Live Testing reports - page 62

New GBPUSD Settings

wujun122:
Four weeks,Feb 18,2007--Mar 16,2007.I didn't run 24 hours in the first three weeks.

#1 Timeframe: H1

#2 Broker: IBFX

#3 Settings file: optimization

#4 Account: Demo

#5 Version: 5.7.2a

#6 Phoenix mode: 3

#7 Cur : USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCHF,EURUSD,EURJPY,GBPJPY

#8 Results : 1997 pips, Floating: 234 pips.One trading of GBPUSD which used another setting got 450 pips,so the result of this week is not good,just OK.

Would be interested in your new GBPUSD settings if you would like to share them with us. I have been "doing battle" with the GBPUSD for a long time. Thanks, Les

leshammondpsf@yahoo.com

leshammond:
Would be interested in your new GBPUSD settings if you would like to share them with us. I have been "doing battle" with the GBPUSD for a long time. Thanks, Les leshammondpsf@yahoo.com

Here it is.I use it for Phoenix 5.7.2a.

Files:
gu2614.rar  2 kb

For Darak

Screen shots of EUR/JPY last week (TF30 and TF15) + detailed statement same week

As you can see P570 alway took wrong option... waiting the reverse...

Hope this help

Last screen shot EUR/JPY last week

(I like the spike of this night :two SL hited ! Shhhhhh... !GRRRRRR!!)

Files:
fxdd_b07gif.gif  23 kb

Darknor

daraknor:
I would greatly appreciate it if people could look at their loosing trades tihs week (and maybe the week before) and and answer a few questions for each loosing trade:

1 how long was the trade open before SL?

2 Add a moving average with settings: 30, 5, 4. Was there a gap over 10 pip above or below the trade when it was entered?

3 how many peaks and flat areas between entering the trade and the loss?

4 date, time, currency, signal (buy or sell) of losing trade

Category 1 is a question we might want to answer for several weeks of data.

Category 2 applies to the new trade filter I added.

For all trades:

A how many peaks between entering the trade and the first major movement toward a profit

B was the price moving in the direction Phoenix traded?

C was there a very tight channel (condensing channel, narrowing channel, a "flat spot" on chart) when Phoenix entered the trade? (if yes, was it a win or a loss?)

D Did your trade exit after a straight vertical line on the chart over 20 pips? (these are news releases) If yes, how long between the horizontal and entering the trade?

E date, time, currency, signal

We should eliminate trades of category C. Category D trades are a gamble I'm willing to treat as a 50:50 win:loss gamble (which hurts us in Phoenix because losses are twice as powerful as wins). Category A and B are signal optimization questions.

daraknor,

I am running this on Wujun's setting and H1 do you still want this info?

daraknor:
Originally Posted by daraknor well my settings are at 9 consecutive wins, no losses, one open trade in the positive for GBPUSD. +378 posted pips for the week and the week isn't quite done yet.

PS What are your settings For the GBP to get the results? Are they Default, changed or what? If you could link me to the post or whatever. I will be in your debt.

Thanks

wujun122:
Here it is.I use it for Phoenix 5.7.2a.

I assume this should replace the original 5.7.2aGBPUSDH1 that you created originally. If it will get 450 PIPs consistently, perhaps it could be run as a stand-alone program!

H1 ???

wujun122:
It got 450 pips,but I don't know what will happen in future.We need to forward test it.

I am not sure about what I am going to comment but keep an open mind and if someone knows for sure, please comment.

If you put the 5.7.0 indicator on your chart, you will see where Phoenix take the trade in the past. A fairly good quantity would give negative results. Remenber that we need 2/3 good just to break even. So back test it and compare results between time frames. It may also need different settings.

Hi,Daraknor,

2007.03.16 14:00 sell 0.3 gbpusd at 1.9468.

the first trade closed at 1.9412 at 2007.03.16 18:05, profit is 56 pips.

the second trade closed at 1.9398 at 2007.03.18 22:14, profit is 70 pips.

the third trade SL at 1.9431 at 2007.03.19 00:56, profit is 37 pips.

In my opinion,If the first trade is closed at TP,SL could move to the opened price + 50% the profit of the first trade.If the first trade and the second trade are closed at TP,the third trade could get profit not less than the first trade.I hope the modification of SL could be better.

Files:
snap1_1.jpg  54 kb

leshammond:
I assume this should replace the original 5.7.2aGBPUSDH1 that you created originally. If it will get 450 PIPs consistently, perhaps it could be run as a stand-alone program!

It got 450 pips,but I don't know what will happen in future.We need to forward test it.

Files:
snap1_2.jpg  31 kb
snap2_1.jpg  91 kb

m6m6:
I am not sure about what I am going to comment but keep an open mind and if someone knows for sure, please comment. If you put the 5.7.0 indicator on your chart, you will see where Phoenix take the trade in the past. A fairly good quantity would give negative results. Remenber that we need 2/3 good just to break even. So back test it and compare results between time frames. It may also need different settings.

Trades are less in H1.It makes me to feel comfortable. In my opinion,H1 is better for the Phoenix.