Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 4

CFD and Gold

Btw, what about using Phoenix to trade CFD and Gold? Any ideas?

Eurusd

Hi guys

is it possible to include the parameters for eur/usd in the code?

"

if(PrefSettings == true)

{

if((Symbol() == "EURUSD") || (Symbol() == "EURUSDm"))

Is there a problem because Phoenix doesn't work with eur usd?

daraknor:
This is thread for development, code submissions, different EA builds and ideas for development. I request that the first 3 posts are held by people willing to actively work on this, and then people can post their ideas and suggestions.

The first 3 posts will be actively edited when new information is released so new people always read the most current official information on the first post.

I personally like the idea of 3 builds:

Stable - okay to run all modes with real money, verified profitable on at least 2 weeks of live testing and no reported killer bugs. An "ultra stable" version should also be released. Older stable versions will be released.

Testing - live testing performed on mostly stable builds to be candidates for "stable" build. Live testing verifies profitability and consistency.

weekly or nightly build - all code submissions combined together so people can backtest the latest features.

Current Stable: None. Maybe Phoenix 5.6.3 with modes 2/3 completely blocked from trading.

Current Testing: Phoenix 5.6.3 Mode 1/Mode 2

Weekly build: Phoenix 5.6.4

Weekly build notes: HerbertH Mode3 fix (SL updated on 2 and 3 when 1 TP), Dagnar@FF Consecutive Signals (Ignore Buy/Sell signals less than threshhold, setting of 5 had excellent results), and Daraknor "MaxTrades" option added for mode 1(untested). Details are post #10.

Guys, I suggest you add time and date of last modification as a comment line into the ea. Would be really helpful and well, the more precise the less confusion. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

Denkhaus:
OrderModify Errors 130.

The Errors occur in Mode3_MoveSL_Trade_3() function. I think the reason is that

SL is greater OrderOpenPrice() in a Long order and vicaversa in a Short order.

It seems that the EA code is not fully checked if API Errors happen.

I think we should introduce API call checking for each API call and evaluate

GetLastError() if possible. This would make Phoenix more reliable.

I agree, Error Handling is better than Error Reporting only.

The fix for this issue is to call RefreshRates(); then immediately set the SL at current price+ MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL) for sell orders and Current Price - MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL) for buy orders.

I'll code this for release end of week if nobody else does. If you do make the change, please post it as a code snippet here.

Trader83:
There can be no signal for entering second position after Phoenix opened first position. That is why I propose to enter second position not by signal, but by distance from the entering point of the first Phoenix position. This second enter should be made between Phoenix SL point and Phoenix Enter point. The closer to SL, the less will be Stoploss of second position, the greater will Takeprofit (distance from entering second position and Breakeven point of first Phoenix position). Simply by having good gain\profit ration we'll get profit.

The only thing is that what is the probability if the price goes -40pips, then returns to breakeven (and goes to Phoenix TP). It is very timeconsuming to test it manually, so it would be great if somenody could add to code of Phoenix several options:

- to enter second ''not Phoenix'' trade when prices goes to -X pips

- SL of that second trade is the same as Phoenix position one

- Take profit - variable (usually - entering price of Phoenix position)

- ability to decrease number of that second trades (as ptice can fluctuates a lot, and btw we can get 2 or 3 trades while holding Phoenix position)

On the whole, this idea is based not on signals, but on statistics, that Phoenix makes a lot of correct entries, which overcome bad entries. Plus, goog gain\loss ratio.

Evaluating current trades in the ways you recommend sounds very valuable I added MaxTrades without any logic so we could see more entry signals. It would be better for debugging if we checked the entry signals, then executed trade if no trades were open. This would be a waste of execution time if we have open trades but can't use them. So I did a quick hack that didn't change the current runtime but might let us see additional entry signals.

If someone is using MaxTrades=5 and signal_count=50 we are waiting a minimum of 50 ticks between executing the last entry signal and starting a new one. If the same entry signal appears again, we are often (from my looking at multiple trade logs over the same period) closer to the peak waiting for the trade reversal. On several occasions the first trade hits SL and the second one wins. Another possibility is the first trade sitting open for days ranging in the 126 pip spread provided, but not closing. The second trade would hit the profit target and exit quickly. I have very advanced tactics for handling these situations in the TS code I have been writing, allowing first trade to exit at a small profit or a small loss and second trade to take the full TP. This TS code is a helper EA and I may eventually merge the code into Phoenix.

ienaplinsky:
Hi guys

is it possible to include the parameters for eur/usd in the code?

if(PrefSettings == true)

{

if((Symbol() == "EURUSD") || (Symbol() == "EURUSDm"))

Is there a problem because Phoenix doesn't work with eur usd?

A team member is currently working EURUSD settings. They will be posted in the Settings Thread when they are complete.

Diam0nd:
Guys, I suggest you add time and date of last modification as a comment line into the ea. Would be really helpful and well, the more precise the less confusion. Just my 2 cents.

Will do Diamond! I'm also going to title the release descriptions "Change Notes" so they are easier to find.

Trader83:
Btw, what about using Phoenix to trade CFD and Gold? Any ideas?

As post 34 says, we are still working on settings for EURUSD. You are welcome to work on CFD/Gold settings and contribute them!

FXDD data

daraknor:
Thank you very much Georgiy. FXDD was recommended to me, but I was skeptical. If you have both demo and live data feeds (recorded not downloaded) I would greatly appreciate them. I would like to compare live vs real for FXDD especially and see how different the two data feeds are. Would you mind sharing your full trading history? I would like to evaluate it. You can PM if you don't feel like posting.

sorry, this is off topic...

I was looking at datafeeds for live and demo and this what I found..

Just quick look shows very much a difference here!!??

I has opened live account but this examination of data difference

probably has to be a concern to run EA

So I am still thinking what to do..

Files:

ALPARI UK DEMOvs REAL

Here is comparison of ALPARI UK real vs demo data

I just opened real account and looking at the data feeds visually.

This one is at least looks more alike

Files: