How to mask external input value with *** sign?

Dear Boaders,

Does anyone have any idea how to mask external input value with ***** sign while keying in? The reason is that i wanted to password protect my EA for distribution. The current method will allows preying eyes seeing the password being typed.

The code i'm using now is this.

extern string Please_Enter_Password="0";

Greentooth:
Dear Boaders,

Does anyone have any idea how to mask external input value with ***** sign while keying in? The reason is that i wanted to password protect my EA for distribution. The current method will allows preying eyes seeing the password being typed.

No matter what, anyone with fifty bucks can have your EA decompiled.

Greentooth:
Dear Boaders,

Its impossible, as far as I know. In regular programming, this requires special Password handling that isn't supported in MQL4. Since they don't make it available in the language, your EA can't do it. Technically, it would be the EA properties dialog box that MT4 uses to set the extern values that needs to change to support it. They would then have to provide a new MQL4 password type (meaning, rather than a string) that would then be hidden by the dialog.

There really isn't anything you can do about this other than ask the MT4 people to make it possible, somehow. And, frankly, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one... I don't think they would give it a high priority...

-CS

get extern input values programatically

Does anyone one know how I can programatically get the extern input values currenlty entered for a given indicator in the chart?

post was moved to the wrong thread

ok. my post has been moved to the wrong thread.

Just to clarify, what i need to do is to get the values of the extern variables of an active indicator once the indicator is running.

For example:

indicator X is active on the chart and it has 1 extern value set to Y.

Indicator Z is active on the same chart and wants to know the value of Y

I dont need to control the indicator input window at all, if I did I would use the iCustom function.