET OF MM PARAMETERS THAT WORKS IN IMPROVING THE RESULTS FOR ALL TESTED PAIRS..that means official ea+same set of frantacech mm=improving all results..this is the challenge

Let's wait for Malcik tets,if possible,before deciding

Regards

Simba

Cable-weekly Analysis

Hi All,

Take a look at the chart..what can we see?..First,the trend has changed,though its slope is almost flat..second..price is below satl and below chandelier..good signal of potential change in trend..third..pivot is at 1.9661 just a few pips below chandelier..fourth satl is at 1.9688..fifth..there is R1 at 1.9703...

TREND:EITHER DOWN OR FLAT..

AREA OF RESISTANCE:1.9661 TO 1.9703..if we receive a sell signal from WPR while price in this area..it could be a very good entry

POTENTIAL VARIATIONS:1-What if we have a wpr signal but chand already penetrated? "official"don`t trade,"discretional":if taken put your stop above R2.1.9730 or even R3 1.9773..this is a risky but potentially lucrative trade 2-We receive the signal below the pivot..well low risk/high reward..u decide as always..;)

As usual,if you want to try..do this only on demo..;)

Regards

Simba

Files:

Compare with another systems.

Simba ...Williams %R is my WINNER. With news indy...good know. Right top... only for my compare, I dont use for trade.

FxOverEasy .. working and simply

The River .... I dont know now

Vegas4h... good and working for big man

See you Zerolagstoch colored? Nice.

Files:
fxovereasy.gif  32 kb
river.gif  41 kb
simba.gif  27 kb
vegas4h.gif  34 kb

next backtest 1.3 official

first again referential gbpusd - ok , correct...identical with previous...uaaa, second day with strategy tester toytoy working ok.

I use another pc for testing now.

next backtest 1.3 official

...next day i will be testing tuning settings. Today no, i working with slow notebook acer aspire 3003WLMi.

hehe, i forget short gbpusd and my open gbpjpy.

Goblin

What are you saying frantatech?

We should delete all goblin EA's as they are like a virus?

Perky>

Perky

Senior Member Join Date: Oct 2005

GOBLIN found the problem and for future testers !!!!

very dangerous

it was the global variables!!!!!!

you need to be in the expert panel and press F3 key and delete them all!!!!

this is such a dangerous thing!!!

if you change amounts and variables it will affect future backtests!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, try press F3 before run backtest....