Sarema EA - page 3

Is there a recommended TF and paris? I am unable to access the URL posted in post #1.

et_phonehome_2:
Is there a recommended TF and paris? I am unable to access the URL posted in post #1.

There is no TP - we just follow the trend and take as much as it gives us. A TP would limit our profit.

There are no recomended pairs. That's why I'm currently forward testing it on all the major pairs.

It seems that MuddBuddha's site is down. I don't know the reasons. Try again later.

eden159:
There is no TP - we just follow the trend and take as much as it gives us. A TP would limit our profit.

There are no recomended pairs. That's why I'm currently forward testing it on all the major pairs.

It seems that MuddBuddha's site is down. I don't know the reasons. Try again later.

I guess its still too early or too late depending on your timezone, I was asking about TimeFrame.

et_phonehome_2:
I guess its still too early or too late depending on your timezone, I was asking about TimeFrame.

Actually it's noon here.

The expert uses 2 time frames - a bigger time frame to check the direction of the price and a smaller one to double check the same direction. Those both time frames are adjusted in the expert's settings (they're set to 1 hour for the main time frame and 15 min for the second one). It doesn't matter on which time frame you'd drop the expert on your chart - it would still work with the time frame adjusted in it's settings. I hope that answers your question .

eden159:
:) Actually it's noon here. The expert uses 2 time frames - a bigger time frame to check the direction of the price and a smaller one to double check the same direction. Those both time frames are adjusted in the expert's settings (they're set to 1 hour for the main time frame and 15 min for the second one). It doesn't matter on which time frame you'd drop the expert on your chart - it would still work with the time frame adjusted in it's settings. I hope that answers your question .

Thanks for the explanation, its too early here. I am just wondering which TF the best results have been found on.

Forward testing

yeoeleven:
Looking good, John

But what happened? Why was the successful trade allowed to close with a loss?

I read that the trade should never go against the 15 min chart, was I supposed to monitor it and manually close the trade? If so I am using the wrong EA. Since it was spelled out in the code I would have thought that closure would have been automatic.

Do I need to be an expert to use this expert advisor?

Taken from the top of the coding.

Never trade against the 15 min Parabolic SAR!

I typically monitor my trades fairly closely and decide my exit point by evaluating several time period charts and the current trend indicators I.E> if it looks as though the trend is going south, I will exit the position and lock in the profits.

John

Files:
sarema2.gif  65 kb

yeoeleven:
But what happened? Why was the successful trade allowed to close with a loss?

The expert turned a successful trade in a loss because it waited for the trend to continue, but it reversed it's direction.

yeoeleven:

Never trade against the 15 min Parabolic SAR!

This is when you enter a trade - you never enter if the 15 min Parabolic SAR is against you.

yeoeleven:
Do I need to be an expert to use this expert advisor?

No, the idea of all EAs is to make your trading easier, not harder. The fact that the EA lost a trade does not make it more complex .

yeoeleven:
I typically monitor my trades fairly closely and decide my exit point by evaluating several time period charts and the current trend indicators I.E> if it looks as though the trend is going south, I will exit the position and lock in the profits.

If you have a suggestion to improve to expert I'd be glad to hear it and implement it. After all this is not the holy grail.

Here is the report for this week - poor performance . I'll maintain all the results in the first post.