New EA - "Predator" - page 11

damn, good job Bluto.

Tross:
damn, good job Bluto.

Hi'ya Tross. Hope all is well for you, m8. Nice job on the backtesting effort there in your thread over on the Reg. forum.

Bluto,

Did you ever get my PM? Congrats on your Jitterbug!

dee

deeforex:
Bluto,

Did you ever get my PM? Congrats on your Jitterbug!

dee

Hi dee,

I'm a bit behind on PM's, emails, voice mails, snail mails,.... I'll get back to you soon. Sorry.

Things are good Bluto, thanks.

I'm glad I popped over to this section,

From the 99% backtesting thread and numerous experiments of my own, I have come to agree with the many experienced voices that say Backtesting is only good for a few things

wish I had something on topic, ND is gonna kick my ass.

Tross

tf

excellent post Bluto

I understand the workings better now but why not make 2 ways to close the EA. As soon as a profit (5 points is reached), a trailing stop kicks in and moves stop to breakeven or +1. This would protect profits and so what if it moves against you. Let it move and use your indicators to re-enter at a more favorable spot. The only time the progression would activate is when the trade starts off against you immediately. You may actually have 10 trades at breakeven, but that would be better than losing 10 or having to rely on the progression to get you out. I think this might even work at news time. You would either be in or out, as long as the initial trade moved 5 points in your direction. Food for thought.

tf

Can you post your results for Jitterbug thanks

Jitterbug

hi, bluto

great work(analysis) for Jitterbug, i hope to follow the development of it

giapel

Hi Bluto,

Wow, Jitterbug could be the Nr.1 EA, on the base of your description. It is a well thought out, professionally designed bot - or more than that .

I also hope that there will be a chance to follow its development.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Predator

Im new to Mt4 and Ea s--I have read most of the post on the development

of the Predator---Trying to reason all of this out makes my head hurt.

Any way, would some one explain a few items to me.

# 1 The intial stop. If i put in -0- or any other number, I still get about a 100 pip stop. Can I control the stop loss ??

# 2 The trailing stop---The lay out says , pip to trail the stop loss

I thought a trailing stop trailed the profit ?????

# 3 The Copy of the Predator that I have takes me out of the trade

about 4 pips before the take profit number ????

# 4 On the inputs tab I have value, I understand that

I have a problem with Start, Step and stop

Any help on these items will be appreciated

Thanks

A P