Multi EAs, multi brokers, same computer

Hi all, I was wondering if it is possible to test multiple EAs using multiple brokers on the same computer? It seems that you can only open 1 instance of MT4 (or MT3 for that matter), thus only 1 broker can be used at a time. Do I need multiple computers for testing different brokers at the same time? Thanks in advance!

hhsmoney:
Hi all, I was wondering if it is possible to test multiple EAs using multiple brokers on the same computer? It seems that you can only open 1 instance of MT4 (or MT3 for that matter), thus only 1 broker can be used at a time. Do I need multiple computers for testing different brokers at the same time? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Just install a few MT4 platforms, If you need to use more EAs with one Broker than you only need to have the option to change the magic number of the EA.

That's all.

Hope this help

Thanks JoZo! Ok, I have installed MT4 that I downloaded from Metaquote (aka Mig). I have downloaded FXDD's MT4. The two seems to be the same and when I try to install FXDD's MT4, it wants to install to Mig's MT4 directory, so do I just force FXDD to install to a different directory?

hhsmoney:
Thanks JoZo! Ok, I have installed MT4 that I downloaded from Metaquote (aka Mig). I have downloaded FXDD's MT4. The two seems to be the same and when I try to install FXDD's MT4, it wants to install to Mig's MT4 directory, so do I just force FXDD to install to a different directory?

Hi,

If you want to have more than 1 MT4 then you have to install in different dir.

example: MT4-NF, MT4-FXDD, MT4-IBFX

Thanks JoZo! Ok, can you explain the magic number a bit more? Sorry if these questions seem elementary, I'm still a novice at this

hhsmoney:
Thanks JoZo! Ok, can you explain the magic number a bit more? Sorry if these questions seem elementary, I'm still a novice at this

Here you will find the answer.

http://www.metatrader.info/node/115

Hope this help.