Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 11

elepoutre:
I must have missed something...

In the attached report i have set up initial sl at 30...and if you check the trades in the report the sl are placed at 70 pips!

somebody could explain what i did not understand?

thank you

emeric

elepoutre,

Here is the code that sets StopLoss for a Sell.

sl=NormalizeDouble(SellPrice+InitialStop*Point + (MaxTrades-OpenOrders)*Pips*Point, Digits);

1st order, StopLoss will be set at InitialStop value. As more orders are opened at same time, Stoplosss will be increase by calculation above.

Wackena

Here are some of my thoughts on gobin.

First of all, I think goblin is/will be a great upgrade of 10point3. Martingale method can be very effective if our positions are not against the major market trend. I used to think of trading 10point3 with the indicator Fish as a filter, basically the same way of thinking as goblin. But I didn't stick to that idea, and have no coding skills to make an EA out of that.

Now back to the testing of goblin, I believe it will be a long-term winner for sure, and good news will come one after another. But I think what will help it improve most is the back testing of those special periods, like what we saw last week, the periods of dramatic maket trend change. In that way, we can find its weakness, and make it as perfect as posssible.

Ideally, I think we shall not see goblin's positions progress from 1 lot to 32 lots, or from 0.01 lot to 0.32 lot. I mean goblin is supposed to trade following the major market trend. When the positions progress from 0.01 to 0.08, and market turns back in our favour, you can argue it's a side way market. But when we progressed to 0.32 or 0.64 from0.01, we are against the major trend. That does not reconcile with the original design of goblin. Therefore I think we can try setting the max trade number at 3 or 4, when the fourth position is certain pips in the loss, just close all the positions, and start all over again. And most likely, we will be following the trend again. In the long run, the winners will far outnumber the losers.

Another beauty of this setting is, if the max trade is 3 or 4. We can trade several different pairs without worrying too much about the margin. In this way, goblin will become a very stable pips making machin with limited drawdown.

Just my two cents, and hope these thoughts can contribute a little bit. I wish all the success of goblin.

goblin r suxx! heh.

oldanalog:
goblin r suxx! heh.

Wow - thanks for the value-add!! It's these kind of posts that make new forex people like me wanting to come back and learn more.

Oldanalog - could you please some post additional comments as to why you feel that "goblin r suxx" - sorry if my paraphrasing is limited to your advanced doctoral level of criticism - genious echolon articulation at your level is so undervalued in this forum........

....limited forward testing newbie at your service....

To All: I apologize for the critical comments as posted above. Can we please keep this positively collaberative as possible...

...that being said I will post my forward testing results with default settings on an ibfx demo account at the end of the week.

respectfully...

mike

Considering the wicked turn-on-a-dime markets the past few days, I've updated the Goblin EA to use the H4 period with faster trend slope detection instead of D1. This should hopefully help to keep the trade direction more responsive. Please replace your existing EA with the attachment.

Files:
goblin_1.mq4  13 kb

1 hour later and I'm still seeing "H4 Trend Dir:analyzing..."

Is anything wrong here? Can anyone tell me if this expert is still working?

thx

Files:
image.gif  19 kb

ze0202:
1 hour later and I'm still seeing "H4 Trend Dir:analyzing..."

Is anything wrong here? Can anyone tell me if this expert is still working?

thx

Upon startup of the ea for a given chart, the H4 Trend Dir will indicate "analyzing" until the direction of the Turbo_JRSX agrees with the trend direction/slope of the H4 Turbo_JVEL indicator. Once they coincide, then you'll see the trend direction appear. This is normal behavior.

bluto,

I wanted to see the TrendVal as part of the Comment() line at top of charts. So I modified the Comment() line as follows.

Comment("LastPrice=",LastPrice," Previous open orders=",PreviousOpenOrders," H4 Trend Dir: ",TrendTxt,"== ",TrendVal,"\nContinue opening=",ContinueOpening," OrderType=",myOrderType,"\n",text2,"\nLots=",lotsi,"\n",text);

The output on chart was "0". I also tried it with UpTrendVal and DnTrendVal in the Comment() line and both values were "0". It seems that the iCustom() function for Turbo_JVEL is not returning values.

I also tested 1st & 2nd Goblin release and got same results. When I first tested 1st release of Goblin, I got correct values in the Comment() line. Also, the Turbo_JVEL attached to chart has correct values.

Something must have changed in Turbo_JVEL Indicator code so that now the Parameters set in iCustom() could be incorrect.

Can you confirm if what I am seeing is correct? Hope I'm wrong.

Wackena

Wackena:
bluto,

I wanted to see the TrendVal as part of the Comment() line at top of charts. So I modified the Comment() line as follows.

Comment("LastPrice=",LastPrice," Previous open orders=",PreviousOpenOrders," H4 Trend Dir: ",TrendTxt,"== ",TrendVal,"\nContinue opening=",ContinueOpening," OrderType=",myOrderType,"\n",text2,"\nLots=",lotsi,"\n",text);

The output on chart was "0". I also tried it with UpTrendVal and DnTrendVal in the Comment() line and both values were "0". It seems that the iCustom() function for Turbo_JVEL is not returning values.

I also tested 1st & 2nd Goblin release and got same results. When I first tested 1st release of Goblin, I got correct values in the Comment() line. Also, the Turbo_JVEL attached to chart has correct values.

Something must have changed in Turbo_JVEL Indicator code so that now the Parameters set in iCustom() could be incorrect.

Can you confirm if what I am seeing is correct? Hope I'm wrong.

Wackena

bluto,

I reloaded original 1st release of Goblin & Turbo_JVEL and now the values are correct.

Wackena