Phreaky Phorex Successful Manual EA Needs Coding Experts - page 20

Not actually using EA

I am just manually trading this...I just downloaded the indicators and applied them to my chart...I wonder if we used the TEMA2, the Vidya3 set to 20 and the Vidya set to 70 like you have...if tema2 crosses vidya3(20) to the downside but not vidya3(70) then tema2 crosses up above vidya3(20) we could possibly add to positions?(this is if we are already long)

I could be making things a little too complicated, though...maybe try not to fix something that's not broken...lol

Chart screebshoot please

dear phreak, can you give screenshoot of your setup on VT...

i like to compare your setup with mine...

thank's

here you go maji,

vidya3.mq4

tema2.mq4

Files:
vidya3.mq4  3 kb
tema2.mq4  3 kb

maji,

if those 2 indicators dont work these 2 will:

kaufman with the settings 255, 15 fast, 10 slow

and DEMA with a 25 setting

dema.mq4

kaufman2.mq4

Files:
dema.mq4  3 kb
kaufman2.mq4  4 kb

GP2X:
Since we couldn't get the indicators same as what Phreak is using, why not just code a VT system? I don't know about VT system, but I don't mind which platform or broker to use, as long as the system profits.

IIRC, systems coded for VT don't allow you to open or close a trade intrabar. So, if the 10 pip limit is hit, the trade won't close until that 5 min bar is completed. By the time that bar is completed, price could be at +10 pips, or +5 pips, -20 pips, -50 pips, etc. I believe that could cause a problem.

News?

Phreak, we have news just now, CPI, and as you can see the price going down and we have sell signal, is it valid? And, about 15 min ago we have buy signal (using dema & kaufman), did you open that buy position? How do you deal with big news coming up? Do you close all your open position and waiting for the news and then jump in? Or, we should not trade around big news? Thank you.

benitohau:
Phreak, we have news just now, CPI, and as you can see the price going down and we have sell signal, is it valid? And, about 15 min ago we have buy signal (using dema & kaufman), did you open that buy position? How do you deal with big news coming up? Do you close all your open position and waiting for the news and then jump in? Or, we should not trade around big news? Thank you.

Benitohau,

See post #163

So far still no sell signal, using tema2 at 35, vidya3 at 70

If you enter the trade with 10 pips as TP, it won't be closed?

aegis:
IIRC, systems coded for VT don't allow you to open or close a trade intrabar. So, if the 10 pip limit is hit, the trade won't close until that 5 min bar is completed. By the time that bar is completed, price could be at +10 pips, or +5 pips, -20 pips, -50 pips, etc. I believe that could cause a problem.

GP2X:
If you enter the trade with 10 pips as TP, it won't be closed?

Not until the close of that bar. That's only with auto trading.

SirViver:
Benitohau,

See post #163

So far still no sell signal, using tema2 at 35, vidya3 at 70

SirViver,

please see the image, i've circled two crosses that happened when the news out, did you open any position (get in as soon as you can), or wait 5-15 min, or not open any position ? i'm using tema2 at 35 and vidya3 at 70. thanks

Files:
newscross1.jpg  16 kb