"Phoenix - FAQ, Stable, User support -Read Post #1" - page 8

giapel, thank you for actually posting the error information. Now I know *when* the error occurs. I ran Phoenix for several days without any error at all, I'm very grateful for the debugging help. Knowing what mode you are using helps (I think mode 3?)

Shinigami, I would need more information to actually fix the problem. What mode were you using? the full line of the error helps a great deal, along with the line before the error.

m6m6, Please forward test EURUSD. We haven't done enough forward testing on the settings, so trading them with real money would be early. We need forward testing!

Percent?

Hi

Could Somebody explain me why the percent is 0.0032 and not 0.32??

Andrewsurfer:
Hi Could Somebody explain me why the percent is 0.0032 and not 0.32??

Because it is 0.0032 == 0.32%. If you put 0.32, it will mean 32%.

Why? Why not? I dont think there is limitation in mathematic that percentage cannot be less than 1.

-RJ1-

RJ1:
Because it is 0.0032 == 0.32%. If you put 0.32, it will mean 32%. -RJ1-

Ok so why when I run backtest and open chart the envelops deviation is 0,1% not 0,32% as is it in settings?

Andrewsurfer:
Ok so why when I run backtest and open chart the envelops deviation is 0,1% not 0,32% as is it in settings?

There is something with the way the indicator is coded (MT) that makes its default to .1 you have to manually change it. The reason 0.0032 ? Apply the indicator to a chart and change to 0.0032 you will see that the channel will be cutting through all candles, opening positions in the middle part of the bar only.

The Cockeyed Cowboy

giapel, thank you for actually posting the error information. Now I know *when* the error occurs. I ran Phoenix for several days without any error at all, I'm very grateful for the debugging help. Knowing what mode you are using helps (I think mode 3?)

sorry , ...

i am using mode3 with default setting, on FXDD

more details : before

2006.12.11 10:48:59 Phoenix_EA_v5_6_07a USDJPY,M15 OrderModify 2 - Error # 130

and after

2006.12.11 10:49:17 Phoenix_EA_v5_6_07a USDJPY,M15: modify #2061899357 sell 0.10 USDJPY at 117.0300 sl: 117.0300 tp: 116.6100 ok

every currency pairs gives this error, even if EA continues to close positions

thank you, giapel

well, lets try this again. As Meatloaf says 2 out of 3 ain't bad, I trying for just 1 out of 3 on this way off modify sl on Mode 3 - 3rd order problem.

The 3rd order placed in Mode 3 is immediately modified to change sl. The new sl value is off by ~ 9. Example for USDJPY sell today, 2nd order sl=117.51 and 3rd order modified sl=126.36. Difference of 8.85. The calculation for this 3rd order sl, uses the function call MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL) as part of the sl calculation. MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL) is suppose to return Stop Level in pips. I would expect this to be ~0.84 as USDJPY Mode_3_StopLoss=84. I added a Comment() line to see the actual MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL) value and it came back 10. So it seems the MarketInfo call does not work properly (MetaQuote problem) or EA call for MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL) is invalid (program problem).

I hope this helps.

Wackena

Note: The above was on 5.6.06. I started 5.6.07a on demo this AM and USDJPY 3 orders seems to be normal, 3rd order was not incorrectly modified.

Edit: These dicussions really belong in the Dev thread, didn't intend to release this here since I just hit reply.

It appears that we need to do MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point

... line 700 and 701

NewSLTrade3B=OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(((

OrderTakeProfit() -OrderOpenPrice())/2),Digits)- MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL);[/CODE]

Changes to:

[CODE]NewSLTrade3B=OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(((

OrderTakeProfit() -OrderOpenPrice())/2),Digits)- MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL)*Point;

Same change on 715

That is completely my fault. The documentation listed "MODE_STOPLEVEL 14 Stop level in points." but I didn't correct for it :/ That is what weekly builds are for I suppose. Mode 1 may be stable. I'm thinking about releasing 5.6.08 with mode 1 by default, listing the build as "stable" and making Mode 2 and mode 3 labeled "unstable - testing". Might be too complicated, but mode 1 has always appeared stable aside from weird broker issues.

I'm tempted to release a "logging" version as well for testers. It shouldn't be used on a daily basis, but logging would help a lot. I did create nearly 100G of logs on a single backtest (with optimization) but by default logging would be off.

So we have 3 choices...

1) make the two line change and release 5.6.8 as is.

2) Finish the extra logging and release 5.6.8 with logging off by default

3) Change the default mode to Mode 1 (which isn't as powerful but very functional) and release 5.6.8 as stable mode 1 only.

The typical user won't change the mode unless they read the documentation. Maybe when Mode 3 is stable we would mark it by default?

Feedback please...

Arrrggggg !!!!

Where is my third trade (mode3) of USD/JPY 2006/11 dec 11:43 ???

Files:

Yep, thats error #130 and I thought I posted it. My mistake.

Yep, i've seen *point a lot of times and always wondered what does it do.

Thanks for explanation! I'll try to backtest using modified code.

I think that you can make 5.6.8 without logging and then add a 5.6.8L version with logging. But please include default settings instead of 0. Using prefsettings is good but seeing 0 everywhere makes me confused badly. Or make a pack of the EA and settings for every currency pair.

Also is there a way for me to backtest with 2 different currency pairs with different settings? Like testing EUR and GBP at the same time... If there is, I'd love to test all 4 main pairs on a single backtest (I understand it will take a few hours to do a 2,5 year backtest)