Live Testing reports - page 65

Bert, my theory as to why the performance varies for different people with same broker is that it depends on when Phoenix is started for the first time. If the first time you start Phoenix is during a bad time, then you'll stay in bad time for a while; if you started during good time, then you'll be in that for a while. It is like the "train" example somebody gave a while back, you need to get off the "bad train" and get on the "good train"

It is impossible to expect Phoenix to give good signals all the time, so if you catch a bad signal at the beginning, you're locked in since Phoenix won't take another trade until the current trade is finished, even if there are good signals during this time. So by the time Phoenix is done with the bad trades, it had already missed the good signals, and may be the next signal it takes happens to be bad also (we hope good signals, but we can only hope). Only thing to do is manually close the bad trade.

Your Phoenix and my phoenix will eventually become synchronized. There will be times when the market is too quiet for Phoenix and there won't be any trades at all and when Phoenix starts again, your Phoenix and my Phoenix will start at the same point and be on the same "train", but this can take a long time especially with 4 pairs. Now, we can speed up the synchronization by manually closing some trades, but since we're testing full auto mode, I don't think we should mess with it.

I start my Phoenix with default setting, full auto with no intervention, starting Sunday afternoon and stopping Friday night. My internet connection is rated at 7mbps, so it is good. I had that one huge spike on cable a while back, but I think I fixed that already. What do you mean "shut down"? and how can you tell if the settings are corrupted if they're hard coded?

From looking at my results, it seems that most of the loses happen on Fridays, carrying over into Mondays. I'm thinking about setting up another account where Phoenix will run Tue to Thur only. Any thoughts?

hhsmoney:
Bert, my theory as to why the performance varies for different people with same broker is that it depends on when Phoenix is started for the first time. If the first time you start Phoenix is during a bad time, then you'll stay in bad time for a while; if you started during good time, then you'll be in that for a while. It is like the "train" example somebody gave a while back, you need to get off the "bad train" and get on the "good train"

It is impossible to expect Phoenix to give good signals all the time, so if you catch a bad signal at the beginning, you're locked in since Phoenix won't take another trade until the current trade is finished, even if there are good signals during this time. So by the time Phoenix is done with the bad trades, it had already missed the good signals, and may be the next signal it takes happens to be bad also (we hope good signals, but we can only hope). Only thing to do is manually close the bad trade.

Your Phoenix and my phoenix will eventually become synchronized. There will be times when the market is too quiet for Phoenix and there won't be any trades at all and when Phoenix starts again, your Phoenix and my Phoenix will start at the same point and be on the same "train", but this can take a long time especially with 4 pairs. Now, we can speed up the synchronization by manually closing some trades, but since we're testing full auto mode, I don't think we should mess with it.

I start my Phoenix with default setting, full auto with no intervention, starting Sunday afternoon and stopping Friday night. My internet connection is rated at 7mbps, so it is good. I had that one huge spike on cable a while back, but I think I fixed that already. What do you mean "shut down"? and how can you tell if the settings are corrupted if they're hard coded?

From looking at my results, it seems that most of the loses happen on Fridays, carrying over into Mondays. I'm thinking about setting up another account where Phoenix will run Tue to Thur only. Any thoughts?

Your theory about the "train" is right : I wrote something like that to Darak past November... And was asking that when when we are "locked" in the "train" we have two options :

a/ positive = lets the train go... Sure !!!!

b/ negative = how Phoenix can close earlier in order not to have a full SL x 3( ) ????

AZBO (other eminent member of Phoenix family ), is also with same settings brooker, P570, inside settings, mode 3 full auto, all stuff... and we get in the past exactly the same results on 3 pairs. Absolutly the same.

I start 1 hour before openning at 23h GMT and close friday around 23 GMT : the we get the same signal all week long

Yours results are totally different : that's bothers me...

(Electricity shut down : sorry english is not my mother language... )

See you

Statment from Phoenix 6

Weekly test for daraknor

1 Timeframe: 15min

2 Broker: FXDD

3 Settings file: Defaults

4 Account: Demo

5 Version: 6alpha (full auto)

6 Cur: usdchf

1 Timeframe: 15min

3 Settings file: Defaults

4 Account: Demo

5 Version: 6 alpha easy (full auto)

6 Cur: usdchf

If you want I will test another version, please tell me as soon as in Phoenix 6 Expert vs Simple. Thank you very much for your effort

hhsmoney:

I finished coding a new time filter that is "day specific" for Phoenix 6. (I find it much easier to write larger changes in Phoenix 6 than small changes in Phoenix 5.) If the signal is turned on, it will default to trading Monday-Thursday 24 hours, and then stop a few hours short on Friday.

Right now I'm doing backtesting on Phoenix 5 for USDJPY with SL=TP. There are 4 phases to my optimization techniques for Phoenix now :/

Regarding riding trains: I recommend giving "MaxTrades" another look, and maybe set the number to 2 or 3. This isn't so scary when SL is the same as TP. If you increase MaxTrades, make sure you increase consec signals (20 or 30 is good). I'm hoping that with TP=SL we'll have higher quality "late entry" signals on the trend reversal. Phoenix seems to enter too early, because the curve takes so long to reverse.

For Phoenix testers :

As I am in a good mood this morning (!) ,I have to say that a lot of people are sleeping here.

And I feel very upset about that...

10 guys are posting results, 5 guys are testing code, indi, TF.. etc (and doing a great job for everybody)

That's not fair that almost 100 people take advantage of that doing nothing, absolutly nothing...

At least post results, please !

Or these 100 guys want that we (the 10 guys working for you!) move to a private yahoo group and they will stay alone on the "edge of the beach" ????????

Human nature you will say ? Perhaps...

But these same one's will yell like hell if the Top Ten move for another place...

I don't to flame or disrespect anybody... but please at least bring your stone (lbig or little wahtever)

Thanks your attention

Five weeks,Feb 18,2007--Mar 23,2007.I didn't run 24 hours in the first three weeks.

#1 Timeframe: H1

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: optimization

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2a

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Cur : USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF,EURUSD,EURJPY,GBPJPY

#8 Results : 1570 pips, Floating: 80 pips.

This week is bad for my setting.

My Phoenix 6 didn't have a trade this week,and I saw other people had trades.

Files:
week5.gif  6 kb
week5.htm  86 kb

dear all

i heard about phonix system and experts

could some one after this tim of live test

what is best version can do in realy account and waht's setting

and if plz attach statment

thanks alot

ah_elewely:

dear all

i heard about phonix system and experts

could some one after this tim of live test

what is best version can do in realy account and waht's setting

and if plz attach statment

thanks alot

No need to write like that !!! We know how to read, we are not blind and not stupid !!!!!

BTW See : Phoenix FAQ thread, Phoenix FAQ Developpement and to see results in Phoenix Live testing thread.

When you will have read all that you will know all about Phoenix...

Yes : you have to made some home works... and not have the "hot cake directly in the mouth" !

See you

Ok bert, I understand now..... There has been no shut down. Plus, I run Phoenix on a laptop, so that even if the electricity goes out, it would still have it's own power source to continue to run Phoenix.

daraknor, if it's complicated to code a day specific Phoenix, wouldn't it be easier to just turn on Phoenix Tue morning and turn it off Thur night? I think I understand what you're saying about SL, TP, and MaxTrade, but since I have very little trading knowledge, help with testing is about the limit of my capablity lol I'm afraid I'll break it if i try to tweak it

ah_elewely, I promise you will find your answers if you just read a little bit. People have worked long and hard to bring Phoenix to this point, the least you can do is read a little before making a post like that!

I share bert's frustration. This is a community project, meaning that everybody has to do their part. If you can code, then help with coding. If you can optimize, then help with optimization. If you can test, then help with testing. But don't just do nothing! If you take something from the community, the very least you can do is give something back to the community. So share your improved code, new setting files, test results.... whatever that will help with the growth of Phoenix's development! Just remember, if Phoenix doesn't grow, neither will your bank account (it may for the time being, but Phoenix isn't fully developed yet;)). So if you're holding out on the the community, you're holding out on yourself.

So come on people, can we work on getting rich together or is Phoenix going to have to move to a private yahoo group?

Weekly Results

1 Timeframe: 15min. Run from ~ 6A GMT Monday till Late Thursday/Early Friday AM. I try not to have any open trades going into the weekend.

3 Settings file: GBP/$ & $/CHF modified. Raised Consec Signals to 13, reduced T/P's, GBP-26, CHF-21, reduced S/L & Close trade 2-3. Dropped $/JPY & EUR/JPY

4 Account: Live-mini

5 Version: 5.7.0 full auto-manually close some trades in ~40 pip profit area.

6 Phoenix mode: 3. Run from

Comments:$/CHF & GBP/$ both mini money-makers this week(+102 for both). Only 1 losing trade all week! My testing results are not as pure as they could be due to my intervention. I have been losing $$$ gradually and overtime (most all of my losses I have only myself to blame) and decided I needed to use my two best currencies and try to build my live account back up (quick, short 20 T/P's/reduced S/L and 2-3 trade close settings). That worked....but comparing my statement to Bertbin's...I left alot of $$$ on the table. Seems like about the time I eliminate a consistant loser from the mix...it becomes a big winner . Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think a person can just let Phoenix run, untouched. Some trades need to be managed(bad trades need exit help). I just need to get better at knowing when to intervene....and when not to.

This is the second week I did not have $/JPY in the mix and the the first week I did not have EUR/JPY in the mix. This week(03/25-03/30), back to defaults on GBP & CHF, Bertbin/AZBO settings on EUR/JPY. I wont be including IBFX reports any longer.

Where oh where is our friend AZBO?

Files:
fxdd-wk11_1.htm  61 kb