New EA - "Predator" - page 18

The EA is called Chaos Unlimited.. It actually works on volatility and Chaos Theory (Not the Larry Williams kind mind you) using a limited amount of Martingale Money Management with a 15% hard stop on drawdowns (hard stop has yet to happen mind you).

The results are posted in this link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173055/page37

thanks you are very kind

regarding your martingaile perspective

drgoodvibe:
The EA is called Chaos Unlimited.. It actually works on volatility and Chaos Theory (Not the Larry Williams kind mind you) using a limited amount of Martingale Money Management with a 15% hard stop on drawdowns (hard stop has yet to happen mind you). The results are posted in this link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173055/page37

hey again.

it seems we shre the same perspective but from oposite sides. i think that martingail should be the essence-the basis of my system. i see its main weakness in "self controlling" , which means i have to set boundries for it.

as you said, martingail is great in ranging but can blow you out in a breakout. so if it has a dificulty to recognize a breakout, so another tull which specializes in a break-out market should do the job. an integration between the two could be, theoretically, a money machine.

hope to hear from you soon, and again- thanks alot for answering.(i am not alone in my thoughts, thank god).

guy_ml:
hey again.

it seems we shre the same perspective but from oposite sides. i think that martingail should be the essence-the basis of my system. i see its main weakness in "self controlling" , which means i have to set boundries for it.

as you said, martingail is great in ranging but can blow you out in a breakout. so if it has a dificulty to recognize a breakout, so another tull which specializes in a break-out market should do the job. an integration between the two could be, theoretically, a money machine.

hope to hear from you soon, and again- thanks alot for answering.(i am not alone in my thoughts, thank god).

Actually the way i've designed the EA is to take advantage of breakouts. It's actually a breakout strategy that follows volatility.

The reason why I put it in a martingale strategy is due to the false breakouts. The EA makes the most money following the long term trend and then catching the breakout in that long term trend. If the breakout is a false one in the long term trend the martingale strategy gets us out of the negative trade sense the trade in general was in the long term trend so price eventually will retrace which then will makes our profit via the martingale progression. This is why there are so few moments when the progression gets to 2 or more.

So this EA combined with one that makes money in low volatility ranging times and doesn't trade in high volatility breakout/trending times such as one your describing might be very profitable.

guys , i put initial stop to avoid the max drawdown..... .this EA is good cos it has secure profit when the trend is wrong something like that.. this is my forward testing .....with initial stop 1. if dont put initial it would be BLOWN.....so far is good result..no matter which trend to go..

simonsmart:
guys , i put initial stop to avoid the max drawdown..... .this EA is good cos it has secure profit when the trend is wrong something like that.. this is my forward testing .....with initial stop 1. if dont put initial it would be BLOWN.....so far is good result..no matter which trend to go..

hey there. i just wanted to say that i've come a great great deal with this ea. i can say with high probality that it would be my live, giving it a 1-2 months more to run on a demo. i've paid a great deal to programers to add features, and those are my general conclusions:

this ea needs stabilization. it hates unexpected outbursts. which leads you to several conclusions:

1. find out what's the range of the currency you are trading(1H). if a candle go over that range- stop trading for this specific candle.

2. use bollinger bands. don't trade if it's beyond bollinger bands. only within it.

3. avoid any kinde of high rated news- this could be done automatically' i've found a feature in other thread in here.

4. another thing regarding bolinger bands: if it narrows, a high probability for out burst exists. consider avoid trading those times.

5. use low leverage.

this would decrease profits but will keep it steady. i wish you a lot of luck.

i am loving predator...........................this is really invisible in the market...LOL greattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

guy_ml:
hey there. i just wanted to say that i've come a great great deal with this ea. i can say with high probality that it would be my live, giving it a 1-2 months more to run on a demo. i've paid a great deal to programers to add features, and those are my general conclusions:

this ea needs stabilization. it hates unexpected outbursts. which leads you to several conclusions:

1. find out what's the range of the currency you are trading(1H). if a candle go over that range- stop trading for this specific candle.

2. use bollinger bands. don't trade if it's beyond bollinger bands. only within it.

3. avoid any kinde of high rated news- this could be done automatically' i've found a feature in other thread in here.

4. another thing regarding bolinger bands: if it narrows, a high probability for out burst exists. consider avoid trading those times.

5. use low leverage.

this would decrease profits but will keep it steady. i wish you a lot of luck.

important things to avoid..........is to avoid the HIGH IMPACT NEWS there was a year in 2005 that with 1000 pips down in a day.....

and always put stoploss...... set the maximum drawdown..=) andddddddddd

great great great deal like u have said , but most of the time it can survive during HIGH IMPACT NEWS.....but some bad newssssss may not good like 1000 pips down...... so initial stop is a must ........

guy_ml:
new ideas- summerize:

1. predator (and all martingails) cant handle well a mistake. it just keep on telling the market he is mistaken, consuming our margin in the meanwhile.

2. most important:the system has to be given a point in which it admits loses and cut them off. even if this means less profits- the risk is enourmesly low. we can define it by equity terms- we dont accept more than certain % of drawdown. automatically. that can be done with the multi-position ea here in elite section(u can read the thread).

3. saying that, we shouldnt forget to give the system a fair chance. that is the most simple part: only fine tuning the pip steps, lot size, time frames and picking the right pairs.

it personaly works for me for the past month or so. i think i am on to something with this simple idea, but it still needs a fine-tuning, like i said.

anyone thinks i am terribly wrong?

thanks ahead for any comment.

you are correct , fine tuning with specific pair that with good retracement =) one of the best that "keep ordering" among those risky ones.

Predator wins........and where is the alien? lol