Heikin Ashi (better formula) - page 2

wahomeron1,

Why do you want the article?

It will not teach you much in comparison of what i have written here.

And it is in german! So if you read german ok Give your email and i will forward it to you (the link is broken at BNP-Paribas)...

PM Me if you want it!

false signals

Hey guys.

Just been backtesting this indicator on H1 throughout October. There seems to be quite a few false signals. Obviously this indicator is excellent for catching those big moves, but how do we eliminate the false signals?

Thanks.

Bump.......

As with most indicators I have come across, the chop will eat up all the profits and even more. For catching the big moves, one doesn't need more than a simple EMA. I think nearly every indicator works when the market trends ( apart from oscillators, perhaps). So the really hard part about trading is not getting the direction right, but knowing when there will be a trend and when the markets will be range bound...

Traderlarry:
As with most indicators I have come across, the chop will eat up all the profits and even more. For catching the big moves, one doesn't need more than a simple EMA. I think nearly every indicator works when the market trends ( apart from oscillators, perhaps). So the really hard part about trading is not getting the direction right, but knowing when there will be a trend and when the markets will be range bound...

I guess if we all knew when the market is trending and ranging we wouldn't need any system posted here. You are right that the EMA can help one catch the moves, but still, sometimes they make cross back and forth,

raff1410:
I think there is an EA based on HAMa somewhere at forum... Raff

just wanan say raf ur heiken ashi indicators rock.

Traderlarry:

have u seen raf's other HA indicators....the thing is very good for catching large pips...even better, i love how it can almost act as a confirmation to each signal generated by macd. like if raf's HA is showing trending up, almost all macd buy signals are very accurate, and sell signals are ignored....excellent!

i daresay these indicators are quite the best i've ever come across.

jjk2:
have u seen raf's other HA indicators....the thing is very good for catching large pips...even better, i love how it can almost act as a confirmation to each signal generated by macd. like if raf's HA is showing trending up, almost all macd buy signals are very accurate, and sell signals are ignored....excellent! i daresay these indicators are quite the best i've ever come across.

I agree with you. Now, get lotza pips with it. Best wishes!

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

I took the default settings, can someone tell me what does the vertical lines mean, and the meaning of the red under the blue as shown?

Files:
eurjpy_1m.jpg  75 kb

Too many false signals

dont agree with other users here. when testing several pairs, timeframes and market conditions you will find the indicator generating too many false signals and not behaving better than other movingaverage like indicators. just similar characteristics as all the MA's. nothing special. it does well during strong volatilitys market conditions and fails dramatically during range market conditions.

regards