Stream MT4 data into excel - page 2

takechance:
any answer for my question?

I found this:

Untitled Page

there is a tickcollector to download , but it didn't work for me, it closes with error my excel application. Try it you, please.

In that site they sell an application that work with indicators. If anybody have try it, tell us how is it. I saw the video and it has interesting things, like sending orders from excel to Mt4, downloading economic reports, etc.

There will be anything like that on the web for free?

I also found this spreadsheet in forexbrace.com

Let's play with it. I'm gonna add a column to calculate spread.

I had to compress it because the attachments manager doesn't support xls files.

Files:

Excel spread analysis sheet - feel free to download

I made an excel sheet to spread analysis of various pairs.

I posted here:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/11088-marcel-managed-accounts/page2#comment_413469

Included some pairs and graphics.

If anybody have some excel sheets that could obtain more info or analysis, please attach here.

Here you can see added RSS feed into Excel just below the trading dashboard.

I follow the news from all over the net while using the dashboard to trade.

Files:
fxd.jpg  175 kb

robert.neil:
Here you can see added RSS feed into Excel just below the trading dashboard. I follow the news from all over the net while using the dashboard to trade.

Is it a commercial or free worksheet? where did you get it?

It is commercial but you can get a free trial. I would post the link here but I am afraid it will be considered spam by the Admins.

codersguru:
You will use 5 instances of MT and you have to rename every MT.exe with a unique name! I'm not sure it'll work but give it a try!

You also have to edit the exe file to change any instance of the string "MT4" to the new name.

Ms_Mel:
Very simple. Start-up MT4, open an Excel spreadsheet and type this into a cell:

=MT4|bid!EURUSD

Instead of "bid", you can also put:

ask, open, close, high, low & volume

And of course, instead of EURUSD you can put whichever pair is your favourite.

A fun thing to do is take usdjpy, gbpusd and gbpjpy. Manually input a 1st column where you insert the opening price of each. Then, have the data for the 3 on screen updating in real time as in the example above in a second column. Have a third column calculate the difference. And finally, insert a graph using the data in your 3rd column and have fun watching when usdjpy and gbpusd go up, how much gbpjpy goes up etc. I tried developing a strategy around this some time ago, I'm sure there's something we could do with this.

nb: my example here isn't really good because I just took this pic at market open and gbpjpy is currently experiencing a giant gap down (which should close, but that's a COMPLETELY different strategy in itself).

Now, as for the original question, I am curious to know why you would like to import data from 5 different brokers ??? Hmmmmm, I wonder what you have in mind

Hope this helps,

Ms_Mel

sir, i try to use =MT4|volume!EURUSD to export live volume data to excel but it not work

would you help me the formula for exporting volume data to excel

thx

MQL4 or Excel for building strategies

Hi,

I am a newbie on the FX market and my broker offers the widely popular Meta Trader platform. Now I have come to understand that building your own strategies is the preferred way to go - as opposed to using Expert Advisers created by someone else. However learning MQL4 (Meta Trader 4 programming language) from scratch is not exactly my cup of tea. There are add-in solutions for Meta Trader 4 that allow the trader to use excel (I feel more comfy in Excel) to build strategies.

I wonder however whether an excel based solution for building strategies is as effective?

Meta Trader 4 Excel

1) You can use commercial solution like FxDialogue which do almost all things you need.

2) You can access MT in excel using DDE.

3) If you would like more complex way to interact with Excel you must create pure C++ library which is accessible from MT and can use COM API required to communicate with Excel.