New EA - "Predator" - page 6

Settings...

Hi Bluto,

Thanks for this great EA. I was just starting to add jurik indicators to Terminator, and now I don't have to!

Is it reasonable to suggest that the same settings that work on terminator would be a good starting point for this EA - meaning pairs and other settings beyond OpenOrdersBasedOn?

Thanks again for your excellent work!

Cheers,

CS

cubesteak:
Hi Bluto,

Thanks for this great EA. I was just starting to add jurik indicators to Terminator, and now I don't have to!

Is it reasonable to suggest that the same settings that work on terminator would be a good starting point for this EA - meaning pairs and other settings beyond OpenOrdersBasedOn?

Thanks again for your excellent work!

Cheers,

CS

The same settings should work fine. The only difference between the two EA's are the indicators....well, that and that one "secret" line of code in Predator.

Czi

Hi Bluto, I saw your post in the Cost Averaging System thread regarding your testing of tweaking Predator by adding the Chop Zone Indicator for ranging markets, fantastic idea!! I really appreciate Predator and or but the drawdowns make me shaky even on a demo. When incorporating the CZI will that be included in Predator and counterbalance those large sometimes vulnerable open positions or would this be a completely seperate EA? Thanks for your time. Goldensight

goldensight:
Hi Bluto, I saw your post in the Cost Averaging System thread regarding your testing of tweaking Predator by adding the Chop Zone Indicator for ranging markets, fantastic idea!! I really appreciate Predator and or but the drawdowns make me shaky even on a demo. When incorporating the CZI will that be included in Predator and counterbalance those large sometimes vulnerable open positions or would this be a completely seperate EA? Thanks for your time. Goldensight

It would just be an update to the Predator EA that would the CZI indicator for anyone who doesn't have it. I'm also looking at possibly using the Jurik Velocity indicator instead of CZI because it seems to identify range/trend transitional zones earlier and better.

Goblin

Bluto,

thanks for posting Goblin EA.

Question:

1.Which of the two indicators to use?

2.What is a setting you might use for a test on Pipsteps and Takeprofit?

Janus

JanusTrading:
Bluto,

thanks for posting Goblin EA.

Question:

1.Which of the two indicators to use?

2.What is a setting you might use for a test on Pipsteps and Takeprofit?

Janus

Janus -

There's no longer an option to choose "OpenOrdersBasedOn" as in Predator & Terminator. The EA simply uses the Jurik RSI for tagging the short term swings. You need to place both of the indicators in your Indicators folder; the Turbo_JRSX is the Jurik RSI and the Turbo_JVEL (Jurik Velocity based on JMA) is simply referenced to get the daily trend slope. I really have high hopes for this JVEL indicator keeping the trades going in the right overall direction. Where 10Point3 and it's clones get their butts kicked is when the daily trend is reversing one way and the EA keeps placing trades the other way....this is the primary cause of those huge drawdowns.

My settings are TakeProfit=15, Pips=10.

Hi Bluto, I have a hunch that Goblin is going to end up being one of the few EA's on a public forum that has a very good chance of being a working, profitable EA. With that said I see that in the Regular forum in a little over one day it is approaching 500 views. In your opinion is there any danger in "too many" people having possession of this EA and it's effectiveness decreasing? I'm talking about over a period of several months where you could effectively have 1,000 plus traders using it after getting passed around in 4+ different forums, because word travels fast and people/traders are hungry for an EA that works. This is all hypothetical projection but never-the-less it is good to think in advance sometimes. Would appreciate your feedback. Goldensight

goldensight:
Hi Bluto, I have a hunch that Goblin is going to end up being one of the few EA's on a public forum that has a very good chance of being a working, profitable EA. With that said I see that in the Regular forum in a little over one day it is approaching 500 views. In your opinion is there any danger in "too many" people having possession of this EA and it's effectiveness decreasing? I'm talking about over a period of several months where you could effectively have 1,000 plus traders using it after getting passed around in 4+ different forums, because word travels fast and people/traders are hungry for an EA that works. This is all hypothetical projection but never-the-less it is good to think in advance sometimes. Would appreciate your feedback. Goldensight

With the size & liquidity of the overall market, I really don't think retail traders are going to affect things too much with an EA like this. Everyone tinkers with settings, uses different pairs, etc. and that can drastically affect trade timing, etc. If the truth be known, I think the majority of the traders lifting EA's of of these forums are guys (& gals) with small accounts looking to make a few extra bucks. The pros that do the really big programmed trading probably have an IT staff and their own proprietary systems running direct into the market via ECN's. Just my opinion.

hi folks,

just wanted to say thanks to bluto for your work on terminator,predator and goblin.

i have tested a few weeks ago terminator but stopped it, now i am testing predator and will post my results.

have a great day all

Bluto, Thanks for sharing your opinion on my last pondering. The one potential hitch that I see with Goblin(at least for myself) is that when traded on a mini account their is probably still the possibility of large drawdown(although only time will tell in forward testing) and also since trading, even with an EA, is still a psychological endeavor the number of open positions can sometimes get rather abundant. With that said I think a happy medium might be a good idea for Goblin ie. trading pair positions with Goblin that would lie somewhere between a mini account and a micro account. For example if Goblin produces 25% on a given week on a $5,000 mini account it gives the trader $1,250 roughly and on a micro account he/she generates $125. But if there were a happy medium the trader would make roughly $600 during that trading week without the fretting about drawdown and or large open positions. I have never used a micro account but am currently demoing Goblin on one and I notice the profit is minimal at best so that got me to thinking about this. I thinking this happy medium is sought by alot of traders. Am I able to attain that happy medium by changing "lots" on the micro account from .01 to .05( or will that simply make all positions .05 which is not what I am seeking)? Or in order to find the happy medium I'm referring to would Goblin need additional coding? Thanks again,Goldensight

bluto:
With the size & liquidity of the overall market, I really don't think retail traders are going to affect things too much with an EA like this. Everyone tinkers with settings, uses different pairs, etc. and that can drastically affect trade timing, etc. If the truth be known, I think the majority of the traders lifting EA's of of these forums are guys (& gals) with small accounts looking to make a few extra bucks. The pros that do the really big programmed trading probably have an IT staff and their own proprietary systems running direct into the market via ECN's. Just my opinion.