"Phoenix - FAQ, Stable, User support -Read Post #1" - page 15

What do the 5 signals Do?

Do I have this right

The Signals

Signal 1 - Moving Average Envelopes

Envelopes they indicate the upper and lower limits of the price range. View a picture of Envelopes.

- If the price goes above the upper envelope that is a Buy Signal.

- If the price goes below the lower envelope that is a Sell Signal.

Signal 2 - Moving Average Comparison 1 - Counter Trend Signal

Two moving averages are calculated using the same time period P_SMAPeriod. The first is for the present timeframe, and the second is for a point in the past, which is a certain number of bars previous.

- If the older MA is greater than the present one that indicates a downtrend price trend. but Phoenix produces a Buy Signal

- If the older MA is greater than the present one that indicates a downtrend price trend. but Phoenix produces a Buy Signal

Signal 3 - OSMA - Counter Trend Signal

Uses OSMA: Calculates the Moving Average of Oscillator and returns its value. Sometimes called MACD Histogram in some systems.

- If the OSMA from 2 periods ago is less that the OSMA of 1 period ago this indicates a rising price trend, but Phoenix produces a Sell Signal.

- If the OSMA from 2 periods ago is less that the OSMA of 1 period ago this indicates a falling price trend, but Phoenix produces a Buy Signal.

Signal 4 - Moving Average Comparisons 2

Two moving averages are calculated, using P_Fast_Period and P_Slow_Period. Phoenix uses a 15-minute timeframe. The timeframes vary from 1 hour 15 minutes to 9 hours 15 minutes in the current pref settings. It subtracts the fast moving average (which should be for the shorter timeframe) from the value of the faster timeframe.

- If the faster moving average is above the slower one by at least P_DVBuySell but not by more than P_DVStayOut Buy.

- If the faster moving average is below the slower one by at least P_DVBuySell but not by more than P_DVStayOut Sell.

Signal 5 - Trade within Certain Hours

The default settings allow trading 24 hours a day. Using the 4 pairs of fields available you could restrict trading within certain hours. For example 1 to 3 in the morning or 8 to 9 in the morning, or 1pm to 2pm where you enter 13 to 14.

- If you are within one of the daily trading ranges Buy and Sell are both allowed

I will go through and verify this soon, I want to make sure each signal is accurate and correct the copy paste errors.

I have a todo list now, in no particular order. Anyone, feel free to join in.

Verify Signal interpretation from PContour

Tweak signal trade data in P6 Beta1

Create stealth trading system that is TS compatible

Combine "sliding" and "contracting" trailing stop systems.

Write P6 Simple and Advanced documentation

Wire transfer (attempt 3, now that the bank and fxdd agree on account name) money to PhoenixFund

Write up the guide on optimization I worked out with hhsmoney. (I can email edited logs if anyone is interested but I think I need to rewrite a lot of it)

Troubleshoot Chimera Signals.

Analyze signal 4 RSI declining signal in backtest

Optimize currencies (hhsmoney has USDJPY grinding at the moment)

Test long term validity of trend filter, test performance of Gann Style S&R lines. (Both are in P6 Adv Beta1 already)

Do calculations on time-to-reversal, either Elliot Wave style, or magnitude+timing (suspect 25-40% of reversals come at regular times or regular intervals)

Website for PhoenixFund needs updating

Create a single archive of all settings files created. Group them by Number for signal optimization, Group them by letter for changes to risk, trailing stops, modes, etc.

I was distracted by TF and life this weekend, I think we need to step up performance on P6 :/

P6 error msgs

2007.04.09 17:24:22 Phoenix6 Simple Beta2 USDCHF,M15: invalid lots amount for OrderSend function. ??? Anyone have any ideas....I have a suspicion its me, not P6

Dion

gforcejunke:
2007.04.09 17:24:22 Phoenix6 Simple Beta2 USDCHF,M15: invalid lots amount for OrderSend function. ??? Anyone have any ideas....I have a suspicion its me, not P6 Dion

find out the allowed broker minimum number of lots and put it in this field instead of what is shown here.

U_MinLot = 0.01;

Hopefully that does it.

Gentlemen,

I would like to use Phoneix EA. But I am a bit confused with a complexity of this program. Besides I am very new in automatic trading. I like to test latest version of EA using Mode 3 and default settings. I have installed the program on GBPJPY pair and it is smiling. I have set mode 3 in inputs. Now my question: is that enough to run the EA or should I change other settiing also? Thank you for your answer in advance. And I am sorry, if I am asking very simple questions

Pcontour:
find out the allowed broker minimum number of lots and put it in this field instead of what is shown here.

U_MinLot = 0.01;

Hopefully that does it.

It did. Thanks!

Sinnerman:
Gentlemen, I would like to use Phoneix EA. But I am a bit confused with a complexity of this program. Besides I am very new in automatic trading. I like to test latest version of EA using Mode 3 and default settings. I have installed the program on GBPJPY pair and it is smiling. I have set mode 3 in inputs. Now my question: is that enough to run the EA or should I change other settiing also? Thank you for your answer in advance. And I am sorry, if I am asking very simple questions

You will probably enjoy the documentation and find it helpful.

stable version

Hello all

I m nexbie here, and also in automated trading.

I heard that last stable version is v5.7.0. And what is the difference with version v5.7.3.

An other question is why don't we see Phoenix in the compared daily and weekly results issued here

Tks

Welcome newcomers! P570 and P573 are essentially the same. P573 fixed the trailing stop function which wasn't working properly in P570. P570 also suffers from requote issues during fast moving markets which has been addressed in P573 (supposedly anyway). Hope that helps!

frageor:
Hello all

I m nexbie here, and also in automated trading.

I heard that last stable version is v5.7.0. And what is the difference with version v5.7.3.

An other question is why don't we see Phoenix in the compared daily and weekly results issued here

Tks

hhsmoney is right and there are other new interesting options in 5.7.3.W. Phoenix is evolving at a rapid paste. Daraknor is working on Version 6. PContour and other collaborators are teaming up to improve as we go. There are a lot of info to digest in the multiples threads. I was a newbee not to long ago and I am happy that I took the time to read all post in all Phoenix threads. If you are serious about automatic trading, Phoenix is a good option.

Welcome in !