ADX alert!! - page 11

MarcinFX:
wilders_dmi_signals_2.01b.mq4

I can't believe. You work faster than I think :-)

I added Level for DI+DI- cross.

if (adx>adxLevel && plusdi>minusdi && plusdi > Level) trend = 1; if (adx>adxLevel && plusdi Level) trend =-1;
Now it's the best indicator I've ever used. Thanks a lot

Could someone add the ADX_Lenght to this indicator, I use faster ADX then DMI (8,13)?

zefx:
Could someone add the ADX_Lenght to this indicator, I use faster ADX then DMI (8,13)?

Zefx, far as I know DMI_Length, is the same as ADX_Length in that indicator.

mrtools:
Zefx, far as I know DMI_Length, is the same as ADX_Length in that indicator.

Yes it is, and I hope to be different, to be able to set one value for ADX and other for DMI. I use 8 for ADX and 13 for DMI.

hi guys

it will be appreciated if some one can make an adx indicator with these specifications :

4 bars : first bar for adx ( green for positive slope , red for negative slope and yellow for no direction )

second bar for +di ( green for positive slope , red for negative slope and yellow for no direction )

third bar for -di ( red for positive slope , green for negative slope and yellow for no direction )

and the last bar for adx value ( red for adx<20 , yellow for 20<adx<25 green for 25<adx<40 and aqua for 40<adx )

and also :

adjustable period for adx and di separately

adjustable time frame (multi time frame )

and non repainting

thanks a lot in advance

ADX is the only indicator I have ever seen that can be used by itself to trade profitably. There cannot be too many refinements to an indicator that tells you everything. However, it might be a good idea to apply any refinements to the ADX_WildersDMI_v1.01 alerts.mq4 version. Then you will have the road to riches in the palm of your hand, no matter what way you prefer to use it. If uyou would add a little gold star we could even use it for a holiday decoration.

grayghost:
ADX is the only indicator I have ever seen that can be used by itself to trade profitably. There cannot be too many refinements to an indicator that tells you everything. However, it might be a good idea to apply any refinements to the ADX_WildersDMI_v1.01 alerts.mq4 version. Then you will have the road to riches in the palm of your hand, no matter what way you prefer to use it. If uyou would add a little gold star we could even use it for a holiday decoration.

What would the refinements be?

Don't know, off hand. Anything to help user pull hidden statistical information from price series. DI Plus DI Minus cross above a level? Slope at time of cross? Dot where DI makes new high? Show trendlines across DI peaks a specifiable distance apart? Slope of trendline? An app for having indicatlor sex? Not suggeting these, except for final one, just pitching pie-in-the-sky ideas. The point is, whenever an idea is suggested, consider incorporating it into a jack-of-all trades version of the indicator instead of or in addition to producing a new one-job ADX indicator. Just don't let the government know.

amiralias:
hi guys

it will be appreciated if some one can make an adx indicator with these specifications :

4 bars : first bar for adx ( green for positive slope , red for negative slope and yellow for no direction )

second bar for +di ( green for positive slope , red for negative slope and yellow for no direction )

third bar for -di ( red for positive slope , green for negative slope and yellow for no direction )

and the last bar for adx value ( red for adx<20 , yellow for 20<adx<25 green for 25<adx<40 and aqua for 40<adx )

and also :

adjustable period for adx and di separately

adjustable time frame (multi time frame )

and non repainting

thanks a lot in advance

hi dear mladen and mr tools

would you please pay attention to this request ?

thanks

I apologize in advance for the negativity of this post. The most important information about momentum resides in the relationship of the DI lines. A yes/no-type indicator cannot show this. Aaa the essential information is provided by ADX_WildersDMI_v1.01 alerts. It is hard to see how one could improve the presentation by leaving some of the info out and chopping the rest into little pieces.

Again, I'm sorry about the tone of this post; I don't wish to start a feud. I just do not want the programmer to waste his valuable time on a low-utility application.

mrtools:
Grayghost, added the DI cross alerts.

Very good work. Many thanks again. As another trader in the forum I would also need also an alert for the case that adx crosses adxr in this indicator. Could you help in this case. Many thanks again.